Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, May-16-04, 15:27

Plan: Eat to Live
Stats: 250/199/110 Female 5'1"
BF:don't know
Progress: 36%

I agree w/ all the others, I started 2 weeks ago, felt fine days 1-3 and then lousy for days 4-7, then felt okay days 8-9, and since then (now on day 13) have been feeling increasingly more and more energy.. surpassing the energy I felt before I started. I hope it keeps going up as I can still use more energy!!!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 23:02
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/145/140 Female 64
BF:too scared
Progress: 80%

hello,
take supplements, if you are like me you don't like to take meds this will help. give the supplements 2 days, i am sure you will head results. :O)
  #18   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 12:05

Plan: Dyan's low carb
Stats: 170/168/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 10%

I have been on for five days but maybe I'm not strict enough with what I eat. I haven't had any bad symptoms. I do eat a small handfull of nuts in the evening for my snack. I have also eaten more veggies than 3/4 cup. Lost two pounds in 5 days.
  #19   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 17:45

Stats: 160/160/135 Female 5ft 5in
BF:
Progress:

Day 3... Ifeel so sick. Can not face anything fatty. In fact I am having to force myself to eat at all, (never thought I'd say that.) Any suggestions? Also will my appetite return?
  #20   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 18:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 229/200/159 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

lillykins,

Stick to it. I was exactly the same way on day 2 and 3 . . . no appetite, forcing myself to eat, light-headed, just blah. It improved within a few days so try to stick to it. Make sure to drink plenty of water, take your vitamins, and try to eat something. It will improve and you'll feel better than ever!!! You'll see.

And if you want, read some journals. They've been a source of inspiration to me . . . knowing that lots of others have gone through the same thing in the early days and have seen great results. And as far as that goes, start a journal of your own too.
  #21   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 18:36

Stats: 160/160/135 Female 5ft 5in
BF:
Progress:

Thanks for the support. Must go to bed now... It's half past midnight over here and my baby will be up in a few hours... No wonder I'm feeling tired... have been up late every night reading these messages! But they are really encouraging so thanks again.
  #22   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 20:03

Stats: 200/165/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 70%
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonyMouse

I started induction 10 days ago and days 2 and 3 I felt unbelievably bad!! I also had headaches and was light-headed, not able to concentrate. Unfortunately I didn't find much that helped, aside from time (by day 4 I was feeling quite a bit better, though still not much energy) and finding marvelous support and encouragement from the friendly folks here.

If you stick with it, it will get better. I was a bread-loving, sugar-addicted, milk-drinking fool. And giving that all up at once was a major shock to my body. Luckily it doesn't seem to take too long for most to adjust to this WOE.

Continued blessings on your lc journey. And if you ever need anything, just ask. There are countless people who are ready, willing and able to help.

anonyMouse

this is my 5th day and i can't tell if i lost any weight am I doing somthing wrong
  #23   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 20:07

Stats: 200/165/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 70%
Unhappy help

I started 5 day ago and I don't see any change in my weight what could I be going wrong? I use the strip and that change dark purple every day. whats going on help
  #24   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 21:02

BF:

I didn't weigh myself before I started, just had a general idea on what I had weighed over the past several months. In fact I didn't weight myself at all the first week. I did take my measurements though and intend to use those numbers and how I feel day to day as more of a guide to how I'm doing than what my scale says. You may be losing inches and not pounds. Besides, since this is a WOL I wouldn't worry too much about what happens the first week. Of course I just started. I know there are others here with lots of experience that might have a few more suggestions to help you out.
  #25   ^
Old Sun, May-23-04, 03:58

Plan: low fat
Stats: 175/175/140 Female 5ft 4"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Exclamation hi

good morning to everyone, am about to start on my low card diet today, and have been reading about the hell i am going to put myself through for the first week at least, still only a week.
Any good herbal remedies for the headaches that i am about to recieve, not a big tablet/medicine person.
  #26   ^
Old Sun, May-23-04, 08:23

BF:

tiggerfan,

You may not experience the withdrawal symptoms like some others have. I was a major bread-loving, sugar-addicted, milk-drinking fool before Atkins so I think giving it all up at once was a big shock to my system. My husband on the other hand, who started Atkins a couple months before me didn't experience any of that. He didn't eat as much of the forbidden stuff before so didn't have the withdrawal symptoms like I did. It varies a lot from person to person.

And unfortunately I don't have any advice on the herbal remedies but I hope that your first few days aren't too much of a burden on you.
  #27   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 14:21

Plan: Dyan's low carb
Stats: 170/168/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 10%

I have just finished my first week and did not have any headaches or any other side effects. I have lost four pounds. I am not on any particular program. I have just gathered a lot of info on the net and am using recipies I find there. It's obviously working. I am pleased with the weight loss so far. Will see how the second week goes.