Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sun, May-02-04, 11:16
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

That's because I'm still waiting for you to give us something to GO ON. You've been vague and outright evasive when asked to spell out the FACTS behind your plan.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, May-02-04, 11:19
Registered Member

Plan: Warrior LC
Stats: 222/201/191 Male 180 cm
BF:30%/12%/12%
Progress: 68%
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa N
Watcher, here's some thoughts for you since you seem interested in substance:

Post a comparison between the major low carb plans (Protein Power, Atkins, CAD, Schwarzbein Principle) and your Warrior diet. Be specific as to the content of each plan. Tell us what the pros and cons are (in your opinion) between the Warrior Diet and these plans. Also consider the main objective of each plan and whether it is suitable for a larger or smaller segment of the population (ie is it directed at a specific group of serious athletes or more directed towards the average person who may exercise, but not at high intensity levels or many hours a week?). But...be prepared to post studies and research to back up your opinions.
How do you measure the "real effects" of your way of eating? Is it based on weight and body fat percentage only or also on blood tests?
Is it fair to compare plans whose primary objectives are geared toward weight loss and better health (as evidenced by improved blood tests) with a plan whose primary objective seems to be on maximimzing the potential of serious weight training?
You imply that your plan works and works better than all these others. What is this based on? Studies, personal experience, anecdotal evidence?
As I've mentioned before, many here have lost tremendous amounts of weight and many more have seen amazing, measureable, improvements in their health through low carbing on various plans. If you're going to claim that your plan would work better, then you'll need to show how and what that claim is based on.

Since I was asking for comments from others I don't see the reason to go on a personal queeste against other diets. Besides that I have an idea about the quality of such a discussion, seen the before reactions...

What I wanted:
Get some discussion going on things that do work for people (mine being one of them), this is different from using articles and wordcalling as ammunition against each other. Personal experiences and scientific results are the things I would like to use. Nothing else.

That is staying with the facts....
  #33   ^
Old Sun, May-02-04, 11:22
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatofree
That's because I'm still waiting for you to give us something to GO ON. You've been vague and outright evasive when asked to spell out the FACTS behind your plan.

This is getting crazy, FACTS behind a plan?

I informed about what I do, and the results. That are FACTS.

Most diets are not based on facts at all...
  #34   ^
Old Sun, May-02-04, 11:31
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

Obviously NOT. Good luck to you, and I hope you find the kind of discussion you're looking for. You seem to be digging for something when all I wanted was a simple explanation of how you quantify the results of your plan, as Lisa N spelled out for you.
  #35   ^
Old Sun, May-02-04, 13:37

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Since I was asking for comments from others I don't see the reason to go on a personal queeste against other diets.

Watcher...below are the first 2 lines from your original post in this thread:

Quote:
Why are you not interested in things that work?
Although I am trying very hard to form a group of users of the Warrior Diet this is not going fast enough.

What that seems to say to me is that a) you don't think what I (and the majority of other members on this board) am currently doing works/is working and b) you were only interested in finding others who are currently following the Warrior Diet or recruiting people to follow it and you were expressing frustration that you weren't getting the following you wanted as fast as you wanted.

Quote:
Personal experiences and scientific results are the things I would like to use. Nothing else.

Great! But I'd like to point out that personal experiences are not scientific by any means; they are anecdotal evidence only. You also haven't outlined what you consider scientific results (which is one of the things I asked you to do above). Simply saying, "I did this and got this result" is not scientific. It's anecdotal/subjective.

Quote:
I informed about what I do, and the results. That are FACTS.

Not exactly. Facts are verifiable, irrefutable and not open to discussion. Reporting on what you did and the results is subjective evidence unless you were being monitored under controlled conditions by an objective party and confounding factors were accounted for.
One person experimenting with themselves and self-reporting the results does not a scientific study make and may or may not be fact since they are open to the interpretation of the person doing the self-reporting and dependent on how accurate that self-reporting is.

Quote:
What I wanted:
Get some discussion going on things that do work for people (mine being one of them

Watcher, there are discussions going on all over the board about what people are doing and how it is working for them. I'm a little puzzled why you would choose to seek a discussion on such things here in the War Zone instead of reading discussions already in progress unless you are looking to have a discussion about why you think low carb doesn't work. The War Zone is a designated area for anti-low carb debate not a place to compare plan results, although from what I've read of the Warrior Diet, it's not what most here would consider a low carb plan since any and all foods are allowed at your one large meal of the day.
  #36   ^
Old Sun, May-02-04, 15:22

Plan: low carb
Stats: -/-/- Male 5'10
BF:
Progress:

A number of people on another board amend the Warrior Diet to follow a low-carb style And, to some degree, the whole idea is nothing new; I think we're all acquainted with someone thats in the habit of eating no breakfast, and having a small lunch, followed by a big evening meal. Whether it works or not probably depends how the person is administering the whole plan.
  #37   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 00:07
Registered Member

Quote:
Great! But I'd like to point out that personal experiences are not scientific by any means; they are anecdotal evidence only. You also haven't outlined what you consider scientific results (which is one of the things I asked you to do above). Simply saying, "I did this and got this result" is not scientific. It's anecdotal/subjective.
&
Quote:
... Facts are verifiable, irrefutable and not open to discussion. Reporting on what you did and the results is subjective evidence unless you were being monitored under controlled conditions by an objective party and confounding factors were accounted for.
One person experimenting with themselves and self-reporting the results does not a scientific study make and may or may not be fact since they are open to the interpretation of the person doing the self-reporting and dependent on how accurate that self-reporting is.

When I measure my body weight that is a fact to me. Not to another, Ok, but still a fact. You can tell me the type of car you own, no doubt that will be a fact to yourself. Not to me according to your definition. But to get somewhere I will accept that for a fact.

I am aware of the difference between a scientific study and personal facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa N
What that seems to say to me is that a) you don't think what I (and the majority of other members on this board) am currently doing works/is working and b) you were only interested in finding others who are currently following the Warrior Diet or recruiting people to follow it and you were expressing frustration that you weren't getting the following you wanted as fast as you wanted.
&
Quote:
Watcher, there are discussions going on all over the board about what people are doing and how it is working for them. I'm a little puzzled why you would choose to seek a discussion on such things here in the War Zone instead of reading discussions already in progress unless you are looking to have a discussion about why you think low carb doesn't work. The War Zone is a designated area for anti-low carb debate not a place to compare plan results,
No place for me? I want to construct a kind of experimental lab, where what works, idea's and science get driven into one's diet-variant by means of verbal assisimilation. A sword gets functional and tempered in the fire by repeatedly hammering, heating an cooling!

Quote:
although from what I've read of the Warrior Diet, it's not what most here would consider a low carb plan since any and all foods are allowed at your one large meal of the day.
Compared to standard food my warrior diet is low carb I would say. In the post above there is also mentioning of low carb variations on the warrior diet.
  #38   ^
Old Mon, May-03-04, 00:09
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel
A number of people on another board amend the Warrior Diet to follow a low-carb style And, to some degree, the whole idea is nothing new; I think we're all acquainted with someone thats in the habit of eating no breakfast, and having a small lunch, followed by a big evening meal. Whether it works or not probably depends how the person is administering the whole
plan.

Kestrel, you would make me so happy if you could provide a link?

I indeed in earlier day took no breakfast, ate late at night a second time, so I felt like coming home on this diet...
  #39   ^
Old Fri, Jun-18-04, 18:28

Plan: warrior/metabolic diet
Stats: 185/168/150 Male 5foot6inch
BF:
Progress:

Only time will tell how the Warrior diet will work out in the long run, but I've been doing it for a month now and have seen results that are just as impressive as a low carb diet, BUT NOT AS DIFFICULT AS LOW CARB! That's right I said it, the warrior diet is easier. Everything the book says about being more alert and focused without having all the cravings is true. Originally I wasn't even going to try it because of all the negative things people have said about it on various forums. Then I thought "wait a second, people have been (and still are) disputing the effectiveness of low carb, and I KNOW that works...". So I read the book (very important) and slowly started eating my meals later and later into the day. I started at 185lbs and 29%bf....now a month later and I'm 168lbs and 22%bf. So if its not for you great....but please don't bash something you've never tried!
  #40   ^
Old Sun, Jun-20-04, 09:16
Registered Member

Plan: 6:00PM BREAKFAST
Stats: 282/234/202 Male 6 feet 5 inches
BF:24%/16%/6%
Progress: 60%

I am on a diet that is very similar to the warrior diet, except that I eat NO breakfast, NO lunch, and then dinner till I am full, and a late dinner just till I am full.

I would think that the warrior diet would be torture for me because, when I eat ANYTHING in the morning, I will almost certainly be starving before long and I will end up eating 1.8 times what I should be eating to lose weight.
  #41   ^
Old Mon, Jun-21-04, 14:48
empress of fashion

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I read the book last year and enjoyed it. I liked the way he compared this way of eating to the way Roman soldiers ate (light during the day, lots of exercise - chowing down when they made camp at night). It was all very inspiring. So I tried it. I honestly don't remember how many days I tried it (3?) - I do know I spent most of them in the restroom. Suffice to say I would have made a poor warrior on this diet.

Glad it is working for others.
  #42   ^
Old Tue, Jun-22-04, 00:45
Registered Member

Plan: 6:00PM BREAKFAST
Stats: 282/234/202 Male 6 feet 5 inches
BF:24%/16%/6%
Progress: 60%

Some major advantages of a warrior-like diet for me are :

1. Dont have to fix anything before going to work, either for breakfast, or for lunch.

2. Dont eat out at lunch time like most of my colleagues. Saves me money and prevents me from eating the junk food that most people get for lunch.

3. I eat my meals after work, when I am at home and can prepare my own meals. Again, this saves a lot of money, is efficient use of time, and allows me to eat healthier.