Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, May-22-04, 21:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 290/264/175 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress:
Default Thinking of trying the Warrior Diet

I have been doing Atkins and was thinking of trying the Warrior Diet... I heard about the diet in First magazine and thought it was interesting. Did anyone read the article?
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, May-23-04, 08:42

Plan: CAD + South Beach Diet
Stats: 230/177/160
BF:
Progress: 76%

hi, this diet is similar to cad. But with cad, you only eat one meal with carbs(the meal must last one hour maximum), and no fruits, nuts for non starchy meals.
I have been reading about the Warrior diet and i agree that it will work( i have not tried it), but cad is specifically designed to decrease cravings and hunger and control insulin secretions. I am on Cad.
  #18   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 12:57
Registered Member

Stats: 315/330/220 Male 71
BF:
Progress: -16%
Cool diet soda and pork skins

Started the Warrior Fri night. Didn't eat until around 1 pm Sat. Didn't pig out though. Had been following Cave Man diet but was not losing weight or inches but did have results( stopped acid reflux med, was taking two 800mg Ibuprofen stopped that, bp was around 140/85 now 120/75).
Is diet soda and pork skins allowed on Warrior? Is bottled Italian dressing allowed?

Thanks
Tony
  #19   ^
Old Mon, May-24-04, 14:54
Registered Member

Plan: Warrior LC
Stats: 222/201/191 Male 180 cm
BF:30%/12%/12%
Progress: 68%

I think everything is allowed, especially at night. At daytime just some proteine, fruit or vegetable. If you want to bring in some low-carb elements take the carbs mostly or only at night.
  #20   ^
Old Tue, May-25-04, 06:51
Registered Member

BF:
Cool L-tyrosine, L-glutamine

Tried to find the book ~ Books-a-Million yesterday but they were out. The word must be out on this diet?? Do you take L-tyrosine and L-glutamine?
Thanks
Tony
  #21   ^
Old Wed, May-26-04, 07:00
Registered Member

No I take no supplements, other than a multivitamine and some vitamine C in the morning.

Succes
  #22   ^
Old Mon, May-31-04, 11:53
Registered Member

Plan: 6:00PM BREAKFAST
Stats: 282/234/202 Male 6 feet 5 inches
BF:24%/16%/6%
Progress: 60%

the warrior diet sounds interesting, but from MY observations, it could be even better.

Eating small meals during the say sounds like it would be torture, because the taste of food and the short-term metabolic effects would make on feel like they are starving soon after.

My diet involves not eating AT ALL till 6:00pm, and even though they said it wont work, I lost 24 lbs in 8 weeks.

Of course, he is right that you can eat till you are full because when one goes for a long time without food, the stomach shrinks and a little food starts feeling like a lot.
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 08:08
Registered Member

BF:
Default Exercise

What kind of exercise do you do?
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Jun-01-04, 23:44
Registered Member

Plan: 6:00PM BREAKFAST
Stats: 282/234/202 Male 6 feet 5 inches
BF:24%/16%/6%
Progress: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank5863
What kind of exercise do you do?

hey tank,

If you are referring to me, I swim. Also, now that the court will be open during my off hours, I will restart racquetball (great exercise for weight loss)
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Aug-10-04, 09:56

Stats: 179/176/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 9%

This sounds very interesting and would like to try it. I am a bit concern becuase I dont understand the evening meal. How late can I eat and can you have for example..mexican food with enchiladas, rice, beans and dessert?
Also, when do you start seing weight loos. I now Atkins starts in a week even days sometimes...when can you expect some results with this one?
Thanks
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Aug-11-04, 00:27
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iojanam
This sounds very interesting and would like to try it. I am a bit concern becuase I dont understand the evening meal. How late can I eat and can you have for example..mexican food with enchiladas, rice, beans and dessert?

You eat mainly from about 18:00 to 24:00, I choose for a family dinner (normal) i.e. with little or no rice and extra vegetables, and a late 'snack' consisting of what's left over (i.e. except the rice). You you eat more of the 'clean food' in normal foods. If enchiladas consist mainly of carbs don't use those, but eat what's in them only.

Quote:
Also, when do you start seing weight loos. I now Atkins starts in a week even days sometimes...when can you expect some results with this one?
Thanks

In a couple of weeks you should lose fast at first, later on slower and slower.

Results of looking and feeling betters will told to you by others and you'll like yourself more in the mirror. Old clothes will fit again.

BEWARE: Depending on your personal bodycomposition your body will adapt to a new and healthy lifestyle. Weight is NOT important. Losing fat and building muscle IS. That will also make you look much better.

The above fits to all diets imho.

Good luck
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Aug-11-04, 01:56
Registered Member

http://www.ivillage.com/diet/featur...98517-1,00.html

Link to article on IVillage site about the Warrior Diet
  #28   ^
Old Wed, Aug-11-04, 02:32

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: 164/119/120 Female 168 cm
BF:
Progress: 102%
Post Really intresting but hard to understand

I've read one of your WD links, and found that the WD:

1. Makes it possible for you to lose bodyfat while overeating.Overeating while following other diets will make you gain fat.
My Q: What about severe insuline peaks?

2.Methodically boosts your growth hormone - the hormone of youth, and a fat burner - for hours every day. Other diets do not.
Q: Why does this diet boost your GH? What about having acromegalia?

3.Guides you to reach a balanced state - so you can naturally distinguish between healthy instincts and addictive cravings. Other diets do not.
Well, this was my first goal on Atkins.

4. Is designed around daily cycles that account for the fact that our hormonal and endocrine systems change naturally throughout every day and night.
Q: Maybe this diet can change/improve your hormonal cycles somehow?

5. Stabilizes your insulin without restricting carbohydrate intake on a daily basis.
I thought, insulin peak occurs not just after ch intake but after every larger meal you eat. I think eating smaller meals throughout the day can stabilize your insulin level. But eating just one at night? Well, I doubt I have to say...

But, of course, congratulations for your creditable weight loss, this diet has to work somehow...sorry for my doubts (and grammatical mistakes...)
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Aug-11-04, 02:39

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: 164/119/120 Female 168 cm
BF:
Progress: 102%
Post Really intresting but hard to understand

1. Makes it possible for you to lose bodyfat while overeating.Overeating while following other diets will make you gain fat.

2.Methodically boosts your growth hormone - the hormone of youth, and a fat burner - for hours every day. Other diets do not.

3.Guides you to reach a balanced state - so you can naturally distinguish between healthy instincts and addictive cravings. Other diets do not.

4. Is designed around daily cycles that account for the fact that our hormonal and endocrine systems change naturally throughout every day and night.

5. Stabilizes your insulin without restricting carbohydrate intake on a daily basis.
I thought, insulin peak occurs not just after ch intake but after every larger meal you eat. I think eating smaller meals throughout the day can stabilize your insulin level. But eating just one at night? Well, I doubt I have to say...

But, of course, congratulations for your creditable weight loss, this diet has to work somehow...sorry for my doubts (and grammatical mistakes...)
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Aug-11-04, 12:39
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clavicula

Since you eat most complex carbs in combination with protein and fat there should be no insule peaks. If insuline is a problem to you: There is a site with an insuline-simulator. I once tested my way of eating for the insuline effect: it gave a nice smooth line. You could do that with your own situation.
Quote:
This is beyond my knowledge, I guess Hofmekler refers to the cycling intermittent fasting, that should have very nice effects.
Quote:
Great, I also experience this benefit daily.
Quote:
No Idea, if this would be the case, I accept that as an extra, if not, the other benefits are enough for me!
Quote:
See my answer about the insuline-simulater, I saw this acknowledged for my way of eating. I was afraid the diet would cause diabetes and wanted to be sure. Instead of that it showed a beautiful stabilised insulin level.

I hope you understand I have not the knowledge to answer your questions from a medical perspective. I would say see a doctor about this, but then most of them still don't believe diabetes type II is mainly caused by the overamount of simple carbs in many peoples diets!