Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 01:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 378/295/159 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%
Unhappy I was publicly teased today because of my size.

Today I went to WalMart to pick up some pork skins, bacon, etc., a lot of LC things. As I was leaving the checkout counter I passed by these 2 young girls (around 21 I think) and as I passed them, one of the girls said, "Dam*, you're HUGE." I turned around and looked at them and said, "Are you talking to me?" The ugliest one replied, "Do you see any other fat a**es around right now, I can see why your so fat from all that fattening food you just bought, you better go have your cholesterol checked." I got right in her face and said, "For your information, I have lost over 60 pounds in 2 months from all this fattening food and my cholesterol is probably lower than yours and I may be fat right now but I am beautiful on the inside AND the outside and the only thing that keeps me from punching you in your face right now is the satisfaction of knowing that by this time next year, I will be thin, healthy and beautiful, and you will still be skinny and BUTT UGLY, wishing you could look as good as me!"

I turned around and walked out to my car and sat in the drivers seat and cried my eyes out for a few minutes, then it dawned on me that I was wasting my tears over two losers. I could care less what they say or think about me. But, 10 years ago, I would have went to jail because I would have destroyed those little hoochies.

I wanted to hit them but I figured jail would not have many low carb choices on the menu, so in the name of "sticking with the plan" I didn't.
Just thought I would share the moronic statements of 2 idiots that I almost let ruin my day with all of you.

Last edited by meltinaway : Sun, Mar-14-04 at 01:49.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 03:52

Plan: Atkins > SBD from 27Sep04
Stats: 291/279/190 Female 5ft 9
BF:
Progress: 12%

Awwww hun, I'm so sorry that happened to you. It really sucks when people are soooooooooo cruel. I have been at the end of these kinds of taunts as well. I remember once, when crossing the road with a date, a car drove past and all the boys in it yelled out "hippo" and other names... it was humiliating enought alone, but on a first date, I wanted to die.

I have learned over the years to not take these things on board enough to get into a slanging match. I have, when the opportunity presented it, got up real close to them, and said in a calm and controlled quiet voice... "one day, when you have matured, I hope that you look back on this moment, and remember what a sad human you were, you must be very unhappy in your life to think this behaviour is enjoyable in same way to you, I hope your life gets better." I can tell from the looks on their faces, its not the response they are expecting.

Consider yourself hugged.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 04:56

Stats: 240/175/120 Female 165
BF:
Progress: 54%

you poor poor thing.

It stings and hurts so much, i know.

Similar things happened to me and the pain is fresh. its stuns a person that people can be so hurtful and cruel towards another person.

once in work there was a picture of a veyr very large person in the paper - the article was about obesity problems here - and a fellow worker said - "this is all about you!" in front of everyone. and they all thought it very funny.

as you can imagine - the pain hurt! i went to the bathroom and cried and cried and cried... i stayed there until time to go home and waited until everyone had left to get my things.

I felt less than human. a figure of laughter and fun.

I felt like leaving work! but the next day i went in and the person apologised for the comment. but it still hurt.

I have lost weight - but because of this and other comments - in my mind i am less of a person - a sub person...

I hope when i reach goal these feelings will go.

Forget these stupid people and comments and use them as a weapon against cheating!

Good Luck.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 05:20

Stats: 378/295/159 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

People can be so cruel and they use others weak points to make themselves look better. I would have still been crying if this had happened to me before I changed my life with this WOL but now I can look adversity in the face and defy it! I am a beautiful person on the inside and the outside, regardless of how much I weigh. Size does not define a persons worth, we are all human and nobody deserves to be made fun of for any reason. I not only want to be treated as a human and with respect but I now demand that I be treated as such. I refuse to let anyone belittle me because of my weight or any other "flaw" they may think I have. I used to run and hide and stay away from crouds for fear of being humiliated but I dare anyone to do it now. Before I could fully commit myself to this WOL, I had to do some serious soul searching and learn to love myself. I never succeeded at anything in the past because I did not think I deserved it. Now, I know I do deserve it and I am in control of my life and my destiny from now on. I will never let anyone make me feel inadequate as a human being. They will either accept me for who I am or I will not have anything to do with them.

I think we have all been through the teasing and taunting at some point in our lives. If not by direct insult, by indirect insult, (making jokes and inappropriate comments.) Physical pain will go away but mental and emotional pain takes much longer to heal. We must stay strong and know that no matter what we look like on the outside, the person inside is who makes us the beautiful people that we are. My grandmother always told me, "Pretty is, is pretty does."
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 05:36
roll on the weekend!

Plan: atkins diet
Stats: 208/174/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Good for you honey - I am really proud of what you said. I would never of had the guts to say something and would have just gine straight to the car to sob!! Good for you!

You look great and you should be soooooo proud of your progress. There are some people in life who will take pleasure out making other people feel small but at the end of the day, we all know who is the better person and they probabuly do as well and thats why they feel like they have to be little us.

Over the past few years that I have been putting weight on, there have been various people who have made hurtful comments and I have beat myself up about it but I know now why they do it. Its just because they have nothing better to do with their time. Dont even waste your energy thinking about them.

Chin up girl - Life is good.

Vic xx
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 06:36
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 270/215/150 Female 5'4
BF:not sure
Progress: 46%

You know, chances are those girls are totally insecure with their own bodies, minds, etc..let's face it, at that age they are only just figuring out who they are - they are children. What they siad was rotten and horrible, but you did so well standing up to them -you probably helped them in the long run becuase they will have thought about what you told them - even if it is later on in life!!

You know my younger sister went through similar stuff -she was the \perfect size 2, and mean little tormenter, always teasing those who were fat etc...NOW, she has an 9 year old duaghter who is chubby, and it is all coming back to haunt her,becuase my niece is teased in school a lot, and she is hearing the same words that she once called people!

Life always comes back to bite you in the ass, and those girls will get their just desserts (on their hips - but you are an amazing woman, I must say - I dont' know if I could have had the strength, I probably would have just cried and left in horror.

I hope I can be a lot more like you!!
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 06:46

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

It's a sign of grace and maturity that you were able to respond to them the way you did. You should be very proud of yourself. You are so right that we can't let people get away with saying these things. I'm so glad you stood up for yourself....without going to jail.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 06:53

Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

That is just horrible. I feel sorry for the parents who raised two insensitive brats. But you know, they took on the bad karma not you. The Universe has its ways of dealing with these things. Time will see to that.

Congratulations for standing up for yourself! But yeah I hear that jailhouse food is terrible and very carby! LOL

As your weight continues to drop you will get less and less of that sort of thing. But you will always know in your heart how it felt and how it feels to others. You will have that positive energy and tolerance for people with differences that is a rare gift in this world!

Take Care
Orchid
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 07:25
Fitday PC's #1 Fan

Plan: Maintenance
Stats: 310/151.0/152.5 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 101%

Those two girls are a pair of losers.

Think about it. They're young adults, and their level of maturity is so advanced that they actually believe it is appropriate to belittle strangers, express their narrow minded opinions regardless of others feelings, make simplistic judgements based on a person's size and grocery cart, and act in an aggressive manner toward others.

They may have (for the moment) hurt your feelings considerably, but think of what tomorrow holds for those two with what you know about them. Do you think they have decent jobs with that level of maturity? If they have a job at all, do you think that they are going to hold it for long with the behavior they demonstrate? Can you imagine how they interact in their personal relationships (they've probably had at least one scrap in their friendship since they picked on you, a boyfriend fight, and an argument with family judging from their high quality relationship skills.) By the time they go to bed tonight, they'll have probably forgotten about you, and accumulated a whole bunch of their own person hurt brought on by their own lousy behaviors and attitudes.

Large people do have lousy moments in their lives due to the acts of some lousy people. But take satisfaction in the fact that lousy people earn and recieve lousy lives. There is NO WAY that a pair of 21 year olds with that kind of behavior are headed anywhere else but toward a few really tough years of learning just how well in life they can do with bad behavior, misplaced self importance, and toxic attitudes.

If you let thinking about those two affect another 5 minutes of your life, make sure that you keep in mind that while they made you feel low, they're rapidly on their way to lows that will hurt even more than the sting you took today. I know yours still stings, but I can see that you are confronting it and healing it and it is passing. You obviously know who you are and that their words were incorrect, stupid, and inappropriate. Those two are still on their way to some hard learning before they ever get to that level of self knowledge.

By the way - 60 lbs? Wow. You are getting really close to the 2's. That's really cool. Be sure to spend some time thinking about that today, too.

Lynda
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 08:10

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%

It's amazing how insecure people lash at at others to make themselves feel better.

I was picked on pretty badly when I was younger, but all of the teasing made me drive harder during my program ... and made my fitness success that much sweeter.

Just wait until you hit goal ... Watching the faces register their surprise when they realize Holy ****, it IS her!" is the BEST revenge.

BTW, 60 lbs! Way to go.

Take care,
TD
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 09:06

Plan: Curves
Stats: 315/286/150 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

You know, there will always be creeps in the world no matter what your size. I think you should know that I read your posts and your success and attitude are an inspiration to me. Instead of focusing on these painful little ****s, think about how many people you have inspired on this board. The hardest thing for me about being obese it feeling as if I have to apologize for existing. You let them know that you are worthwhile and I admire that!
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 09:48
MySpaceBarSticks.

Plan: atkins
Stats: 21/20/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: -1%

eh, hootchies was right! they are about 21 now, just keep in mind that as they get older they will probably get fat. Orchid was right. the bad karma will come back and kick them in the butt. you know the old saying "i may be fat, but you're ugly , i can lose weight..what can you do" I'm glad you stood up 4 yourself, you have done really great losing let the ignorant people think what they want.. We all know the truth!!
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 09:54

Plan: IF & Paleo
Stats: 270/254/150 Female 68 inches
BF:--- too much!
Progress: 13%

What the he!! is wrong with people?!

I am so glad you responded the way you did, and I am doubly glad I was not there with you because it could have gotten physical.

Congrats on the 60 pounds, hon! You are doing great!
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 10:54

Stats: 221/221/190 Female 5'7"
BF:49.5%/48.5%/25%
Progress: 0%

I'm impressed that you were able to say anything at all, let alone so eloquently! I think I would have been absolutely speechless when I heard something so assinine actually come out of someone's mouth! Then I would've spent the rest of my life thinking of things I should have said!

Let their behavior make your success that much more satisfying!
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Mar-14-04, 11:16

Plan: Atkins/induction
Stats: 329/293.5/200 Female 5 feet 2.5inches
BF:
Progress: 28%

It is sad we live in a society where hurting others is fun. We see it everyday on TV scarcastic remarks are deemed funny making it seem acceptable. These young women are a product of an enviorment We have allowed to develop. Thank you for standing up to them and not allowing them to get away with it. Someday they hopefuly will be sorry even if you never hear the words.