Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-04, 14:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/224/175 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 66%

I thought this article was written to be amusing... and for the most part it was for me (didn't care for the part about his death).

What bothers me about it is that IF this person is read by a lot of people--and I have no idea if she is because I have never heard of her--then articles like this just serve to further promote the idea that Atkins is all meat meat meat. That Atkins is "a fad" or "a trend". Come'on people--this way of living has been around for 30 years! How long does it have to be around to stop being thought of in that light?

Ahhh well... they say any publicity is good publicity, but I don't buy that. We need more positive articles and they can be funny as well!

Just my thoughts

~Debbie~LoveSong~
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-04, 13:36
Out of service...

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/205.5/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle2003
I think we have all been so conditioned to thoughtless, sometimes vicious attacks on this WOE for so long that we bristle at the slightest thing said about it.

I agree with this, I know I'm pretty sensitive to comments that I perceive as critical... particularly from someone who doesn't know the first thing about eating low carb.
I didn't think this was funny at all... can you say 'bandwagon'? She might not want to be quoted, but I bet she's gotten some emails from low carbers who are angry about her lack of information. I think Kristine hit it right on the head... slow news day combines with slacker reporter....

Jenn