Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Fri, Feb-20-04, 17:05

Plan: Cyclic Ketogenic Diet (Ti
Stats: 212/149/140 Male 5'7
BF:
Progress: 88%

i'll try to make it not too sure about it since i'm not sure whether i'm going for either lunch or dinner on that day
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Fri, Feb-20-04, 21:22
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 301/230/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default I'm back!!!

Hi everyone - I have been gone for a while. (My computer has been properly de-wormed!!!) I'm glad to see that the next outing has been planned!! I'm in. Itty (Mary), if you want to meet somewhere and go together that would be great.

See everyone on the 29th!!

Michele
  #93   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-04, 00:03

Plan: sommersize
Stats: 146/146/133 Female 5
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Everyone

I just found this thread and was excited to learn that there might be a kind of support group in Toronto area.
I cannot make it on the 29th I don't think- but is there going to be a kind of "regularity" to this group? or a constant time?
I think the support could be great, I'm fairly new to this...and think hearing how others have done would be great.
Also, the computer site is great.
  #94   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-04, 19:27

Stats: 169/132/132 Female 153 cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hey all! Welcome rosewater!

I am not sure about a regular time, per se, only because different people can make it at different times, so to be fair, we are mixin' it up a bit!

I think we'll stick to weekends, that is, Friday, Saturday or Sunday. We can meet anywhere in the city that is accessible by transit, and there should be some morsel of parking somewhere for rice_boi!

I would like to meet every month or every three weeks or so. Hopefully everyone who can come will try to make it out!

Michele, good to see you've .... I mean, your computer's been de-wormed!

We will definitely meet up. We'll make plans next week sometime, in case there's others who might also want to tag along (on transit, that is!)

Mary
  #95   ^
Old Mon, Feb-23-04, 08:46
Registered Member

Stats: 220/158/155 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:

I will be coming from the start of the subway line at Kipling. Where will everyone meet up at?
  #96   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 09:59

BF:

Hi

Well, what about meeting at Bloor/Yonge station? I think meeting near the lottery terminal gives us a good spot to stop, since it is easy to find and far enough away from the chocolate bars at the consession stand! I am thinking of the platform going Southbound (coming from Rosedale), that sits at the North end of the platform near the stairs from the east-west line.

How's that for Michele and Percy, and anyone esle who would like to come and meet up on the TTC? It is best to tell us if you would like to meet, so we know how many to watch out for!

Does 10:45 sound okay? I will be there at 10:45 am Sunday, and we can leave at 10:50, just to allow anyone who wants to come to make it on time...!

M
  #97   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 10:21

BF:

Hi again

I think it would probably be easiest to continue on the subway (after we meet up at Bloor/yonge) to Coxwell station and take the 22 to scarb rd and kingston rd.

I look forward to meeting everyone (and seeing Michele again!)!

Vikki, Michele-67, Itty, percy...

Anyone else like to eat?????

Vikki, are you hungry yet?

Oh yeah, my friend won't be joining us. SHe is a teacher who has report cards coming up!...

Mary
  #98   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 06:58

BF:

Vikki, I meant to ask...

Have you made a reservation for Atkins? Or shall we do it when we get there? Shall I do it?

M
  #99   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-04, 07:43

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2

Hi Mary - can you make the reservation, I'm swamped today. thanks.

Vikki
  #100   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-04, 10:01

Stats: 240/205/160 Male 5'8"
BF:Scared to find out
Progress: 44%

Hi, I am in Hamilton and I would like to make it tomorrow to met up with you folks. Could someone please confirm the place, time and the name under which the reservation will be made?

I shall be driving up there. I shall read the previous messages to see if there has been any discussion on parking (preferably free), but if someone has any idea I shall be grateful if they will post them here again

Thanks and cheers
  #101   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-04, 10:03

Stats: 240/205/160 Male 5'8"
BF:Scared to find out
Progress: 44%

Ah, I was too quick off the gun! OK, I know the venue is Feathers, a brit pub, with football on the TV, I know it is in The Beaches, I shall find it, I only now need to know the time and praking facilities. Maybe I shall find that too when I read more *grin*

Cheers
  #102   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-04, 17:24

BF:

Hey tilt!

We are meeting at Feathers at about 11:30 am. I think I will just leave the Atkins name with the waitstaff at the front. The closest intersection is Scarborough road and Kingston road. Keep a map out, don't lose hope driving, and remember, it's a beautiful day!!!!

I will see percy and Michele at the lottery booth, heading southbound, on the bloor station platform, at about 10:45. ANyone else who gets hungry but who hasn't replied yet is welcome to join us, too.

I still haven't decided what to eat, so many choices!

MMMMMMMMmmmmm.... Mary
  #103   ^
Old Sat, Feb-28-04, 18:49
Registered Member

Stats: 301/230/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone!!

Mary and percy - I'll see you at Bloor Station.
  #104   ^
Old Sun, Feb-29-04, 17:16

BF:

It was so nice to see everyone!

I loved that "Scotch egg" -- yum!

Great to see you again Michele! I can't wait to try those cheese chips-- I've got my sour cream ready!

Nice to meet Mr. and Mrs. "tilt" too! Good luck in deciding which diet to choose...

I look forward to meeting again at the end of March sometime, maybe in the west end? We have to get that icklemiss out with us! And rice_boi, you're out that way too, right? Hope you will come then, too.

We think that starting a new thread will be the most appropriate thing to do... it will be titled something like "get-together in Toronto, March ...." Let's make some choices soon for a date.

See everyone soon
Mary (itty)
  #105   ^
Old Mon, Mar-01-04, 07:42

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2

Hi all - did everyone to Feather's yesterday - I couldn't make it (obviously) - my mom took quite ill and I had to look after her. Hopefully I can make the next get together.

Vikki