Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 17:11
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/148/140 Female 173.7cm
BF:
Progress: 77%
Talking

Well done , i'm going cinema tomorrow lol i usually have sweet popcorn and a large coke......but will stick to a big diet coke.
Yes you will find that u don't really crave the things your not allowed it's strange my hubby ate chips tonight infront of me and i didn't even pinch 1 lol
Good luck in your weigh in !! I think my weight loss has slowed down now / maybe even stopped lol will keep an eye on it ( may have to leave out the diet coke ooooooh no)
I did try to PM you but not sure if u can on this board? Anyway best of luck again <~ i love this lil fella
Tracey xx
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 17:28
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 170/162/136 Female 5 ft 6 '
BF:
Progress: 24%

Hi Tracey
Don't think you're allowed pm for the first few weeks on this site..at least thats what I think. i' not the most computer literate person ever..so i might just be doing it wrong. I read the atkins book cover to cover..(swot)...but I think this site is really good cause its real people...You was saying you resisted nicking some chips off your patners plate..I expect the fella from the local chip shop to call around and ask me if I'm sick...I used to be a very good customer!
kitty
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 08:07
Registered Member

BF:

devon gal
How're you getting on...nearly a week done. I think my trousers are way looser..its as if fat is disappearing off my tummy..
Haven't weighted myself yet but I feel much healthier. cravings haven't magically disappeared..I still look in the cake shop window but I haven't given in ...so the 'i have to have that cake or i will die' urge is gone.
kitty
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Jan-22-04, 09:45
Registered Member

BF:
Talking

Hiya Kitty, i haven't weighed myself this week so far but i still feel like i'm losing weight my jeans now need a belt, my bra's are smaller and i just feel so good.
There's a programme on at 9pm thursday night (tonight) on bbc2 about the atkins diet i'm going to watch.
I don't even think about what i can or can't have for dinner i just go get some salad and veg , and maybe do some cod tuna or something then for snacks have Matterson Smoked Sausage which are great and don't need prep before eating. Not sure if i'm allowed pepperami's i read somewhere that someone had been eating those. I'm about 3 weeks in and it's my birthday on the 30th january so i will weigh myself that day and just smile from ear to ear lol
My sister has noticed my weight loss and so has my hubby, so it must be true
Hope your doing ok , i'm staying on induction as i haven't found it that hard , but when i get bored of the foods i will no doubt just start adding a few carbs in and go the next level.
Anyway Bye For now hope your staying strong and let me know how u go with weighing ins, etc
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 19:02
Registered Member

BF:

Well Just had a weigh in and i'm another 3lbs down ,the weight loss is definatly slowing down now but i don't mind i already feel so much better i'm still on induction (week3) not sure how long i will keep that up for before going to the next stage. But thanks for all your help and support during the first part of my induction i will keep you all posted
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Jan-25-04, 05:01
Registered Member

BF:

Hi devongal
Well i lost 5 lbs...yeah. I'm really thrilled. This coming week I'm really going to try and cut out the caffine. I just brought decaf coffee.. I must admitt I had 3 glasses of red wine on Friday night as one of my friends got engaged..but I think you have to go on living!! Anyway I see you have nearly reached your 50% of your goal mark.. You must be so happy..has everyone complemented the new you..or has anyone noticed?
kitty
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 11:40
Registered Member

BF:
Default hIYA

Well a few have noticed (my hubby and sister and bro) And ME!! my jeans are loose etc. But i've been unwell this weekend and really couldn't face any of the low carb foods.. All i am use to when ill is Soup,Toast or Cereals And i admit i had a bowl of cereals (no sugar on them) and a bowl of chicken soup. But i weighed myself this morning and i'm another 1lb down. I'm sticking to the diet coke as i don't think it's slowed my weight lose but i do drink decaf coffee, with cream and sweetened with Splenda.
Hope your doing well and i agree the 3 glasses of wine You do have to live!! / but you may well regret it after lol Good luck and keep me posted
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-04, 00:05
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Devon gal..
Well another week down...I kinda fell off the the diet for 2 days..well one day..the second day was a 'what the heck' day..so I had to restart induction. Must say its really hard to start back after falling out of the diet. Hows your week been? The bad weather meant work was quite which was nice. I did lose 2 lbs this week so I'm still happy.
kitty
  #24   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-04, 07:31
Registered Member

BF:
Angry

Well it was my birthday on friday , and we went to the cinema (had some popcorn) it's so hard because what can u snack on that's nice on this diet!! no popcorn, no crisps , no sweets , nothing so i gave in for a little bit of popcorn i dont' even eat crisps etc b4 the diet.
They say if your doing it right you won't crave anything but i've stayed 100% on the rules and i still wish i could munch the naughty things i'm no longer allowed. i've not really craved sugar in my coffee til the other day ( i've just had glandular fever) and really wanted a strong sweet cup of tea.
Also what are we supposed to have when ill? all i eat when poorly is toast,cereals and soup lol so i just had a little chicken soup.
Beginning to suffer abit now , but still sticking with it glad that you have lost more weight Kitty , i am not going to weigh myself til next week now lol
Anyway there's my Vent over , hope your all doing well
  #25   ^
Old Sat, Jan-31-04, 15:57
Modified :)

Stats: 242/223/175 Male 170cm
BF:
Progress: 28%

You can snack on pork scratchings, nuts (if out of induction), pepperami (and similar meat products), babybell (and other cheeses), and worst case snack bars like Atkins Advantage bars etc.
  #26   ^
Old Sun, Feb-01-04, 03:14

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%

Hi DevonGal

As Doogie has said there are several things you can snack on. At the cinema then nuts and pork scratchings are great. If you look in the shops you can buy sugar free sweets. Thornton's, Holland and Barrett, Sweet Factory, Boots, etc. Some may be labelled up for diabetics.

What to eat when you are ill. You can make scrambled egg. There is nothing wrong with chicken soup, but you should make it yourself with chicken meat and bones and stock rather than out of the tin when it has added thickeners. You often need slightly more carbs when you are ill, so having a few more will not hurt. This does not mean reverting to old habits though.
  #27   ^
Old Sun, Feb-01-04, 09:58
Registered Member

BF:
Default hiya

Thanks for that, I'm past induction now but stayed as close to the 20 a day as i can. While poorly i didn't feel like eggs,bacon or cheese so i had chicken soup it wasn't very high in carbs and helped get my energy levels back up.
I may have slipped over a little bit but not so much that i've put on weight and i'm now feeling well again and back to the 20 carbs
I love pork scratchings so will be sure to pick some of those up, i did try the chocolate covered Atkins bar but i didn't think it tasted very nice for £1.69 lol
Anyway thanks for your help again , it helps keep me on the straight n narrow
  #28   ^
Old Sun, Feb-08-04, 13:14
Registered Member

BF:

Hi devongal
How're you getting on??
kitty