Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 10:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 148/136/122 Female 61 1/2"
BF:?/32%/
Progress: 46%

I feel lighter today...I am not weighing in till next Tuesday (1 week).

Tomorrow night I am going to a candle party at 7 pm. so I have to "just say NO" to any snacks they may serve

If nothing else it feels better eating this way when I wake up in the morning..

Another thing if your normal "LC snack" was around 200 calories ....not having it will be 1400 calories less a week (Almost 1/2 pound of fat per week lost.)

Happy Wednesday !
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 10:24

Stats: 223/215/145 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default Secret...

Wow. Thanks for the tip! I will try it and let you know if it works for me. I have also been on induction for two weeks with little success. 2-3 lbs and then hit the menstral cycle and halted. So maybe next week will be better.

I have done Protien Power in the past and never lost more than 10-15 lbs over a 6 month time. Then I just used low carb as a way not to gain weight. Determined to stick to the Atkins plan and how it works better for me. Trying not to get discouraged...
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 10:30

Plan: gen. low carb/Atkins
Stats: 137/110/112 Female 5ft 3in
BF:
Progress: 108%

Because our dinner time can vary anywhere from 6-9 pm, my rule has always been not to eat anything after dinner is over, whatever time that might be. I think this rule has helped me immeasurably. It worked so well that I took it into Maintenance with me. Evening snacks are more often extra carbs (calories), rather than a planned part of your daily carb intake. If I get hungry during the evening, I have a glass of water.
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 10:30
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

I'm sticking to the "nothing past 8" just to allow a bit of wiggle room... I never know when we'll get supper! It's usually at about 6 o'clock, but sometimes as late as 7, so I guess for me, it's actually "Nothing after supper"!!
  #35   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 10:33

Plan: My own lactovegetarian
Stats: 130/110/112 Female 63 inches
BF:24.5%
Progress: 111%

This sounds like a great idea. I work at night however, 8pm to 8am. I wonder if I would get the same effect. I know on nights I am not working I seem to be lighter in the morning, when I have slept all night. And I have given up eating all night at work. I just take a small snack or only water to have during my shift. Everybody's schedule is different, but this should work. Thanks for sharing this great idea.
  #36   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 12:18
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 260/188/200 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Thanks for the suggestion! I really needed to hear that, as I'm horrible for late-night snacking. I know I'm not hungry, but somehow I always seem to be able to justify the occasional nibble of food every hour or so after dinner. Hearing other's success has given me some motivation to crack down on myself. Thanks!

Cheers,
-Drew
  #37   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 12:47

Plan: Yudkin
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:
Progress: 100%

I lost 35 lbs - relatively easily, and has been maintaining my weight for 4 months - with never eating anything after 7 PM. (I really mean never - not when I visit some social event, never going to restaurant after 6 - so I can finsih my meal before 7 PM.)
Because in the same time I started a pre-breakfast empty stomach cardio program I do not know which one helped, but I am very pleased by the result. Because these two changes broke a two year stall/slowing metablism - I stick with these:-))

I think the secret is less in the timing than in cutting back an unnecessary late evening/night snack. Most of us not really hungry after dinner, but simply accustomed to eat meanwhile watching tv, reading etc.
carol.pinos calculation is excellent:-)

Last edited by Galadriell : Wed, Jan-14-04 at 18:54.
  #38   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 13:22

Stats: 201/165.8/145 Female 5'9 inches
BF:
Progress: 63%

I like this challenge and I'm going to try it starting today. After 6 is usually when I do the most snacking and become tempted by treats.

Great thread, i'll check in with results
  #39   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 14:01

Stats: 299/249/165 Female 71"
BF:fat, what fat? LOL
Progress: 37%

this may work...but I'm wondering if many of us never get enough water and maybe becasue we sub water for food we are shedding the excess water for a while...and the rest is less caloric intake.
  #40   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 14:09

Plan: Atkins/Duodenal Switch
Stats: 344/165/148 Female 65"  (inches) 5'5"
BF:falllingfast
Progress: 91%

I aim for not eating 3-4 hours before bed...it really is not just coincidence but I wouldnt expect to lose a pound every day! lol
  #41   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-04, 11:59

Stats: 213/170/155 Male 6'
BF:26%/17%/8%
Progress: 74%

Seriously, this is ridiculous. It DOES NOT WORK! It may cause you to eat less, but that's it. Every night I eat dinner at 10:30 and go to bed at 11, and I've lost 40 pounds!
  #42   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-04, 12:15

Stats: 148/136/122 Female 61 1/2"
BF:?/32%/
Progress: 46%

Even if it is only that some of us are skipping that late night snack....why is it ridicules...

I for one feel better sleeping on an empty stomache than a full one..

I'm going to continue doing this ....No Harm Done.

Serious....WE ALL ARE DEFINATELY NOT GOING TO "GAIN WEIGHT" DOING THIS
  #43   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-04, 12:19

Stats: 213/170/155 Male 6'
BF:26%/17%/8%
Progress: 74%

I know. It just bothers me that people think there's actually a scientific reason that not eating at night will help you lose weight. I see no reason for someone to change their habits, is what I'm saying, as it will do nothing.
  #44   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-04, 12:20

Plan: Atkins/Counting Calories
Stats: 173/165/145 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 29%

I agree that it is the fact that you are not eating those extra calories.

I know that I don't sleep well on a full stomach. As a general rule I don't eat after dinner because I don't need it. I'm just eating a snack out of habit. We eat late so it usually isnt a problem to not snack.

Wee
  #45   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-04, 12:24

Stats: 205/?/160 Female 66 inches
BF:Who knows?!
Progress: 53%

I have to say that that was once recommended on an Oprah show (not that I watch often)... and I was impressed with how it works for me. She said "nothing, not even a GRAPE after 7pm".. I tried it, and when I do, I either stay the same (NO GAIN, YAY!) or lose. I have not been doing it for a while, so thank you for reminding me. I think I'll get back to it tonight. I have to make mine 7 since DH doesn't come home till 6-ish, so we never eat before 6:30. But then that'll be it save water.

Woohoo, a new challenge! Who's makin' the graphic? grin!!! Maybe this should move over to the challenges page? I'd like to try it for a month, because for us women, a week might not be telling enough. (haha, excuses excuses, right? LOL!)

Blessings!