Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Aug-15-03, 14:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 152/136/119 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 48%

Honestly guys it was nothing, as soon as i mentioned Atkins they were keen to know more. I just answered their questions

I was surfing the forum the other night and came across a post about Atkins products from a couple of years ago, the thread starter stated that Atkins had emailed them saying their products will be available early 2003 in the UK. Obviously this didn't happen and i'm now wondering if the newspaper article stating they would be available next year is just a pipe dream too.

I get so jealous of the US with all their low carb products, they even have LC tortilla chips and dip!!!!! I know a lot of these are yuck, but i would at least like the chance to try them for myself!

I have also been reading how the major food companies (Mc D, Cadburys, kellogs etc etc) fund the British Nutrition Foundation. Now this would answer why we do not have LC products here as these companies obviously (especially together) pull a pretty strong punch. Are supermarkets really that blind they cannot see the goldmine in front of them. Or have these companies threatened not to sell them their products if they sell LC? Using the pretence that Atkins is bad for us?

It is strange how Vanilla coke found it's way to our shelves in a matter of months, while years later still no Atkins or Stevia.

Here;s the link to the British Nutrition Foundation members
http://www.nutrition.org.uk/bnf/membercompanies.htm

Afraid to say Sainsbury's is one of them, and guess what BOOTS is too!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-03, 03:08
Yo-Yo

Plan: Lighter Life
Stats: 284/234/167 Female 5 foot 10 inchs
BF:yes very!!!
Progress: 43%

I still think and may take it up with asda that there could be a way forward with them. Asda are part of the Wallmart family and I cant see why they cant sell what Wallmart do!!
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-03, 05:24

Stats: 168/160/126 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 19%

I totally agree Lynda!

I think I'm gonna email Asda myself, see what they say....Although, this is UK....We're always last to get anything! They'll probably only allow supermarkets to sell LC stuff after they've done 10yr tests on the diet to make sure it's safe!....grumble, grumble, grumble...
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-03, 05:32

Plan: atkins/bernstein
Stats: 105/105/105 Female 63ins
BF:
Progress:

i think emailing asda is a good idea.maybe we should all em them every week till they take notice.surely they can,t ignore us forever.
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-03, 06:17
Yo-Yo

great idea Christine do you have an e-mail address for our local asda and I will get right to it!!!
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-03, 06:33

Stats: 152/136/119 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 48%

We have to try everything, email everybody, climb to the roof of our houses and scream WE WANT LOW CARB FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I notice that Asda is also a member of the British Nutrition Foundation
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-03, 06:40
Yo-Yo

we will fight them on the beeches!!
Or just the supermarket isles for now!!