Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#151   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 18:52
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/156/145 Female 5"9"
BF:
Progress:
Default Newbie Here

Hey fellow sisters in the Lord. How fun to have found this thread.
Been on Atkins almost a month. I lost five pounds on my own, which was probably water weight, before starting Atkins. Right now I'm holding ... holding ... and still holding at 156.
I'll be 51 the end of this month, I've been married over 20 years and we have an 11 yr. old son. He was our gift from God. I had him just before my 40th birthday.
I've enjoyed reading all the posts and will try to keep up with your names, etc. Add me to your prayers as we are in a very difficult financial place right now.
What a great place of encouragement.
Blessings to you all,
Your sis in Him,
Sheryl
Sponsored Links
  #152   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 19:06

Stats: 229/229/180 Female 73"
BF:Mostly
Progress: 0%

Hi Sheryl, welcome to our small but growing larger (in numbers )
group. I truly understand what you mean when you say your child was a gift from God. We went through a whole lot of trials before our son was born, and at times despaired of ever being able to have one of our own.
Fast forward 24 years, he's getting married on the 14th of this month to a wonderful Christian girl who is a blessing to us all.

I'm working the next four nights in Portland, so won't be around much, by the time I get home it's time to go to sleep. Hope everyone's week is wonderful, and the weather just what you want~

God's blessings on everyone, Deb
  #153   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 20:57

Plan: low carb
Stats: 174/110/110 Female 5' 1"
BF:20.8
Progress: 100%

LOL, you are as bad as I am. I got up this morning and my scale read 137. So I just went back to bed for about an hr. Got back up and I weighed again and it said 135. So I moved it on the floor and it still read 135. So I looked down on the scale, and said outloud...I am keeping this number. I was thinking maybe I need a new battery. I am scared to weigh again in the AM.
  #154   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-03, 21:08

Welcome Sherly, I have a gift from God too when I was 40. I miscarried in 79 and God promised me one more child. I believed him, but when I found out I was surprised. My last one before her was 14 yrs old.
  #155   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 08:45

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 282/276/170 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 5%

HI Everyone and welcome Sheryl.

Shalizbet: The Zone sounds quite interesting. I love Atkins, but have always had a deep down problem with not eating fruits. Is there some place I can go to check into the Zone without buying a book. It's not in my budget right now.

By the way, I just noticed that you are from the Finger Lakes area. My DH grew up in Lima, which is 30 minutes from Rochester. It's such a beautiful place. I'll never forget visiting one year and then camping in the Adirondaks - WOW!
  #156   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 10:30
Registered Member

Stats: 187.5/179.5/135 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hi Sheryl -

You will be in my prayers today regarding finances. Rest in the Lord today and know that He knows what you need even before you ask it.

Psalm 68:19 - Blessed be the Lord, who daily loads us with benefits

Blessings on you and your family! (and welcome to our thread)
  #157   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 10:46
Contributing Member

Plan: Zone
Stats: 150/142/136 Female 5' 5.5"
BF:30%/26%/23%
Progress: 57%

Wow! The weekend's over and everyone's back on! Welcome Sheryl; I, too will be sending up prayer for you.

Fit and Trim: maybe I'll have to try that going back to bed thing! I like your number; that's just about the one I'm going for----though I'm beginning to despair of ever seeing it. Getting lots of advice from the Zonecoach and tweaking my program accordingly.

RandiSue: Yes, we've done some traveling including a 25 day trip out west and back and have seen few places outside the Rockies to equal the Finger Lakes for beauty. And here our summer lasts more than 6 weeks! At least we don't get snow in late August the way they do in Yellowstone. (Or so someone told me. ) Oh, dear, my smile face looks like double chins when I combine it with end paretheses! Have to avoid that in future!

Fiona: what an exciting time for you with a wedding this month! Miracles upon miracles. I'll be most blessed when the Lord links my two sons (21 and 19) with lovely Christian women for lifemates. We'll look for you in a few days.

Blessings to all!
  #158   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 17:25
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:
Default Thanks

Well, thank you Fiona, Fit&Trim, Randisue, Cleanheart and Shalizbut for your warm welcome and prayers.

OK Girls, I need a little advice. I CANNOT budge from my current weight. I've been using Fitday. I've been eating more fat than protein but staying within the acceptable Induction carbs. I even ate an extra pork chop for dinner to see if it might help. I'm pretty bloated today but hormones are rollercoastering alot lately. (I'm not on HRT) I've been drinking more water than I ususally do. I have been staying away from the heavy cream because I know it can mount up in carbs. My calories are under 1300. One day my calories were under 1000 and it was the first time that the Keto Stix turned purple. Anyway, if there's any secret to tipping the scales in my favor let me in on it.
Thanks!!!!
Sheryl
  #159   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 18:50

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 282/276/170 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 5%

Sheryl,

This may be a good question for the main board. Seems to me that you need to keep the calories up, mostly from fat. If you don't have enough fat, you will not lose. Quit looking at calories, this is NOT a calorie-limited WOE. Eat, eat,eat.
  #160   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 19:27
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:
Default Calories

Thanks Randi Sue. I will post to the general forum. I am eating lotsa fat. I'm wondering if I should balance it out with more protein?
I do love to eat ... so your advice is lovely!!
Sheryl
  #161   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 20:17
Contributing Member

Plan: Zone
Stats: 150/142/136 Female 5' 5.5"
BF:30%/26%/23%
Progress: 57%

Hi Sheryl, Boy can I empathize! We're in the same situation; trying to lose that last ten pounds. From everything I've read on this forum the only real solution is time. Having the patience and perseverence to wait (weight?) it out is the trick. Although everyone has some different suggestion----and I'm not saying that some of them won't work--I sometimes wonder if a lot of these aren't things to do while we let our bodies adjust and "decide" to let go of the next set of pounds. These last pounds go extremely slowly, especially for long-damaged metabolisms and people over 50 (like me). I can't advise about Atkins, because the program I'm on is somewhat different----but I'm sure with you in spirit and in much of the same struggle. I keep trying to concentrate on how good I feel, how far I've come (because my recent stats don't show where I started on my LC journey years ago), and then just trust in the Lord to bring me through to the right place in the end. In the meantime, I also follow as many disciplines suggested to me by forum members (the Zonecoach in my particular case) as seem sound to me. Will pray for you; will you pray for me, too?
  #162   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 20:23

Sheryl, are you eating veggies? Eggs are a good lose a lb food.
  #163   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 09:23
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:
Default Stalled

Shalizbit - I'll be turning 51 the end of the month so I definitely know that hormones are playing a significant role. It can be very frustrating. I remember when I just kept saying, " I just want to break the 160 mark and I'll be happy." I was but that didn't take as long to happen. This is a very stubborn stall. I took Randi Sue's advice and posted to the General Forum as well and discovered there's so many who stall about now and I could stay here for awhile before the scale starts going down. I have this incredible love/hate relationship with the scale. Lately, it's mostly I'd like to toss it!
I'm praying for you today. God wants us healthy too!

Fit&Trim - I believe that's been one of my problems. I haven't gotten enough veggies in. I actually went out yesterday and bought broccoli & cauliflower. I do eat green beans on occasion. I have a salad almost every day and go through alot of eggs. But, I think you're right. I need to eat alot more veggies than I do.

Thanks all for the tips.
You're all in my prayers today!
Sheryl
  #164   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 12:55
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins off and on
Stats: 317/163/150 Female 66
BF:"I'm melting!"
Progress: 92%

Hi randisue, chalk up another Christian here.

I have a beautiful 10 year old daughter who I am raising as a Christian as well, making sure she attends bible classes and church regularly!

I accepted the Lord Jesus as my personal Savior last summer, along highway 9 here in NJ while sitting there with a flat tire as people passed me by.

As I sat there, I had to laugh and asked God to have a seat beside me and tell me what I was to learn from that particular trial that day. I asked him if I was to shout out to all the passerbys that I accepted him? So I did! It was a very liberating moment for me, to actually articulate verbally that I was saved! He's put me in a lot of trial situations throughout my life, and I have been a stubborn case, but I submitted to Him that day.

He also took my car that day, after just having moved my work only 2 blocks (5 minute walk) from my house a couple of months earlier. He grounded me and made me walk back and forth to work, as well as church, food shopping, etc., for the next 9 months in which he delivered me into a fantastic weight loss! He did this while providing everything within my reach, only 5-10 minutes walk away, even a roller-skating rink which I took my daughter and rolled my fat away. He is truly AWESOME.

I only pray that he has indeed answered my one true prayer, to introduce me to that Christian man in my life with whom I can love, be loved in full return by, and to praise our Savior together while raising our children in His Glory!

I'm divorcing my husband of 22 years at the moment, but we should have been divorced YEARS ago. The last time I saw the whites of his eyes was 2 years ago, and he had moved out due to military orders before that in '98. The last 3 years he lived here, we were already living separate within the same house. I'm the one splitting it up though, as it's been a 'Godless' marriage. A marriage without God will surely fail, and no matter how I tried to get my husband to find 'any' church we could attend together, he would not.

Woops ... I've been yakking again. I do that a lot. It's really good to see other Christians here, too. I was so happy to see this thread!
  #165   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 13:22
Registered Member

Stats: 187.5/179.5/135 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

Just Me: Welcome, Welcome, Welcome! Your stats are awesome! How long did it take you to loose so much weight?

We will pray for you as you are going through your divorce.

Looking foward to getting to know you...