Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > Comments Box and Technical Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 08:37

Plan: Common Sense
Stats: 188/154.6/170 Male 67 inches
BF:?/12/10
Progress: 186%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarian
Yes, it will be disabled due to security problems (as it enables java scripts with it)

However, it will accept vB code tags, which allows for hyperlinks and images.

Wa'il

Understood, however can you increase the character limit for the signature? Right now it's at 200 characters, and some images are dynamically created by passing parameters via the [img src=""] statement. For example I'd like to put my smoking quitmeter in my sig, but it's over 200 characters..
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 08:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 179.5/170.4/155 Female 5'3
BF:don't know
Progress: 37%
Default don't like

i really don't like this new board and several others don't either. Nothing is working right, and I can't even send my friends messages with out something going wrong. I can't even use my tAb button on here are it takes me out of this completly. Why did you guys change this. I guess I'll try back next week, and see if ya have changed it back cause this is awful.
  #33   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 08:50
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Tamarian:

In the options, the "Default thread view age" doesn't seem to default my subscribed threads to the age I set. It still defaults to "last day".

Am I missing something?

Wanda
  #34   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 08:57
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz175
Thanks for fixing the left justification! I really appreciate all your hard work. I have a son who does networking, so I have some idea of what goes into keeping something like this forum up and running so reliably.

One other thing I noticed (I use IE) is that when I open a forum and see the list of threads, I no longer see an indication of how many pages there are for each thread. For long threads (particularly journals) I usually want to click on the last page. Now I have to go through two steps to do that, first opening up the thread and then clicking on the last page, rather than being able to just open the thread on the last page. Thanks for looking into this.

I notice this if I use the "hybrid" or "threaded" views, but linear views seem to be OK.

Wanda
  #35   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 08:59

Stats: 151/128/110 Female 5'1.5"
BF:Yes
Progress: 56%

I am having problems replying to my PM's as well. Also I can no longer just click on the names of my buddies on my buddy list.........help LOL. I can't get used to the changes. Also is there an easier way than going through the entire list of journals just to find mine?

Thanks in advance.
  #36   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 09:03
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon
Understood, however can you increase the character limit for the signature? Right now it's at 200 characters, and some images are dynamically created by passing parameters via the [img src=""] statement. For example I'd like to put my smoking quitmeter in my sig, but it's over 200 characters..

Sure. We'll try 400.

Wa'il
  #37   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 09:09
Forum Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacey O
i really don't like this new board and several others don't either. Nothing is working right, and I can't even send my friends messages with out something going wrong. I can't even use my tAb button on here are it takes me out of this completly. Why did you guys change this. I guess I'll try back next week, and see if ya have changed it back cause this is awful.

Unfortunately, we will not downgrade to the old version.

Changes are always difficult to get used to.

I encourage you to participate in the official thread where members are invited to make suggestions, comments and report problems.

Wa'il
  #38   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 09:16
Forum Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcollier
Hi Tamarian:

In the options, the "Default thread view age" doesn't seem to default my subscribed threads to the age I set. It still defaults to "last day".

Am I missing something?

Wanda

Yes, the age as set in the options page relates to forum display, not to subscribed threads. For subscriptions, you will need to select the age.

But I think it's a good idea to tie both together. I'll recommend that to the vBulletin folks, and might hack it myself if I have the time later.

Wa'il
  #39   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 09:18

Plan: atkins
Stats: 180/180/140 Female 5.5
BF:Si, mucho!
Progress: 0%
Default Change is good. Right?

I love the new smilies. But it is going to take me some time to get used to the new format. I had just gotten it down and could fly around this site. Now I have to stop and think again. Thanks for keeping my brain sharpened up.(sp?)
  #40   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 09:18

Stats: 150/138/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 48%
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarian
Hi folks,

Feel free to use this thread for questions and reporting problems with the new vBulletin 3.0.

Enjoy!

Wa'il

<font color="brown"><B>I guess I'm at an advantage with this new format because I was still confused on the original format so I'm no more confused now than I was then! Did that make sense?

I've never been able to go back to posts I've posted (can't usually find them again after I leave). I just click on thingys 'till I find what I'm looking for; I get there eventually. Don't know how to do much of anything else on here, I'm afraid.

So I guess I can muddle through this as easily as I did the original. Right now I can only concentrate on one thing at a time; my WOE! That takes all my energy.

I'm sure I'll get used to it so don't mind me!

Morgan
  #41   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 09:25

Stats: 245/234/200
BF:don't care!!
Progress: 24%

Thank you for getting the alignment back to left - it was driving me nuts!
I have found though that quite a few posts are 'running off' the page and you have to scroll back and forth to see both ends, as it were. Any ideas?
  #42   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 09:30
Forum Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaUK
Thank you for getting the alignment back to left - it was driving me nuts!
I have found though that quite a few posts are 'running off' the page and you have to scroll back and forth to see both ends, as it were. Any ideas?

This is due to some member's HTML signatures being disabled. They need to convert to vbcode tags.

I'll try to convert some of them.

Wa'il
  #43   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 09:44

Plan: Curves starting 13/4/04
Stats: 157/142/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 68%

OK I give up - so how do I put my signature on.....
step 1......
sorry
thanks
Fi
  #44   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 09:44

Stats: 179.5/170.4/155 Female 5'3
BF:don't know
Progress: 37%
Default buddy list

I don't even have a buddy list come up anymore, so I can't even pm, my buddys cause I used to have a little box come up, and it would tell me who was online. What has happened to my box, and how can I get it back and pm my friends.
  #45   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 09:54

Plan: Curves starting 13/4/04
Stats: 157/142/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 68%

thank you for fixing up the signature....
nice look to the forum - well done!