Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Best Of
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Dec-12-01, 19:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/174/135 Female 5ft 3in
BF:(Postpartum)
Progress: 40%
Default A simple thank you

This forum gives me what I need the most -
Hope, Acceptance, Co-dieters who are successful, Support, Recipes, Information, and again - Hope.
(Plus it free! )

Thank you so much, Wa'il, and to all of the moderators, for the creation and maintenance of the site.

MaryB
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-01, 12:48
Registered Member

Plan: Easy Low Carb Living
Stats: 158/118/120
BF:
Progress: 105%
Thumbs up Thanks Wa'il

This really is a great site - and very well thought out and run. Thanks for all your efforts, and for the quick history of the site. I also thought that it had been in existence much longer. YOu are doing a brilliant job

I do have a question - when I sometimes print a passage or tow from the site, there is a copy right at the bottom that says that all the material belongs to Dr. Atkins - is this true What is the connection

I have been confused about this before, as I did understand that it was a site that originated in Vancouver - so I couldn't figure it out

I have checked out a couple of other LC sites, and they do not hold a candle to this one.

Congratulations, again.

Cheers
Pat
  #33   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-01, 18:17
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%
Default Re: Thanks Wa'il

Quote:
Originally posted by PatHawk
I do have a question - when I sometimes print a passage or tow from the site, there is a copy right at the bottom that says that all the material belongs to Dr. Atkins - is this true What is the connection

Are you sure, Pat? I can't see any Dr. Atkins note at the bottom of the page. There our site's note, and Jelsoft (makers of vBulletin forum software).

Wa'il
  #34   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-01, 18:27
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

This is what I get at the bottom of a printable page:
Quote:
Copyright © 2000-2001 Active Low-Carber Forums at forum.lowcarber.org; All rights reserved.

Perhaps the Active Low-Carber sounds like Atkins Low-Carber?

just a thought

Doreen
  #35   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-01, 23:31

Stats: 292/271/160
BF:
Progress: 16%

I just wanted to say thanks for the history lesson ... It amazes me, too, how recent this site came into being. I know that it is one of the biggest reasons I'm able to stay on this woe. Lots of support and information I wouldn't have gotten another way. I wondered when I started if I would miss the "meeting" component of the ww plan. I hated going to them, but I also knew they were vital to my staying "psyched" for the diet. This forum really fills that need for LCing -- in a way that fits my lifestyle -- I can "attend" at any hour of the day, whenever I need a boost or have a question or want some information or a recipe ... it's really great ... thanks for helping me change my life.
  #36   ^
Old Wed, Dec-19-01, 06:08
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/PP/Kiss
Stats: 160/120/110
BF:
Progress: 80%

Congrats and thank you! I'm a newbie here. I find this to be one of the best sites that I have found. The comparative information is outstanding! And so friendly too!
It's the site I read most!

zellie
  #37   ^
Old Wed, Dec-19-01, 13:31
Registered Member

Plan: Easy Low Carb Living
Stats: 158/118/120
BF:
Progress: 105%
Lightbulb On Further Thought

Hi Wa'il

On further thought, I guess the information that I printed that had the copy right to Dr. Atkins was the low carb counter - & I guess maybe that is his material
Other information that I have printed does have the copy right to your forum
I guess that I need to pay attention, and watch what happens when I am searching out different information - that the hyperlinks actually take me somewhere else - and that is someone else's copyright
It an interesting world we live in today, with information so easily available - and its easy for me to lose track of where it is coming from, if I am not careful.
Thanks again for the site, and for always being there to help
Cheers
Pat
  #38   ^
Old Wed, Dec-19-01, 19:37

Plan: Basic low carb, modified body rx
Stats: 198.5/165/155
BF:?/25%/20%
Progress: 77%
Default Thanks

I just want to repeat the many thanks to Wa'il and the otheres for this site. I get up in the morning and look around , at lunch I look and come home in the evening and look for an hour or so after everyone is in bed. I love going through old post and learning more info. Thank You
  #39   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-02, 18:35
Pending Member

Stats: 215/145/120
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default Thanks

Thank you for sharing how this site was formed. I really appreciate all the time and hard work that went into it. I have found this the best lo carb site on the web.
  #40   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-02, 22:41
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%
Thumbs up

I have to add my tuppence worth, too.
I love this site for many reasons. The friendliness and support rank high although the amount of information is also extremely helpful.
Like others who've posted here, I assumed this site had been going for yonks.
Brilliant job, Wa'il et al!

Wa'il:
  #41   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-02, 08:06

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 260/260/155 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default My Thanks Also

This site has gotten me through the past two months and kept me on track when I wasn't sure I really wanted to put the effort forth. If it had been just me and my books I would not have known how to fine to this WOE and not been committed. The support that I have found is a boon to my daily life. There are so many dedicated people on here.

My curiosity wants to know all about these people because I feel part of there lives. There is alto in DC, sunshine out west, new friends from Scotland, just so many people to talk to (and that is rare for me as I tend to be a loner outside the office). Thanks so much for all your work and support.

Susan
  #42   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-02, 18:06
Pending Member

Stats: 215/145/120
BF:
Progress: 74%
Thumbs up This site

Susan, I agree with you. I would have made it this far without my friends here on line. I know that my day is complete until I come on line and visist my friends.
  #43   ^
Old Mon, Apr-01-02, 19:36

Stats: 173/148/150 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 109%
Default Thanks Wa'il

Wa'il,
My wife and myself want to thank you and the other founders for creating this wonderful source of information and support. We are truly grateful.

I hit the jackpot the day I was clicking around the net and stumbled across lowcarber.org - it changed our lives. Thank you. Dan and Karen
  #44   ^
Old Mon, Jul-15-02, 16:29

Stats: 228/206/145
BF:
Progress: 27%
Cool Wa'il's Brilliance!!

Wa'il,

You are still amazing.

I was here at the beginning and have watched over the last few years at what you have accomplished and am thrilled at your success!

Just think of all the people you have helped.

Kudos to you Tamarian!

The original, Kathy
  #45   ^
Old Mon, Jul-15-02, 16:54
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Kathy,

I can't beleive it's you!!! (Kathy was the LCVancouver e-list co-moderator).

In case you didn't know, I'm leaving Vancouver. We're meeting for coffee this Saturday, hope you can make it:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...&threadid=50642

Wa'il