Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Jun-13-03, 10:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 247/216/115 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 23%

Yeah another day down, and I'm tettering between 224 and 225pds.

How are you doing Rachel?
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Jun-13-03, 13:33

Plan: my own
Stats: 138/134/125
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default Re: Looking for a SOCAL Buddy

Quote:
Originally posted by AriesGirl
Hey all,
I am looking for a buddy to chat with, get tips, set goals, etc.. I'm new here, just starting back on low carb TODAY!

so I need all the support I can get!

Thanks
Hey there , i need all the support i can get too, lets help each other.
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Jun-13-03, 20:08
Registered Member

Stats: 195/190/130
BF:
Progress: 8%

Hey Laura, and Grimmace,
I'm hangin in there, still being strict with myself, I'm actually surprised how disciplined I'm being and how easy this seems compared to last time, I know I really want to succeed, maybe that's motivation enough. I decided starting next week to add regular workouts in, I was working out regularly then stopped about a month ago when I moved, so I need to get back on track with that. I feel really good, have had tons of energy , how are both of you?

-Rachel
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Jun-13-03, 20:13

BF:

Quote:
Hey Laura, and Grimmace,
I'm hangin in there, still being strict with myself, I'm actually surprised how disciplined I'm being and how easy this seems compared to last time, I know I really want to succeed, maybe that's motivation enough. I decided starting next week to add regular workouts in, I was working out regularly then stopped about a month ago when I moved, so I need to get back on track with that. I feel really good, have had tons of energy , how are both of you?

-Rachel
Hi
Glad to hear that you are doing good, I know its hard but it is so worth it. I am doing good only lost one pound this week but it still went down. I just need something like this to get me thru. My husband is a great guy but not to worried about my few extra pounds so when I do loose them he is like thats nice. Its just great to have someone to be happy with you , as you are for them.
josi
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Jun-13-03, 20:14

BF:

Quote:
Originally posted by grimmace
Hi
Glad to hear that you are doing good, I know its hard but it is so worth it. I am doing good only lost one pound this week but it still went down. I just need something like this to get me thru. My husband is a great guy but not to worried about my few extra pounds so when I do loose them he is like thats nice. Its just great to have someone to be happy with you , as you are for them.
josi
one quick question , how did you get your photo on there i can not find out how.
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Jun-13-03, 20:22
Registered Member

BF:

to change your picture under "profile" and "Edit options" at the bottom where it says change avatar, I attached a picture the picture itself I had to make much smaller using photoshop..

I'm happy to be here to help support you and be your buddy congradulations on your losses and let's keep losing!!!!!!!!!!
-Rachel
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Jun-13-03, 20:30

BF:

Quote:
to change your picture under "profile" and "Edit options" at the bottom where it says change avatar, I attached a picture the picture itself I had to make much smaller using photoshop..

I'm happy to be here to help support you and be your buddy congradulations on your losses and let's keep losing!!!!!!!!!!
-Rachel
thanks for your help, and your picture does not look like you need to loose a pound at all.
Yes we will keep loosing and we will be there for each other that always helps when you have someone to tell what you have done or not done so you feel like pushing so you are not saying i didn't do so well .
well its 1130 pm here and i have been up since 4 am so its time to shower and call it a night talk later and go for a walk this weekend and enjoy the fresh air its good for you lol
night sleep tight
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Jun-16-03, 15:13

BF:

Hi I'm still at 214.5 darn. But I'm hoping the scale will start moving down this week.
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Jun-16-03, 15:24
Registered Member

BF:

HI!

I finally got a scale, looks liks I've lost 5 pounds for my first week, I'm pretty happy about that, just hope it keeps coming off!
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Jun-16-03, 15:56

BF:

Oops I mean 224.5, I have to remember to add 10 pds to my weight cause my home scale is off by 10pds.

Yeah! 5pd's is really good for the first week
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Jun-16-03, 16:40

BF:

Quote:
Thanks for the encouragement. I'm sure you will lose, but I know that when I was excercising regularly it took awhile for th epounds to drop yah that whole muscle replacement thing. I need to get back to a workout plan, but I thought I should give myself a few days on the diet to just let my body adjust. I sat down yesterday and made out a huge shopping list, plus wrote down a menu of breakfast, lunch and dinner for the whole week. I also decided I would make some things on sunday or monday that are staples I can eat all week long, like boil a dozen eggs, make chicken salad, pre make turkey roll ups and cucumber salad, so that I don't get any crazy cheat ideas (or hopefully) I'm on day 3, still feeling tired but I am wakin gup with that flatter tummy feeling, so that's always nice. I'm using fitday to record everything I eat, are you? I think it helps. I still don't have a scale so I can't obsess over it. I kinda like that.
talk to ya soon.
-Rachel
I have a scale and i am learning not to obsess over it just weigh on once a week. I am not keeping a full diary of what i eat just if i cheat and i hate writing that, so its hard to cheat. I am feeling good this week and its only monday.Well the kids are in bed time for mom to be mom and head for my hottub, talk soon.
have a good week and keep up the good work it is well worth it
josi
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Jun-17-03, 14:51

BF:

Hi AriesGirl and Grimmace,

How is everyone doing? And weight loss to report? Anybody have any good recipes they want to share?
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Jun-17-03, 14:54
Registered Member

BF:

Hey Laura you got your pic up, it looks nice! I'm still at my 5 pounds loss for week 1, I'm noticing I'm eating less and staying fuller now, I still feel pretty motivated although yesterday was my boyfriends 30th birthday and I had a couple martini's no carbs, but the alcohol can slow weight loss, I also made him a decadent dark chocolate cake with caramel frosting, and I dind't have any! I don't know how I resisted, I'm amazed. I hope he eats it all soon so I don't have to look at it all day! haha. Mission Viejo is really close to me, I'm in foothill ranch, do you go to a gym or anything? I though it would be really helpful to have a workout buddy. How's the diet going for you?
-Rachel
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Jun-17-03, 15:02

BF:

Hi Rachel,

My pic is a little fussy, I'm still working on it, but thanks,
I too am eating less and having less cravings which helps me from cheating. But I'm still at 224.5, but I feel like it's gonna drop and time now.

Wow you made a cake and didn't eat any, now I'm impressed! I wouldn't trust myself.

Right now I belong to "Curves" when my membership is up in October I'm thinking about joining 24 hr, that's where my husband goes. Do you belong to any health clubs?
  #30   ^
Old Tue, Jun-17-03, 15:08
Registered Member

BF:

I haven't joined one yet, but I'm thinking of joining 24 hour.