Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-29-03, 23:19
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 186/160/160 Male 68 inches
BF:?%/15%/10%
Progress: 100%
Default Wiped out while running

Hi,

I've been doing so well. I'm in my second week and haven’t missed a workout or an aerobics day. But this morning I was out for a run, when I tripped and skidded along the sidewalk on my arms and knees. I tore off a fair amount of flesh. It didn't hurt too much when I did it, but now, 12 hours later it's hurting a lot more.

I had to walk home about 6 blocks and had to cross a busy street. I got some very odd looks from people in their cars. I was oozing blood from everywhere. I think they thought they were looking at a stabbing victim.

I just hate the idea of missing my workout tomorrow! Maybe I'll go to the gym and just see what I can do. I guess I'll see how I feel tomorrow. This sucks.

Arnie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-30-03, 16:26
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/272.0/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

That's too bad Arnie.

I hope it doesn't interfere too much.

Beth
  #3   ^
Old Sat, May-31-03, 08:07
Contributing Member

Thanks Beth,

It'll be a few days before I can get back at it. I'm hoping to only miss one workout and be back at it on Monday. We'll see.

Arnie
  #4   ^
Old Sat, May-31-03, 08:19

Stats: 229/229/180 Female 73"
BF:Mostly
Progress: 0%

Arnie, I really feel your pain! I did the same thing about three years ago, laid in the street because there was no way I could get up due to a concussion.

My face, and the rest of me, looked so bad that I couldn't work in psych unit I was a nurse at, and everyone thought my husband had abused me. Plus, my writing hand was broken. When I went to LA for a visit, several sweet women offered me shelter's to stay at, and even people who had known us for 30 years asked me 'confidentially' what had happened. In retrospect, this is funny because I'm married to the sweetest man on earth, but it sure wasn't then.

I hope you feel better really soon and can get back to your running. Just take it easy, the sidewalk will always win.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, May-31-03, 23:30
Contributing Member

OMG Fiona,

Thanks for sharing that, it must have been awful. Sidewalks sure are nasty places to fall. I'll tell you it's made me think about selling my motorcycle. If a running fall hurts this much, I just don't want to know what it feels like at 100km/hr.

To add insult to injury I woke up at about 3:00 am last night, moved my head and heard three loud cracks from my neck. Now I can't move my neck.

Today I had to be the Master of Cerimonies for a workshop that had about 80 people at it. By the time I got home all I wanted to do was spend the rest of the day in bed. So, it's off to bed I go.

Arnie
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jun-01-03, 00:10

Stats: 229/229/180 Female 73"
BF:Mostly
Progress: 0%

Arnie, if you continue to have pain in your neck and head, it might be a good idea to have an x-ray, this is nothing to fool around with.

Hopefully you had a good nights sleep and will feel better today.

Deb