Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-03, 06:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/209/130
BF:
Progress: 21%

CHLOE MAE...Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. Am looking forward to having a buddy to talk to! Couldn't send you a private message to give you my e-mail. My aol im is ___Lorilynne1128____ Last few days have been very hectic for me. Been staying on diet though.. Water has been another story though LOL. Grandchildren are here for a few days. Weather has been nasty as usual. I downloaded AOL Mess. hoping I could send you an offline message like on Yahoo. Couldn't do. Hoping to hear from you..Lorilynne
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-03, 08:15

Plan: atkins
Stats: 260/250/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 10%

Chiqui, If you go into your profile to edit (do you know how to do that?), scroll down to a box labeled signature. That is where you can type your goals or anything else you want and it will show up on each post. Hope you are having a good day.
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-03, 22:16

Plan: Atkins/Induction
Stats: 360/340/150
BF:66%/60%/27%
Hello Lorilynne,

Happy to hear from you.

Will try to contact you on AOL IM. My name there is junebugofva.

I don't think we are allowed to put our email addys in the threads.

If I can't get in touch with you, keep posting until you hit 25 posts, then you can send me a private message with your email addy.

I finally got thru the stall I was in. Dropped another 5 lbs. Same here about the water. I barely get to 64 oz. And water is the secret to losing, so why don't I drink more ???

Talk to you soon, I hope.
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 13:12
Registered Member

Stats: 207/202/150
BF:40%
Progress: 9%
Default Finally got it going

After a week of stumbling, I finally got under way. It wasn't easy. Thanks for Fishie 48, who introduced me to FitDay, it opened my eyes to the tremendous quantities of fat and carbs I was eating. IAnd I was supposed to be on a protein diet!

Again, many thanks.

Chiqui
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 18:02

Plan: atkins
Stats: 260/250/160 Female 5'6"
BF:

Chiqui, Remember on Atkins, fat is good, carbs are bad. I lose the best when my fat % is way up there. Hope you are doing well. Stay in touch.
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 00:14

Plan: I'm exploring
Stats: 281/256/146 Female 5'4"
BF:43%
Progress: 19%
Default Hi All Of You!

I'm an over 55er and would love to be a part of your group. I'm kind of discombobulated right now because I'm either at my son's or daughters houses. Their father died of a heart attack on March 19th and I came to FL/GA to be with them and think I got Momnapped!!!

I need to go home and get with it again. I just weighed at Publix the other day and found out I did lose 17 pounds. What a great feeling.

When I'm with it, I usually eat a cheese omelet and bacon with cottage cheese for breakfast. I like salsa with it.

I do mostly exist on cottage cheese, eggs, cheese and soy products. For snacks I eat peanuts to make up for the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches I no longer eat. Madi
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 01:59
Registered Member

Stats: 207/202/150
BF:40%
Progress: 9%
Default Know you've been having a rough time

Madcreek, you responded to one of my emails a while ago. I realize you weren't answering due to a death in the family.

I have finally gotten on track and the best thing is that I don't have a craving for sweets.

Not very much weight lost, but at least it's a start.

Congrats on your 17-lb loss!

Cheers from Chiqui
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 10:33

Post Hello to: Chiqui, Fishie, and Madi...

Have been reading and enjoying all the posts here.

Cottage cheese sounds sooo good. I am going to break open the container I bought and have some berries with it for lunch.

Last night, I also went carb crazy. I had made beans and rice for my DH and I just had to have a BITE.

Well that bite turned into another and another and another, til I bet I ate a cup of the stuff.

Then I got hungry!!! And this is at 11PM. So I ate my SF jello and whipped cream, then some chicken and cheese.

The chicken and cheese quieted me down. Of course I went out of ketosis really fast. Like carbs react on my body sooo quickly. Maybe it is because I ate so much white junk for so many years.

It's like an alcoholic, one drink and you go into a binge.

If this has happened to any of you, what do you do the next day?
I am going to drink water til I slosh around and stay below 20 carbs.

Thanks for listening.
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 05:54

Stats: 379.0/339.0/330.6 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 83%
Default I am new myself

I have a whole entire person to lose. If you need anything let me know and check out my profile. Can't wait to hear from you.
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 08:03

BF:
Default Welcome

Chantel Hi, happy to hear from you. Been lo carbing since May 11. Lost about 16 lbs. Have you locarbed before? Most days are pretty good. Last nite that little guy on my shoulder, was a pain. Will be happy to help you anyway I can. Lorilynne

Last edited by Lorilynne : Tue, Jun-10-03 at 08:07.
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 08:12

BF:
Default Welcome

madcreek Sounds like you are doing well. Working hard at it, meds. make it harder..But I am determined. Any help I can give or receive would be wonderful. Lorilynne
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 15:11

BF:
Default THANKS

I will be keeping in touch and as far as that monkey Smack him around everynow and again, let him know who is in control, and no i have not low carbed for more then 5 days but this time will continue the rest of the year until I am were I need to be. I put you on my buddy list I hope you dont mind. This whole forum thing is confusing at times and It may take me a while to get the hang of it but I WILL kept up with your progress.
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 16:05

BF:
Default Confused

How do I go to check my journal and how does my journal stay updated??? please
  #29   ^
Old Fri, Jun-13-03, 15:30

Welcome to the thread, Chantel and Madcreek,

Hope I got the names right.

How is everbody doing

Tuesday was my and I did good at the seafood lunch, but then just had to stop at Kroger and buy an ice cream cake for the family and friends. Ended up eating way too much of it. Gained back 2 lbs. sooo quickly. I was surprised how fast it can come back on one cheat.

Now stuggling with all those nasty Induction symptoms and trying very hard to get back into ketosis. The day after the cake I was starving and wanting to eat, eat, eat all day and into the night. It has calmed down somewhat. Just goes to prove what carb overload does to my body. Makes it hurt !!!

The pool water finally warmed up enough and have been able to swim since Weds.

When will I ever learn
  #30   ^
Old Sat, Jun-14-03, 05:51

BF:
Post Hey it happens

Now you know and knowing is half the battle I was glad that you had a good day.

Well I do have a question to allow my most recent posting t appear first in my journal should I reply to my first posting on that page?? Did that make any sense?