Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Wed, Jun-25-03, 16:21
Registered Member

Plan: Was Atkins, then BFL, now Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 144/111/112 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 103%

Thanks KoKo!!!

Denise
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Wed, Jun-25-03, 20:44

Plan: The Primal Blueprint
Stats: 148/119/120 Female 66 inches
BF:29%/14/12%
Progress: 104%
Angry what the he!!?

I weighed in on Tuesday at 129! I was good this weekend, honest! I am so pi$$ed off. Most of this had better be muscle. If not I will really have to rethink my menu. Dd is nursing less, so I am trying to cut back some on the carbs, but I may have to lower the fat as well. I am hesitant to lower the protein because of my weight training. I am certainly open to suggestions. I'll reweigh tomorrow and get body fat tested at the end of the month.

Jen
  #93   ^
Old Thu, Jun-26-03, 13:08

Smile 127 today!

I guess I just had a couple pounds water weight on me Tuesday for some reason. Guess it could be milk weight in my case. I don't like the scale varying in the upward direction. I haven't weight 129 in over a year. Good news is I went to the uniform sale today and found that I can wear a size smaller in pants! I thought mine were getting too baggy in the butt.

A nurse I work with and I were talking about the irrational desire to weigh a certain number. She is exercising a lot too and realizes she may not lose weight or even gain because of the muscle weight. She said a part of her doesn't even want to do weights because it might hinder her from reaching the elusive number on the scale. Like me she knows it is irrational but has a hard time letting go. I actually threw my scale away so I can only weigh at the gym - keeps me from weighing 3 times a day!

Sorry for the ramble!

Jen
  #94   ^
Old Thu, Jun-26-03, 14:48

Plan: BFL with SP
Stats: 167/158.5/150 Female 63ins
BF:31/26/20
Progress: 50%

I know what you mean, Jen. For years I would get on the scale only occasionally because my weight was always the same - 9 stone. My exercise and food must have been in balance because the scale never showed anything different, so I didn't bother weighing. But I hated my belly and waistline. So I started dieting and ballooned to 10stone 5lbs.
Somehow I got fixed on the idea of being a certain weight and I have to measure my progress by the scale. Yet I know that when I am exercising the dents in the flab followed by a smaller belly etc must mean I am making progress, but I just have to get on that scale to prove it and of course, sometimes it doesn't, and I get miserable about it. But I know I can't give up the scale entirely

Judy
  #95   ^
Old Fri, Jun-27-03, 11:29

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 168/168/155 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Wow, my weight is back down to 166 this morning. Gee, 165 will be next, that's a milestone for me. I've quit eating so many strawberries and blueberries. I was eating about 25 strawberries a day. I think I'll back off to about 10-15 per day and more on my active days. It's so easy to let the carbs come creeping back in. I am doing well with my veggie eating, trying to stay away from cheese and saturated fat for the most part.

I'll check back in on Monday. Oh, one other item. I've had trouble bringing up this website on my one of our computers and this one is having dial up problems. Hopefully the one will be repaired in the next few days. Have a great weekend!

Maureen
  #96   ^
Old Mon, Jun-30-03, 07:45
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 177/173/160
BF:
Progress: 24%

No change. Still solid at 173. I cannot remember a time when my weight was so consistent. So I guess I'm happy enough not to be bouncing all over the scale. Staying solid, at least I really know what I've lost so far.

Anyway, I feel a bit bloated, so no nudge up on the scale is good news.

Beth
  #97   ^
Old Mon, Jun-30-03, 14:03

Plan: BFL with SP
Stats: 167/158.5/150 Female 63ins
BF:31/26/20
Progress: 50%

Amazingly, down another pound to 159.5, just made it into the 150s. I've not been consistent although I haven't had any big cravings or binges either. Even the weekends seem to go by without going overboard. This is my last Monday weigh-in for a couple of weeks as I am on holiday from next Monday for just over a week. Hopefully I won't come back a few pounds heavier

Judy
  #98   ^
Old Mon, Jun-30-03, 16:57
Registered Member

Stats: 135/128/120 Female 63.5 inches
BF:too much
Progress: 47%
Red face

Confession time! I went to spend the weekend with my dad and to also pick sweet (bing) cherries for friends and family. I gained a 1/2 pound and I'm excited that it wasn't more. Well, eating at my dad's house was much worse than eating out. My dad loves to cook so he had prepared a homemade chocolate pie AND fresh apricot cobbler. I ate small portions of both desserts because he would have had his feelings hurt if I had eaten none. I also gave in (ok, I scarfed) to the cherry temptation and totally scrapped my running for 3 days. So in one fell swoop I broke my chocolate/caffeine/processed sugar fast. I'm amazed how easy it is to slip back into old habits . Ok, I'm back home now and plan to pick up where I left off. Hopefully, next week that extra stuff will have jiggled off of me.
  #99   ^
Old Mon, Jun-30-03, 21:28
Registered Member

Plan: schwarzbein principle
Stats: 260/215/160
BF:
Progress: 45%
Default weight today

This whole weight thing is sooooo hard I only hope and pray that someday I'll see my old weight of 157....but is that really realistic
everyone tells me once your over 40 its a done thing boy this bod really loves the extra cushion when I posted I thought I was at 215 but the next day it was really at 222. but now one week later I weigh 217 thats getting alittle better.
I keep telling myself health is the key issue here.....but gosh darn this whole weight thing is really tough to take
Even posting it for the world to see is really tough.
I feel its a step to help me into accountability

Last edited by sf fresco : Mon, Jun-30-03 at 21:35.
  #100   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 06:58
Registered Member

Plan: Was Atkins, then BFL, now Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 144/111/112 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 103%

SF Fresco, I totally agree with you about the accountability. I love having this weigh in on Monday. It really motivates me to stay clean over the weekend. That's when I have a tough time because of husband being home more and more occasion for social eating.

I also worried about the 40 thing and my weight. I must admit it has been much slower than ever before but I've stayed with it and I'm almost to goal now after a year. It's partly why I have chosen SP as my life plan because I needed a healthy plan I could actually live with for the rest of my life. I'm afraid if I gain a lot (for me) again then I will never lose it. So no more fooling around with this for me.

Now to report: I've steadily been losing a pound/week but seem to have slowed down this time. I lost 1/2 lb.! Only 1 1/2 lbs. away from goal!!!

Denise
  #101   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 08:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/162.5/140 Female 5' 5 1/2"
BF:no clue
Progress: 63%

Okay! I'm late in my weekly check in. Had a super busy weekend and Monday so I didn't get a chance to report. No weight gain no weight loss. I'm a little bummed because this is one of the best weekends I've had since starting.

congratulations to you losers!

Piano
  #102   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 20:21

Down 1.25#! I'm Less than a pound from goal weight! The true test will be next week when I got my body fat tested.

Jen
  #103   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 09:22
Registered Member

Stats: 177/173/160
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default Are we still weighing in?

I know it's been a holiday and all. Boy do I know -- it was my TOM, too, and the combined effect had me weighing in three pounds up one day. Back at 173 both yesterday and today, though, much to my relief. It's not a loss, but I'm too glad it's not a three-pound gain to mind.

Beth
  #104   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 08:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/162.5/140 Female 5' 5 1/2"
BF:no clue
Progress: 63%

I tried to post yesterday I wrote a note and hit submit and and the computer said "All circuits busy."

Down a pound Finally!!! I thought I would be stuck in this weight warp forever.

JEN - congratulations!! You are so close to making it!!!! Wow! Let us know how your body fat test comes out.

BETH - I'm glad you didn't have a 3 pound gain too. 4th of July weekend is tough add that to TOM. GRRR.

Pianobeiner

Last edited by Piano : Tue, Jul-08-03 at 08:26.
  #105   ^
Old Wed, Jul-09-03, 20:27

Down to 125.6, body fat is 16.6, a hair lower than last time (not sure it is statistically significant). What concerns me is that I weigh 1.8# less than last time, body fat not sig. different, so I have LOST lean body mass. What gives? I eat more protein than Dr. S recommends, although she doesn't seem to take into account activity level or breastfeeding in her recommendations. I typically eat the equivalent of 4oz at each meal and 2 oz each snack, for a total of 18oz/day. I want to build muscle, not lose it. TOM did hit today, and I don't know if that throws off the measurements. Next time I will have it tested the week after TOM. I am open to suggestions.

Jen