Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Mon, Aug-19-19, 05:15

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschwab
Do you mean chocolate bars? I used to just eat baker's chocolate when I ate chocolate on low carb.

Good point, and I've done the same with baker's chocolate bars. They're not bad. I don't eat chocolate that often, but would like to have some lightly and naturally (stevia) sweetened dark chocolate bars that don't represent the total of my daily carb intake.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Aug-19-19, 08:59

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
I live in a state park and we have very few franchises. Most people like that.

My dream! :agree
  #33   ^
Old Mon, Aug-19-19, 13:08

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

I used to call them "Carb Bars" but they only have 1 to 3 carbs, so I started calling them "no-carb-bars" even though it isn't correct.

If you go to netritition.com and click low-car/keto they have quite a selection.

I make an order before taking a trip, and try different brands each time. That way when they pass the expensive, high carb, low taste meal on the plane, I can pass and eat my "no-carb" bar and a handfull of nuts. I call it emergency food.

I can't recommend a particular brand because I don't eat them often enough to have a favorite. It's one vacation per year, and some years I might have to take an additional long car trip, but I can usually pack enough food for that.

When eating at restaurants, I tend to stay away from big chains, fast food ones especially. If I can find a small, privately owned restaurant (and I have a few in my neighborhood), I go there.

My band is small business, and I want people to hire my small business, and I figure it's 'do unto others' -- plus I usually get better food and better service.

Bob