Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > Comments Box and Technical Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-19, 08:02

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%
Default Checking my browser and back to the log in?

For a couple of days now, I log in, get a message saying that my browser is being checked, and sent back to the log in screen.

Is this happening to others?

Bob
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-19, 09:25
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-a-rama
For a couple of days now, I log in, get a message saying that my browser is being checked, and sent back to the log in screen.

Is this happening to others?

Bob

This is an extra layer of security added by our webmaster in light of recent log-in problems reported here .. https://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=482530. :

Do you mean that it won't log you in at all, just being sent back to the log in screen over and over??? If so, what browser are you using where this is happening?

Doreen
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-19, 11:35

BF:

This is different from the 5 password attempts.

After the first attempt, I get a screen telling me it is verifying my browser (or something like that, I was too slow to get a screen shot) and it takes be back to the login screen where I can log in the second time.

Is this intentional?

If so, it's no problem.

BTW I tried it on Firefox and Opera (which runs on Chrome).

Bob
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-19, 12:26

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Yes, me too. when you sign in. it pops up a screen saying configuring browser or somethng like that then puts you back to sign in again for a 2nd time.
The other day it said I had too many attempts and had a time out, when I had only done it once or twice.

Something I've noticed is that the emoji page has put itself on my desktop permently, in fact several, one after another pop up, then magically disappear from sight. This happens every time I power up my laptop now (before turning on internet) so I know it's saved itself to my computer even though the emoji window disappears from desktop view. I can't remove them because the emoji window disappears from sight within seconds of popping up. I've been worried it might have a virus in it but idk.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-19, 13:27

BF:

This is the screen I get:

I have no idea if this is legit or not. Moderators, please advise.

Thanks!
Bob

#6   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-19, 13:37
Forum Founder

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-a-rama
This is the screen I get:

I have no idea if this is legit or not. Moderators, please advise.

Thanks!
Bob

Yes, it's legit. Our forum uses Cloudflare security software which you can see in your image stated "DDoS protection by Cloudflare" . This extra security check was added a few days ago in response to previous reports of suspicious log-in attempts .. https://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=482530

It's just checking to make sure that YOU are legit

Doreen
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-19, 13:52
Forum Founder

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme#1
Something I've noticed is that the emoji page has put itself on my desktop permently, in fact several, one after another pop up, then magically disappear from sight. T
This sounds like a virus , not from lowcarber.org.

Here's one of our smilies ---> .. Right-click on it; there will be a menu pop-up .. click "open image in new tab" or similar, depending on your browser. If you then look at the image in the new tab, you can see the address bar at the top will be https://forum.lowcarber.org/images/smilies/smile.gif.

Try right-clicking one of those rogue emojis next time you see one. Maybe you can find out what site they're coming from

hope that helps,
Doreen
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-19, 14:02

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreen T
This sounds like a virus , not from lowcarber.org.

Here's one of our smilies ---> .. Right-click on it; there will be a menu pop-up .. click "open image in new tab" or similar, depending on your browser. If you then look at the image in the new tab, you can see the address bar at the top will be https://forum.lowcarber.org/images/smilies/smile.gif.

Try right-clicking one of those rogue emojis next time you see one. Maybe you can find out what site they're coming from

hope that helps,
Doreen

OK, Thanks Doreen. I will try that.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jul-31-19, 14:21

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreen T
Yes, it's legit. Our forum uses Cloudflare security software which you can see in your image stated "DDoS protection by Cloudflare" . This extra security check was added a few days ago in response to previous reports of suspicious log-in attempts .. https://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=482530

It's just checking to make sure that YOU are legit

Doreen

Thanks Doreen.

I appreciate the extra effort. I certainly don't mind the extra click, and as long as I know it's supposed to be there and helping, I'm no longer concerned.

Bob
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Aug-14-19, 09:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/188/185 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 95%

I started getting this, too. On the heels of the other problem, I was just about ready to leave here for good. On a whim/out of curiosity, I cleared my browser and tried logging in today and got the same result, checking the browser and taking me back to the sign-in. I didn't think of trying to sign in a second time so went to the messages and clicked on reply to see what would happen, and from that page it allowed me to sign in.

That explanation sounds convoluted, but it's just a pale reflection of the experience itself. So from now on I'm going to try logging in a second time.