Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1276   ^
Old Tue, Dec-25-18, 03:04
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Kat, oh no! That's a rotten way to get time off. Hope it settles down for you soon.

Merry Christmas, everyone!
---

Nov 01 - Jan 30 * Day 54

Healthy Habits check list: Weigh-in, activity, supplements, decent sleep, sun lamp, gratitude journal, food tracking.

7/7: 40
6/7: 12
5/7: 2
4/7: 0

Eating:
Gold days: 3
Green days: 29
Yellow days: 14
Red days: 8

Went for our Christmas get-together at my dad's. Fabulous meal. Not entirely LC, but I filled up on veggies and didn't overdo it like in the past. I didn't stuff myself until I was about to barf, to quell social anxiety. I ate like a normal person. Still have to give myself the red card, but a pretty good win, for me.

Last edited by Kristine : Tue, Dec-25-18 at 03:13.
Sponsored Links
  #1277   ^
Old Tue, Dec-25-18, 09:02

Plan: Suzanne Somers; LC
Stats: 182.5/158/105 Female 5'
BF:Melting!
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine
Kat, oh no! That's a rotten way to get time off. Hope it settles down for you soon.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Went for our Christmas get-together at my dad's. Fabulous meal. Not entirely LC, but I filled up on veggies and didn't overdo it like in the past. I didn't stuff myself until I was about to barf, to quell social anxiety. I ate like a normal person. Still have to give myself the red card, but a pretty good win, for me.

I would definitely call that a success. I know what you mean, when I am out in a social situation, I also order normally, eat normally - making myself stuffed to the gills does not appeal to me. Even if off plan, it isn't the craziness it used to be. Good for you!
  #1278   ^
Old Tue, Dec-25-18, 13:58

Default Day 1 of 5 this week - 90 days ends Jan 9, 2019

Ok, I decided to attempt to do this week after all. I am feeling a bit better after a good night'sleep, less pain. I'll just do what I can exercise wise. I am also keeping my original date for ending the 90 days, pre-Xmas week was a wash and just gets a roll eyes. All in all I've done pretty well and found myself doing what I need to for this thread whether I was doing it this week or not, which is the whole point of this thread!

1. 5 X a week - check finances, keep tabs on balancing the checkbook, stay aware of credit card interest charges, opening ALL mail right away. I have quite the pile on the table but am looking at something daily and opening mail.

2. 5 X a week - exercise for 20 min - 20 min dancing (very low impact) to Pandora Christmas songs (skipping to lively ones)

3. 5 X a week (should cover the week with leftovers) - make sure I have low carb food and have it prepared and ready to go. Been preparing and cooking today - packed two days worth of dinners (Joe Wick's Cottage Pie) for the library and lunches for the day job - it'll be the rough patch of the week til Fri night. Also prepped cheese cubes and potato cubes for a snack while I am driving to the library after work. Making a nice Xmas dinner for myself tonight, simple but good (Rib-eye Au Poivre and most likely sauteed yellow squash or egg batter fried...and Spiked Eggnog for dessert). Have all my ingredients (except the ones that need refrigerated) out so it can go fast.
I am the prep queen today.

Last edited by mviesprite : Tue, Dec-25-18 at 19:14.
  #1279   ^
Old Wed, Dec-26-18, 05:24
Forum Moderator

BF:

Nov 01 - Jan 30 * Day 55

Healthy Habits check list: Weigh-in, activity, supplements, decent sleep, sun lamp, gratitude journal, food tracking.

7/7: 41

Eating:
Green days: 29
Yellow days: 15

Had some non-LC leftovers, but went a long time between meals and no snacking.
  #1280   ^
Old Thu, Dec-27-18, 03:59
Forum Moderator

BF:

Nov 01 - Jan 30 * Day 56

7/7: 42

Eating:
Green days: 30
Yellow days: 15

Good eatin' yesterday, and DH is back to work today, so I packed the leftover junk food for him to take in.
  #1281   ^
Old Thu, Dec-27-18, 09:13
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Day 56 of 90

I made it through another holiday unscathed. I can't say that I ate "deep keto" everyday, but I stuck to my food and watched the carbs. I did have a very measured amount of "no sugar added" ice cream (1/2 cup) on Christmas Eve and Christmas as my only 'treats'. Carbs were well under 40 each day -- no cravings, no munching all day long. I did eat plenty, but I ate right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine
Ken, can you ask them ahead of time what they think? I guess it depends on your relationship with them... we've had lots of threads on this forum over the years about family "food fights". Maybe they have their own diet concerns and would be relieved to discuss it.

The guest was my Daughter's new boyfriend - a navy man stationed in Norfolk - away from home for the holidays. We went with all of the traditional fare at the table and had 3 different carb loaded deserts for him to choose from. He did pass on some of the food options at dinner, yet still had plenty to eat. He passed on desert as well, only stealing a forkful of my daughter's cake. He is lean and muscular. Those metabolically healthy people just are not sugar addicts like the rest of us. BTW: He was a nice dude. I hope this one works out.

Last edited by khrussva : Thu, Dec-27-18 at 09:28.
  #1282   ^
Old Fri, Dec-28-18, 05:32
Forum Moderator

BF:

Don't those people make you sick, Ken? My dad is like that, as is my hubby. They'll take two bites of a chocolate bar or cookie, and wrap up the rest and put it back. WTH is that?!!! Anyway, glad the boyfriend passes the Dad test. It's a sign of being a good dad when your daughters pick out winners.

--

Nov 01 - Jan 30 * Day 57

7/7: 43

Eating:
Yellow days: 16

Higher-carb veggies with dinner - otherwise not bad.

Last edited by Kristine : Fri, Dec-28-18 at 05:47.
  #1283   ^
Old Fri, Dec-28-18, 08:24
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Day 57 of 90

Good 2 meal keto day yesterday. Leftovers are almost gone. Looking forward to dialing into a good weight loss zone with my eating. I'll cut the carbs even more.
  #1284   ^
Old Sat, Dec-29-18, 04:26
Forum Moderator

BF:

Nov 01 - Jan 30 * Day 59

7/7: 45

Eating:
Yellow days: 18

Last edited by Kristine : Sun, Dec-30-18 at 05:32.
  #1285   ^
Old Sat, Dec-29-18, 20:18

Default day 2 of 5 this week - 90 days ends Jan 9, 2019

Argh. Lost my post from the other day. Day 2 was Wed.

Ken, glad you got thru your holiday satisfactorily. I had to laugh about the guest - people who can take sugar/carbs or leave it are definitely a different breed. I am not wired like that, but wish I was!

1. 5 X a week - check finances, keep tabs on balancing the checkbook, stay aware of credit card interest charges, opening ALL mail right away. chipping away...

2. 5 X a week - exercise for 20 min - 1 hr vacuuming the library at work - timed it and it was an hour.

3. 5 X a week (should cover the week with leftovers) - make sure I have low carb food and have it prepared and ready to go. Using food I have made, prepping my sleep insurance fruit and starting to think about the New Year's menu for the week.

Last edited by mviesprite : Sat, Dec-29-18 at 20:24.
  #1286   ^
Old Sat, Dec-29-18, 20:22

Default Day 3 of 5 this week - 90 days ends Jan 9, 2019

1. 5 X a week - check finances, keep tabs on balancing the checkbook, stay aware of credit card interest charges, opening ALL mail right away.
Yep. Got all the new mail opened, checking balance.

2. 5 X a week - exercise for 20 min - 20 min dancing (low impact) to Pandora Christmas songs (still mostly skipping to lively ones) No crazy moves, but moving. Handel's Messiah is not easy to dance to but it can be done! Also some basic exercises.

3. 5 X a week (should cover the week with leftovers) - make sure I have low carb food and have it prepared and ready to go. The usual.

Last edited by mviesprite : Sat, Dec-29-18 at 20:34.
  #1287   ^
Old Mon, Dec-31-18, 06:10
Forum Moderator

BF:

Nov 01 - Jan 30 * Day 60

7/7: 46

Eating:
Yellow days: 18
Red days: 9

Didn't do too badly at the in-law family holiday party, but still too many off-plan foods.
  #1288   ^
Old Mon, Dec-31-18, 08:35

Default Day 4 of 5 this week - 90 days ends Jan 9, 2019

I got too tired last night and went to bed early - needed the sleep. This is for yesterday - only managed 4 days this week but doing what I can. So that is a roll eyes

1. 5 X a week - check finances, keep tabs on balancing the checkbook, stay aware of credit card interest charges, opening ALL mail right away. bank website seemed to be down

2. 5 X a week - exercise for 20 min - 30 min of A Morning Cup of Yoga in the gatehouse at work. That is the last time I am in the gatehouse, or anyone is unless they have a special winter event and my last day is the 7 th. (Seasonal temp)

3. 5 X a week (should cover the week with leftovers) - make sure I have low carb food and have it prepared and ready to go.
  #1289   ^
Old Mon, Dec-31-18, 19:47

Default Day 1 of 5 this week - 90 days ends Jan 9, 2019

Happy New Year's Eve!

1. 5 X a week - check finances, keep tabs on balancing the checkbook, stay aware of credit card interest charges, opening ALL mail right away. With the day job ending, it's pretty scary - looking for a new day job.

2. 5 X a week - exercise for 20 min - 10 min of warm up dancing to Pandora dance station, then Joe Wicks HIIT - this time I got thru 3 rounds of 20 seconds work, 40 seconds rest. The last exercise I have to modify but hope to be able to do it fully as time goes on. 30 min total

3. 5 X a week (should cover the week with leftovers) - make sure I have low carb food and have it prepared and ready to go. The New Years Eve party cook-a-thon begns! Tonight I am making Angels on Horseback (bacon-wrapped oysters), a veggie that is higher carb, roasted (that I have an abundance of), and the Vegetable Napoleons that didn't get made for Christmas. I do have a bottle of Prosecco tonight. Already prepped apple slices for night time, and potato cubes. **Napoleons didn't get made nor the other item...

Last edited by mviesprite : Tue, Jan-01-19 at 19:09.
  #1290   ^
Old Tue, Jan-01-19, 05:57
Forum Moderator

BF:

Happy and Healthy 2019, everyone!

Nov 01 - Jan 30 * Day 61

7/7: 47

Eating:
Yellow days: 19
Red days: 9
Closed Thread