Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-18-13, 12:01

Plan: Paleo/atkins
Stats: 289/155/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 96%
Default Sabotage!!

What on earth is the problem with me!?!? Every stinking time I get under 180 I go AWOL. I'm down 178 pre pregnancy weight lowest I've been ever even High School and I want to go off and cheat.
I'll feel like crap and do badly in my College classes.
Totally self sabotaging!!
Fighting it today.....
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-18-13, 12:07

Plan: SBR/Atkins
Stats: 154/135.5/130 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 77%

I am the same. I've started looking at it like a positive - we are goal oriented people and like a "mission" - when you feel like your mission is complete, you are scared because you were enjoying completing it! You might need a new mission to switch your focus/energy to - it would redirect the sabotage energy, maybe! For me, I am working on starting a new strength training program and learning about that - here's hoping!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-18-13, 14:37

Plan: Paleo/atkins
Stats: 289/155/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 96%

Bahaha I am enjoying it!! My real goal is 150. My Doc says I should be 130 but geeze I'd look like a stick.I hit a stall right after I hit 180. That was the weight I've been since High School. I figure its established fat and needs to be boiled off or something.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jul-24-13, 11:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 176/170/154 Female 157cm
BF:
Progress: 27%

It's okay to have down days just start again tomorrow. Success is being persistent until you reach the finish line. I have had untold amounts of down days but beating yourself up won't help. Having a goal helps and reading stories on success also help. Love yourself and be gentle.xxx