Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-11-12, 14:06

Plan: NANY
Stats: 330/281/170 Female 64.5 inches
BF:Mostly Fried Foods
Progress: 31%
Default How is this possible??

Hi y'all!

I haven't been here in awhile but was planning on coming back in a day or two when I hit my FIFTY POUND MILEsTONE!!! Hahaha, I'm only at 49 pounds right now but I had something weird happen and thought I'd post here.

I started with the New Atkins plan and guess I'm still pretty much doing that but I do eat lots of fresh blueberries and I don't count carbs. I enjoy eating low-carb, lots of fats, meats, veggies, nuts, dairy, and berries. No sugars, no flours, and only once-or-twice-a-month corn-meal battered Southern fried catfish, which doesn't throw me out of ketosis.

However, yesterday I was famished after spending like 12 hours on a miserable road trip and gave in to the wonderful naughty smells emanating from a gas station that had a Subway and Church's fried chicken in it. I ate 1 fried chicken leg, 1 honey-butter biscuit, and a 6-inch Subway Club on white bread with almost every veggie and extra mayo. I knew it would set me back a few days by throwing me out of ketosis and making me retain water from the horribly salty Subway lunchmeat...but today I am still in ketosis. HOW IS THAT??? Those were the only things I ate yesterday...no wait, I had several handfuls of roasted peanuts early in the day...but how on earth can all those carbs from the nutritionally-empty white flour have not thrown me out of ketosis? (TMI alert: I have peed multiple times since then, and it's been about 24 hours since I ate that stuff.)

This boggles my mind!!! What on earth??

Thanks for any insight.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-11-12, 14:48

Plan: Primal Blueprint
Stats: 230/200.7/165 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 45%

Don't question it, just go with it! It's like when the baby's pacifier hits the ground- "kiss it up to God"!

I have had a few mornings where I have dreaded the stick.... Like after I've eaten two CUPS of nuts, 1/4 cup of peanut butter, cheese- bad, bad, bad. But I'm pink. Maybe when we're keto adapted we don't rock out of it as fast. Just make sure you behave and just moooove onnnnn.....
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-11-12, 15:00

Plan: NANY
Stats: 330/281/170 Female 64.5 inches
BF:Mostly Fried Foods
Progress: 31%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WagsMarie
Just make sure you behave and just moooove onnnnn.....

Indeed!

The good news is that those foods have now moved to the "Used To Love It - But Now I Don't Know WHY" list. LOL
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-11-12, 17:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/128/130 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 105%

I think the body might adapt after awhile if its given a long chance to heal itself from years of carbing out. I know after the first four months I can have a carb. without throwing me off. DH had a peice of bday cake yesterday and it didn,t even bounce his blood sugar at all. A few months ago even a bightful would throw him over 200
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jun-12-12, 14:22
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/128/128 Male 5 foot 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Well, good for you! Lol.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jun-12-12, 20:49

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 213/167/165 Male 65 in.
BF:35%/23%/20%
Progress: 96%

Welcome back, cakepro; you popped into my thoughts today. I'm glad to hear that you bounced back from a slip. Some people, when their gut heals from a lifetime of carb abuse, can have some slack with carbs. I guess you're one of those people. I have that slack with nuts. I can eat nearly 1/3 lb of almonds one day, and the scale never shows it the next day.