Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#2011   ^
Old Wed, Nov-18-20, 12:04

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

...... back in few hours......

Edit.......I am so benedryl head fog....... to tired to write...... allergies/sinus
No drama........ Just tired.... every feel that way?!

Back tomorrow..... stay well stay safe..........

Last edited by Jaz66 : Wed, Nov-18-20 at 17:46.
Sponsored Links
  #2012   ^
Old Thu, Nov-19-20, 06:45

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Another day in boring-ville. Not really complaining as we're healthy and warm. I've rounded up some laundry and baked some bacon......that's probably the end of my productivity for the day.

It is supposed to warm up a bit today.......is it possible that I'll venture out for a walk? Hmmm.......

Jaz....hope you're feeling better today.

Nic & Trig
  #2013   ^
Old Thu, Nov-19-20, 07:12

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jaz, a benedryl head fog.....omg too funny!! Hope you are feeling better.

Hey Nicco, hope all good!!

Lori, I will be over for that bacon very soon!!
definitely get out for that walk later if ya can. important for our souls

Hey all
off to mom's in a bit for usual shop and visit
got the propane fireplace roaring. cold, omg I despise it.

kid put her 'rainbow xmas' tree we bought the other day in her room and put lights up around the ceiling molding. She is decked out in that room now HAHA but I won't put up stuff in the house or outside til Tday, just ain't ready til then but boy that is coming soon.

asked family what they want to eat and no one cares. My mom and his mom bowed out of Tday, eh, it is what it is. But then I asked my crew what special to eat and they are all like, who cares? Food is food ya know......hey I like that! I know crab legs or lobster will have to be in my meal tho! Thinking on it.

ZCing along and doing wonderful. Feel great and no cravings and just walking thru my plan as usual.

Got some presents handled. Alot of stuff being shipped to the house. screw shopping LOL Kid wants only her Nintendo Switch which I got....any else I say? Nope. OMG now I gotta buy some small presents to have crap for her to open at least....but won't be a big present xmas....again even my 15 yr old needs nothing...sounds good to me HA

hubby at his week work job. again, loves it and having fun wtih new people at this dealership, says they are all nice.

ok off to get moving and out and about.
be good all and check in later
  #2014   ^
Old Thu, Nov-19-20, 11:05

BF:

Good Morning!

I SOOOOOOO thought today was Friday and said TGIF to my kid...... WHAT?!?!?!?- Brain fog.......

Trig- I don't know how you do it- dealing with sinus crap all the time!!!!!!- They meds kick my butt! I m dealing with seasonal allergies right now. I get it every year this time.

So your mom cancelled TD?!?!- Is that due to Covid? I am sure you might take her something. I think that TD is going to be pretty low key for EVERYONE this year! Good for you that you can do what you want food wise for TD. GO FOR CRAB- YUM

I love the idea you let the kiddo decorate her room!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!! Give the kid some sparkle! Hell we all need a bit of sparkle right now!!!
So my DS has Switch/ he got the first model. He loves his. He has had it I'm guessing 2 years when it first came out. He grew up on Nintendo so it is still in his blood!!!
What type of games does kiddo play? Yup- the older they get the more $$$ the toys.

How is that knee doing? Are you able to get out and do much walking now that the rain has cleared up?

Glad to hear your hubby loves his driving job. Makes him a few $$ and gets him out and you get your space!!!

LORI- - Hey there!!!- Yea I have laundry on my "to do" list too!
I also have bacon that needs cooked up. I brought it out of the freezer so it needs used. I am thinking breakfast egg bake with it.

Is your hubby still working?
Yes a walk would be good- get some fresh air. I am talking to both you and to myself.

So have you gotten your order from amazon with the cream yet? I wanted to get some- I still am. I just haven't gotten there yet, Walgreens has it.

How is your WOE going?!?!- Are you still doing UD/DD?!? EOD?
I love hearing about your meals and how you make them. You are NIC are so creative.

NIC- Speaking of- OK - need check in. Let us know all is well. A quickie is fine! HAHAHAH-
-----------------------------------------------------
I truly got knocked for a Benadryl loop!!! - It makes me fuzzy. It is the only med though I can use due to my BP.
But it takes a day to "clear".

I was an absolute zombie yesterday.

So my Aunt and Uncle are slowly improving. They are home with a ton of meds, breathing treatments, and steroids. It was a wake up call to my mother. She is now "Masking and hand sanitizing". FINALLY!

I am still not sure what I will do for TD. It would just be the 3 of us at this point. Everyone else cancelled, appropriately. She wants me to come and help her put up the tree in the evening, have wine, and watch sappy Christmas movies. After TD dishes are done of course.
I dunno....... I know I am healthy, I told her they had to be as well.
I will decide next week.

Job- I had a conversation with a travel agency and I am not ready. Not doing it.
I want t remote gig. So I am looking at those. I will say those are now far and few between as ALOT of nurses are bailing and burned out and want those jobs too!

Maybe with the new year and a vaccine- something will open up. I am good through then. I expected to be free for the holidays anyway. I was in DE last year if you all remember! So..........

I have not lost that pound- and feel a bit bloaty. I think that meds retain water, sinus meds. So I am not worried. I have been towing the line!!!

I am pretty much- just hanging in. The kids are recovering still. They all still have a cough and now SIL is actively sick. So it will be a min of 3 weeks before I even consider seeing them. We have been Face timing.

So put me in the not much happening, just humming along.
I am thankful I am healthy, happy, and content. Content is enough when the rest of the world is falling apart. I am in my bubble and doing ok- that is enough.

Be well, stay healthy- take a minute to do something nice for yourself today!
  #2015   ^
Old Thu, Nov-19-20, 16:33

BF:

Jaz......yes, I got the Toprocin cream. I used some the other day when my back/hip was bothering me.....haven't thought about the back since, so maybe that's a good sign? I like that it has no odor.....not like Ben Gay or anything.

I think you asked me the other day if I still get Butcher Box? No...I haven't gotten that for a long time. What I started getting now is Grass Roots Farm Coop meat boxes. Grass fed, pastured meats. Delish, but $$$. We loved the tenderloins so much that I broke down and ordered 4 more, plus 5 lbs of ground beef and a boneless, skinless turkey breast. All came frozen solid with dry ice. We'll be eating good for a while! I stopped the Green Chef and all that at least for now. I got tired of following the recipes and DH is not crazy about the different spices etc. We like to eat simply.

You asked about my WOE.......don't ask!! ACK!! Let's just say that I'm doing the best I can right now. Some days better than others. I didn't get out for a walk today....cold wind despite the sun. I did go out for a few minutes and help DH cut some decorative grasses down and carried them to the woods next to us. Very little movement for the day. Off to the golf course for the next few days!! Woohoo!

Off to watch some YouTube videos. Have a good evening!
  #2016   ^
Old Thu, Nov-19-20, 19:08

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all!

Jaz- sorry about your poor stuffy head. That is no fun. DH has a cold that he caught from DS18. I am hoping I don't get it. So far, so good. I take a good bit of vit D and vit B so hopefully that helps too.

Glad the Uncle and Aunt are improving. Good news!

Was it really last Christmas that you were in Delaware? Gosh, it does not seem like that long ago at all!

Lori- I haven't heard of that meat box. I do Butcher Box. My favorite things are the filets and the salmon. I get two pounds of ground beef included too which is nice. I may stock up on some steak and then pause them for a while, but then again it is nice to fall back on if meat gets scarce, especially if I have all the kids back home again.

Trig- LOVE that your DD decorated her room and you supported it. I feel like anything that brings us good cheer during this rough time is well worth it and twinkle lights are a super cheap way to get a spirit lift. Mine have been on faithfully every single evening since November 1!

Oooh a Nintendo switch! My youngest has one of those. I find with all my kids that as they get older they only want a one or two, but usually pretty pricey, things. Then like you I round it out a bit with bits and bobs.

•••••••••

Worked with the little today and will do so again tomorrow. After that we are down to only three more visits, all in December. He is a sweet baby and I enjoy him, and I will also be glad to wind this up. Taking a break then for a few months unless something irresistible falls into my lap- it is just too stressful during this Pandemic to work with newborns. Too much risk IMO of what I could inadvertently bring to a family. I'll reevaluate come March or so.

So after much, much deliberating, only my family (as in DH, kids and I) are going to be going to the condo in Memphis. Infection rates are very high where my brother lives, and my Dad and SM are too old (and thus at risk) to be traveling and/or around those of us who might bring risk to them. But, the condo is paid for and there is no reason for it to sit empty while we sit at home. So off we go. Then we quarantine upon our return until we test and get a negative result back.

So far we aren't planning on doing much. Outdoor stuff, most especially the Zoo. DH and I have a ticket to go to Graceland but we are going to play it by ear. IF masks are required and IF they have a limited number of people, we might still go. I have wanted to go since I was about 11 years old so I will be sad if we don't get to go, but I won't be stupid about it either. We will see.

Other than that, we will do some walking around and some take out. There is ping pong, fooseball and shuffleboard there along with games and such, so I think it will be a good time. I hope so!

Still haven't reined myself in but a decision being made helps. I am feeling more calm now, so that's good. I was really wigging out there for a while.
  #2017   ^
Old Fri, Nov-20-20, 05:31

BF:

Jazz, happy to hear your aunt and uncle are doing better! whew on that one!

just chill and 'check jobs' but don't go crazy ya know til after the holidays now. Jan and all the big hoopla is over and you can focus on what kind of job you want. You got alot of options and that is wonderful.

Girl it is cold as snot here now LOL and while I 'live in the South', heck ya never know it. OMG when my opportunity comes I am going South come heck or highwater and into warm weather and never looking back, ever HAHA I am freezing my butt off here now ugh

Lori I so understand your being tired of Green Chef, cause those recipes need to come with a Chef delivered to your door in the box HA I can't 'do recipe' cooking anymore either, my life has to be very simple. hubby will cook some 'of his type of recipes' which are frightening to me when he wants them but other than that, food on a plate has to be very simple in prep. I so get that!

Enjoy your golf coming up!

Nicco, yea it is those bits and bobs she doesn't even want. I said WHAT else can I get, anything, and she is like I want nothing....which is great but 1 present to open ain't gonna cut it LOL I was like, your fancy face washes, something for your bedroom, something you might want while we rv camp? like anything crafty, art supplies and more and she says, I got all I need and I was like, omg......it is xmas everyday for her anyway ya know. She got all she needs. So even the bits and bobs are gonna be very little this year. Will be a very fun xmas day but sad on presents around here HAHA but not truly sad, just not many cause no one needs anything or even wants anything....but I guess that is good? who knows LOL

Super cool on you guys finding that you want to go to Memphis and enjoy. I hope Graceland has tours still......I tell ya everything I am checking is flat out closed or cancelled. I am one step bonker crazy on my trips now.....I mean, ugh, lol.....

glad you got that calm feeling. I get that too when crap is in the air too long but when a decision is made it settles it all right back down to normal again!

Hey guys
all good
had super cravings last night but got thru them.
no junky carbs past my lips LOL
I bought junk crap kid wanted and alot of what she asked for was stuff I loved.....usually she wants her crap she likes and I never did, but this time more stuff I did love came into the house and yea, my tiny brain focused on it and made me so wanna eat it Oh well.....I can't justify eating that stuff anymore, and if I can't justify it truly I ain't gonna eat it so I got thru the evening better!!

today is dog groom at 12
omg he needs it so bad

then me and kid get haircuts at 2
omg we both need it

then home to do nothing. I got a 'kinda sinusy headache' feeling going down and I ain't gonna be in the mood to do too much.....I think with the bits of cleaning I am doing with the chemical products got to my sinus also. I am not a vinegar water fan but I think I will go buy some of those 'green cleaners' cause at some point smelling this chemical cleaner crap is just giving me head fuzzies a bit. Will go smell some 'green fresh products' when out and about.....you guys use any of that green cleaner stuff? I never really checked into it but will now.

zc going well
got steak and shrimp planned for today

they got buy1, get1 jumbo shrimp on sale right now. fab price. got 4 packs the other day and today I am hitting the store and getting at least 4 more, maybe 8 packs but freezer getting full and need to use what I do have in there first.

over and out and be good all
  #2018   ^
Old Fri, Nov-20-20, 08:59

BF:

Good Morning!

Quick check-in before heading to the golf course. A beautiful day!

We had an "exciting" start to our morning. We woke up around 5 and decided to get up. No sign of Gabby. I came down to the kitchen as usual and she was in the living room acting strange. She wouldn't come to the kitchen for her breakfast or leave the area around our recliners and side table. I knew something was "up". Yep....she had a mouse. It was going under our little side table and around by the wall and her cat tree etc. I got DH a plastic grocery bag to put over his hand and sent him in to action! The mouse wasn't moving very fast, I think Gabby had him mostly worn out. It just took a few seconds for DH to grab him with the bag and toss him out back. It took a couple hours of prowling around for Gabby to give up the thought that it was still in here. She was driving me crazy! I have heard that mice don't like the smell of peppermint, so I took some cotton balls and put peppermint essential oil on them and put them under my kitchen sink and in the corner of the kitchen. The house smells yummy! Hope it works as I really don't want to have a repeat performance of this morning.
--------
Jaz.......hope you're feeling much better today. I know it's a tough decision about Tgiving. We'll be here at home except to take dinner to Betty and spend some time with her.

Trig....Xmas is tough for me and the grandkids too. I don't know what to get them and DD has yet to give me any ideas. I think I'll fix a gift bag with treats and this and that and then give them each $$. They are all old enough to appreciate the green stuff.

Nic.....Glad you and the family will be going to Memphis for a little getaway. Sorry that the rest of the family can't join you, but it's probably for the best. This virus is running rampant.

--------
Ok....off I go...time to chase the little ball around for a few hours!
  #2019   ^
Old Fri, Nov-20-20, 10:09

BF:

Trig- At least your DD isn't pushing for a bunch of stuff she doesn't really want. Considerate of her!

Yay for grooming and haircuts! And good for you for resisting. I have been very weak in that area lately. I will need to get my mojo back!

Lori- We can join you in the mouse wars except I don't know what ours is yet. DS18, who sleeps in the basement, has something that sounds not-small and quite noisy moving around in the walls by his room. OMG! He had me hear it last night and it sounds scary. I'll call to have someone out when we get back bc if they set a trap while we are gone and it dies.. ugh!

Have fun playing golf!

•••••••••••

Well, as 2020 goes, it continues to bring surprises and keeps us on our feet. I woke up with a sore throat this morning, mild but definitely there, so I canceled the baby care ( I hope he doesn't get it) and then mulled over what I should do re: Memphis. With having Menieres, flying with a cold could kick off my vertigo, which I absolutely do not want to do. So after discussing with DH, I will drive and the others will go as planned. No money lost there bc I was a free companion fare anyway, and this way we can cancel the car rental as well. Overall I don't mind driving bc I will listen to music and podcasts and keep myself entertained. I will stop overnight bc it is a long drive for sure, about 13 and a half hours. I am thinking I will do somewhere between 8-10 on day one, depending on how I feel. I will plan to arrive in Memphis around the time that the others will land and get them from the airport. It will be a full car with all the extra stuff I am packing.. not sure how that will go. I may need to drop some stuff off at the condo if they will let me.

Other positives of this is that I can pack Lysol and cleaning products, games, and kitchen stuff that would have been hard to take on a flight.

So anyway, a decent amount to do today to get ready to go- figure out what I will take, empty out the fridge, print out dog care instructions, make other arrangements with a neighbor for mail/paper etc. Stuff like that, that I had planned to do tomorrow.

DS22 flies in from SC tomorrow and then they all head out on Sunday. I am not worried really about the flying aspect. There has been little to no links of C19 and flying and they will have their masks on all the time in the airport and flying. I am sending them each with a pack of Wet Ones and their own Purell. DH is under strict instructions to make them wipe down arm rests, tray table locks, tray tables etc on the plane and to have them wash hands at the airport.

So, busy day for me today. Just gonna knock out things one at a time.
  #2020   ^
Old Fri, Nov-20-20, 10:17

BF:

Good Morning LOVELIES

NIC- I was thinking about you this morning and your TD plans as I listened to the news this morning. They are now saying unless the family member lives under your roof, the answer should be no.
That is really rough. But if what they are saying is true, which I know it is- it is going to be a really rough winter.

I am somewhat relieved for you that your family came to that conclusion as hard as it is. I do hope you all have a great time though as a family unit in a different venue!

Crossing fingers that DH keeps the cold to himself! HAHA- no sharing that!
As far as not taking in more clients right now is totally on point. Too risky!!!!! Sighhhhhhhhh It is the world we live in right now!

Enjoy your time with family, enjoy your food, and get back on plan when you get home! You will.

TRIG- Girl if you are heading south, detour this way and pick me up!!!!

You know I think it is very mature of the kiddo to realize that she really does have everything she NEEDS and WANTS. So put in some fluffy wool socks and maybe some new pajamas, and some lip gloss and your done with "filler" stuff. She will love her Switch- you could add a new game or two with it too!
My DS likes Zelda, but there are tons of downloads you can buy. You need to set up a free account and then you just buy the games from there.

I love shrimp too! I eat so much of it!!!! My freezer is packed with seafood and steak still. Eating my way through it! Huge blessing!

Is your MIL coming for TD? - You haven't spoken about her. No news is good news these days ya know!!!

LORI- - You are still playing golf? Impressive!!!! I can't "do" cold!!!
Who are you playing with today?
How is your leg doing? Is the cream helping with that?

OMG- your story of the mouse had me cracking up! Your DH let it go right?!?!?!?! I am such a sucker for animals- even if I would won't them in my house..............
funny your Gabby wore it out- poor thing!!!

I LOVE the smell of peppermint......... I used it in my diffuser.......I wished I had brought it with me!!! Truly on that!
----------------------------------------------------------------

All- beautiful day on tap here!!! Blue skies, and 60's. I think that I will get a walk in for sure!!!!!!

I am hold steady on my 10 pound loss and nothing more. I did lose all that bloat this week though will all my "gut cleansing". I am now starting to wonder if my gallbladder is the issue. I had it looked at 15 years ago and it was "sluggish" then. So I dunno- I am just going to continue to eat clean.

I am really struggling with should I or shouldn't I go to mom's for TD. I am so torn over it. It would be one thing if I wasn't in the state like last year.
She is really really wanting me to come. Sighhhhhhh- So I lock myself in the apt for the next 3 months and see nobody?

However the CDC - is really coming out hard about what a "household" is. They are saying that if that person doesn't LIVE under the same roof- so no. Sighhhhhhhhhh What to do?????
It is stressing me out. I know that only I can answer that. My comfort level.

Add to the fact I am single.........urghhhhhhhhh
So if I say no to my mom- I would need to cut off the kids for awhile too!!!!- OMG I just hate 2020. What a !~#$% year.
So I am at risk for myself from the kids- and I am the one who could potentially pass it to my mom. Sucks.......
But you know that I am but one of millions of people struggling with this very issue!

It won't just be TD- It will be Christmas as well. The vaccine will not be ready until Jan/Feb. - So we will be closing ALL the holidays.
Trust me- they are going to add Christmas to the list, they just want to get past TD first.

What to do?!?!?!?- Sorry- I am sure NIC this was your struggle!!!

WOE- believe it or not- I am doing well. I am pretty much just eating out of my freezer. Steaks, Shrimp, Hamburger, crab legs- seriously good food.

I am going to put some serious time today into apply for remote jobs. I know I will take a small paycut. But I really don't care. I am ready to move forward. I have options. I also know it will take a minute. I haven't been real focused on it lately. But I thought about it this morning that there needs to be a plan after here.
I have pulled a Trig moment and just buried my head in mindless sappy Hallmark movies and Netflix- making the world disappear.

Ok ladies- be well, be safe! Thankful we have each other!!!!

Blue- if you reading along- you are thought of today, I hope you are doing well!!!

Last edited by Jaz66 : Fri, Nov-20-20 at 14:40.
  #2021   ^
Old Fri, Nov-20-20, 15:06

BF:

Back......... last to post..........

Played in Wall Street..... Today was a BUY day as the markets were in the toilet! Beautiful, that means next week will be good, fingers crossed.

I turned down a job- 2 actually. They were in facilities- with a 20% decrease in staff and 100% increase in Covid. they were offering crises pay.
You know there just isn't enough pay right now for me. I am blessed beyond I can say no. Not everyone can- I can't wait for this to be ...... whatever normal is going to look like going forward.

So I decided to go to mom's for TG. I will get there about noon and have dinner and play it by ear. She is asking for me to help her put up the tree on Friday. I really do love helping with that- something we have done, and can do without fighting.

My DS just let me know he will not be coming at all until sometime next Spring. That sorta put a huge damper on my day, and I totally support him and respect him for it.

Along those same lines I ask my mom to not go to any store between now and TG. I am picking up my things tomorrow from curbside to avoid crowds. I put my order in today.
I will be doing that going forward. Christmas will be Amazon gift cards and call it a day.

Avoiding crowds at all cost!

I am sorta bummed today- just a low level sad........... I know I am so blessed in so many ways, but it is there. I am just being honest.
I know many are feeling the same way.......... oh well......

Off to make my crab legs and shrimp. Going to Netflix after I have my Linner.......

Have a great afternoon
  #2022   ^
Old Sat, Nov-21-20, 06:53

BF:

Ohhhhhh....Hoping one of you has posted.

Woke up to bright sunshine! That is always helpful! I am feeling a bit better - not so in the dumps. I am thinking I am going to have a total unplug from news today. I really don't care if the world goes to Hello in a hand basket.

I need a day of sunshine, and music to a up beat.

Trig- Did you and kiddo get your hair cuts? Nothing makes you feel better as a woman than beautiful hair! Speaking as a former hair dresser it really makes a day! I really loved the moment a lady can see a new hairstyle and LOVES IT!

I remember one day a young lady came in with hair down to her waist in a pony tail and ask me to just chop it off from the ponytail. I found out she was donating it for Locks of Love. She she got a free haircut- but I gave her a cute shoulder bob. Changed her entire look.

What's the eating plan today? Shrimp Alfredo.........yum?!?!?
Is Your knee feeling any better?!
Enjoy some sun!!!! FOR SURE !

Lori- any mouse updates?!?!?- You sleeping in?!?!!?- Surprised to not see you here!!!!

How was your game yesterday!

Nic- Did your DH recover from his cold? Those seem to linger this time of year with all the mold from the wet leaves and all.
Hoping you stay healthy!

When are you all leaving for your trip?! Are you excited?
-----------------------------------------------------------
Finishing coffee and then off to get curbside order to trunk! Not dealing with crowds.

Back after someone updates- see above two posts!!
  #2023   ^
Old Sat, Nov-21-20, 07:06

BF:

Lori.....MOUSE IN THE HOUSE.....love it. Cool cat to be hunting that sucker!
yea the holidays get sadder when the kids flip to money as what is best for them but hey it is...they get what they want later when they want it! My kid is there now too. I do miss tho when the little kids rip open a ton of presents and go wild ya know....but hey we all grow up

Nicco.....hey you guys got a good plan.
Sorry on that cold and possible flying to trigger vertigo. My MIL has it and boy it can nail ya to the wall. Long darn drive tho of course you would see it as 'relax time' right LOL I would You guys got a long day tomorrow, safe driving and when ya hit Memphis enjoy the heck out of it best ya can!!

I am 'hanging' on booking my trip or not. Thing is we wanted Christmasy stuff and everything is canceled. Truly canceled. No Xmas parades or events or walking around at night at botanical gardens, no Santa around or zilch. Which I get but geez, like Jaz said in her post this 2020 is a real %^$~* for sure for all of us. I don't like being in unplanned land, I am a planner type and when uncertainty screws up my plans, ugh I can get whack on that LOL
oh well, I best chill til I see what is going down.

Jazz, yea I would not be going into covid war zone. Hell no, you do have that luxury of not working that situation. Smart. Just keep looking cause that one perfect job will hit in and plus after Xmas, in Jan/Feb way more jobs will be listed.....like in Jan. that job in St Simon or Hilton Head? was a possibility? So yea in a bit of time I would think alot newer jobs will hit, even if the holiday is wonky right now, alot of companies don't hire or get their ducks in a row til Jan anyway....so hold on, great job is coming your way.

Yea, I will swing by and get ya and then our azzes will head down to Miami area for a nice beach trip.......omg to wish right?

--------------So all good
dog I have to say is finally 'pretty'. He got so fuzzy and scuzzy thru that seizure time and all and my baths are nothing like theres.....he is perfection right now. And honest to gosh he 'prances around' after a grooming....he knows he looks fine HAHA

me and kid got haircuts we like...all good there. Jennifer said she ain't closing shop unless state ordered. She said they control amt of appts, mask wearing, wiping down stuff etc. and she said she can not afford to volunatarily close so I should be able to get more haircuts from her and not have to worry she will close. I hope crap isn't state mandatory anymore but we shall see what goes down as this stuff moves forward.

hubby working his Sat job driving. He had a great week. Now back to his normal stuff. He liked the people at the other dealership. This job suits him, he is a 'people' person where I truly am not.....he just enjoys chatting wtih the salesmen and more and I enjoy being home without him.....win/win HAHA

TA DA----ain't much but I got a down .2 on my lowest. means the scale might give me more or just ever so slowly inching my way down. slow as heck but means nothing cause I am just gonna keep zc'ing my way thru life. It is my lifestyle now...no doubt about that. So I got 2.2 down for Nov. so far and will take it LOL

off to little close grocery for a few items.

oh Jaz, MIL isn't doing Tday. None of the oldies wanna come and I get it We are doing small filet mignon, big pile of old bay seasoned peel/eat shrimp and I am making them veggie/tater skewers of roasted veg etc. for them to eat as a side and of course hubby wants some type of bread, probably just small dinner rolls. that is Tday meal here for the 3 of us.

ok over and out, gotta get some stuff done. dealing with damn sinus but pills helped alot so I need to move before my head gets weirder I got some rum drinks on my mind for today but I think I might have to pass, my head is not in a great zone and booze will just murder me but darn it, I DESERVE a few drinks don't I? eh, will see.

be good everyone
  #2024   ^
Old Sat, Nov-21-20, 08:30

BF:

Good Morning!

Yes....I've been up a long time.....since 4:30. No mouse this morning...she woke me up for her breakfast! Now she is off somewhere sleeping. My life.

Heading to the golf course again today. Yesterday was brutal. I just didn't have my swing. There are days like that. I'm hoping today is different. On the plus side, the weather yesterday was just perfect. Today is not quite as nice, but still doable. My friend wants to play tomorrow, but it is only going to be in the 40's and cloudy.....I'm going to try to change her mind and cancel the tee time.

I think I'm teetering on the edge of depression too. Just really down lately feeling like there is nothing to look forward to. The next 3-4 months are going to be a long, slow slog.

Nothing else happening here. It feels like Sunday to me since we played golf yesterday. The days just blur one to the next. Hoping I feel better after getting some fresh air today.

Have good days!
  #2025   ^
Old Sat, Nov-21-20, 18:08

BF:

Hi everyone,

Quick check in from me. Looooooooonnnnngg Day for me- left the house at 4:30 AM to start driving and put in ten hours of driving (not counting stops for gas etc) Still have a little over 3 hours to go tomorrow. I will arrive in Memphis, drop off the stuff that I had put in the car and then pick up all the others at the airport. I have them packed with super strong sanitizer, masks and wipes for the airport/plane and strict instructions. I think they will be good about following them.

I made good time driving, no major traffic or back ups, but I was drinking SO MUCH FLUID because my throat is scratchy. You know what I mean? I kept taking sips of water to ease the scratchiness and so I kept having to stop at rest areas to pee. I must have stopped at least 8 times, no kidding. It was so irritating. My hands are practically raw from washing and sanitizing all day long. Plus when I arrived at the hotel I came in with Lysol and disinfectant wipes and cleaned stuff. Will do the same with the condo, even though it is being cleaned before we come also. I want to hit door knobs, light switches, bathrooms and faucets, etc. Plus general surface cleaning. After that you just cross your fingers.

Oh, and in true 2020 fashion, a pebble or something got spit into my windshield and cracked it. First time that has ever happened to me. So I guess I'll have to get that taken care of. It's about a 6 inch crack, so not small.

Ok, I'm gonna chill a bit. I think it is only 6 here but I only slept from about 1 AM to 3:30 AM so I am due for some rest!

Hugs to all. Hopefully will do some catching up while 'on vacation' this week!