Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 09:56

Plan: atkins
Stats: 198/180/135 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 29%
Question can you eat blimpie lc wraps on induction

Well, Im hearing eeryone talk about how good these wraps are and I was wondering if you can eat them on induction. Please let me know. Im thinking about getting one for lunch.
Thanks
Regina
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 09:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286/219/130 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 43%

Since you aren't allowed to have bread on induction and the tortilla wrap is considered a bread you shouldn't have it. You could probably have it in the Ongoing Weight Loss phase.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 09:59

BF:

atkins website said you can hae his bread during induction. But I guess its not the same . Im just looking for something quick and different.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 10:07

Stats: 286/219/130 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 43%

Do you usually eat out at lunch or can you bring your own lunch? If you can bring your own there are some really nice quiche recipes in the recipe forum that you can make cut into portions and freeze. Then grab one for your lunch. There are a great variety of them there and they taste different. I love the Deep Dish Pizza Quiche, THe breakfast Quiche and the Enchilada bake. All with distinctly different tastes.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 10:09

BF:

sounds great!!! Can you eat them on induction?
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 11:01
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

The Atkins site lists alot of things that are suposedly ok on induction. that is the marketing department basicaly listing anything below I think it's 5g net as ok for induction.

Stick to the allowed foods list for the first two weeks. Don't get tricked into buying all the expencive LC junk foods. Not only are they likely to stall you, they cost a small fortune.

At walmart they had Think Thin spaghetti sauce at $4 a jar. I compaired it to the Ragu Lite I usually get at $1.64 a jar. They had the same net carbs. The Ragu light had slightly more grams of sugar, but it was all natural tomato sugars, none added. It also had alot less sodium, fat, and calories.

Basically don't go out and spend alot of money on things with LC written on the lable. Occasionaly they do make good convience foods, but they shouldn't be a part of your everyday diet. Instead focus on healthy whole foods including fresh or frozen veggies, unprocessed meats, and so on.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 12:39

Stats: 351/229.6/200 Male 73 inches (that's 6'1)
BF:??%%/24.5%
Progress: 80%

Atkins Rule #4 for Induction direct from the Atkins website:

Eat absolutely no fruit, bread, pasta, grains, starchy vegetables or dairy products other than cheese, cream or butter. Do not eat nuts or seeds in the first two weeks. Foods that combine protein and carbohydrates, such as chickpeas, kidney beans and other legumes, are not permitted at this time.

That cannot be any clearer. No bread, no wraps.

OG
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 13:04

Stats: 190/147/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Subway has LC Atkins wraps. It says right in the store they are not suitable for induction. They are also about 11 carbs with all the fillings. Wait until after induction.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jan-06-04, 15:08

Stats: 203.5/192.5/135 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

I still don't really understand some of the concepts I guess but I have read DANDR. I guess it just has to do with peoples bodies reacting differently to everything. I lost my mind on days 3 and 4 of induction and had 1/3 cup raspberries each day.. and I am only on day 9 of induction and I am down 11lbs. However, since that didn't impact me, I tried to sneak 1/2 of an Atkins Caramel Chew and I only lost 1/2lb that night. Being a bad person and forgetting that it would cause cravings, I figured I could handle only losing 1/2lb and the next night decided to do the same thing.. only I also had 1/2 of a chocolate peanut butter Advantage bar.. and barely any other carbs.. and I didn't lose anything that day. Now I am back to playing induction fair and square. I do get nervous about losing weight too quickly though. Another thread talked about eating less than the 20 carbs helping you lose weight faster and the response seemed to be an overwhelming no, mentioning that it's quite unhealthy to do so, but not considering the health aspects, I think eating less than your 20 carbs may indeed help you lose faster depending on how you're usually spending those 20 carbs.

Last edited by monkeygirl : Tue, Jan-06-04 at 15:16.