Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Tue, Aug-29-06, 11:40

Plan: low carb
Stats: 185/177/145 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:Too much/21%/22%
Progress: 20%

My eating today is pretty good too. I had:

b-turkey sausage, mock danish (I am addicted to these) I use 2 oz. cream cheese nuke it in the micro for 25 seconds, then mix up an egg and a squirt of vanilla SF syrup, nuke for 2 minutes, put smart balance on it, sprinkle some splenda and cinnamon on top and
L-rotisserie chicken with LC coleslaw
D-sub sandwich on whole wheat roll (ham & turkey and I will not eat the whole roll), a LC Mike's Lemonade and SF Red Bull. (We are going to a concert tonight and are tailgating)
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Wed, Aug-30-06, 08:54
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I did pretty well yesterday because I felt like poo. I am pretty sure my meds for my arthritis were causing the GI symptoms. I was in the bathroom all day yesterday. It has been more than 24 hours now since I've taken them and I'm feeling better. Well, my gut is. My arthritis isn't.

This morning I made a flax muffin that actually puffed up over the container I microwaved it in, so that it LOOKED like a muffin! I cut it into pieces and put berries and berry juice all over it, which is soaked up. Tasted good!
  #123   ^
Old Wed, Aug-30-06, 10:14
Dazilous

Plan: NeanderkIF
Stats: 140/114/110 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 87%

Thanks Nancy. I love that one of the possible side effects is "discouragement". Hope the arthritis starts behaving itself

I am taking Oil of Oregano to see if anything happens that suggests yeast or something. Only been 3 days. Tried it once before and had D; well it happened again last night, I actually passed undigested food as well. Eeuuuwwwww. Been headachy, feeling heavy, sleepy, allergic and very very bloated. Whee!
  #124   ^
Old Wed, Aug-30-06, 10:23
Experimenter

BF:

I saw your post on that thread. That has been me for the last several days. I think I learned the true meaning of "fecal incontinence".
  #125   ^
Old Wed, Aug-30-06, 14:48
Dazilous

BF:

Several days? My GAWD, you poor thing! Got all the windows open, I hope? Sent all pets to a kennel? Put all plants outside?

I haven't had such a horrific episode since I ate brussels sprouts.
  #126   ^
Old Wed, Aug-30-06, 14:58
Experimenter

BF:

LOL! Ok, perhaps not as bad as that. Geez, I hope it wasn't a brussel sprout that came through undigested...
  #127   ^
Old Wed, Aug-30-06, 17:37
Dazilous

BF:

Ouch! Nope.

Tomato and beef.

Enjoy THAT visual.
  #128   ^
Old Wed, Aug-30-06, 17:54

It sounds like you both are much worse off than me. Thank godness. I was gassy (burping) a lot after dinner. It may have been the tomato. I sit here burping away. I had, rotisserie chicken, mozz & tomato and LC coleslaw. Unless it is the dairy in the coleslaw. I didn't notice it after lunch and I had coleslaw for lunch too.

I started using soy milk creamer in my coffee in the morning and I really need to go back to rinking it with SF syrup only. The soy is bothering my stomach.
  #129   ^
Old Wed, Aug-30-06, 18:39
Experimenter

BF:

Maybe it was
Quote:
D-sub sandwich on whole wheat roll
?
  #130   ^
Old Thu, Aug-31-06, 09:58

The sub from the night before? It is possible. I didn't think that food from 24 hours before would effect me in such a way. I seemed to be fine yesterday morning and afternoon it wasn't until after dinner that I started burping like crazy.

I have given up all breads for the longest time. Once in a blue moon I eat whole wheat.
  #131   ^
Old Thu, Aug-31-06, 11:26
Experimenter

BF:

Yeah, autoimmune reactions to food are delayed. That's why when you follow an elimination diet you should only make one change every 3-4 days. Some people have reactions immediate, some not so quickly. It takes up to 72 hours for a food to make it's way from mouth to toilet so anywhere along the way you could react.
  #132   ^
Old Thu, Aug-31-06, 16:23

That's good to know. I am doing well today. I am eating more dairy these days and seem to be okay. I am cutting out the soy and no wheat for a while.
  #133   ^
Old Sat, Sep-02-06, 09:29
Dazilous

BF:

Just wanted to report that I made it through a Friday evening with NO CHIPS. No snacking at all, in fact. And I am feeling SOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!

Am actively saving up for Enterolab tests. I really want them done. Maybe I'll put that on my Xmas list!

Shay, how do you feel being wheat/soy free? I'm starting to think everyone should be wheat-free.
  #134   ^
Old Sat, Sep-02-06, 12:08

I feel good. No bloat, no gas, no distress. The little bit of dairy I have been eating makes me burp a little but I am dealing with it.
  #135   ^
Old Wed, Sep-06-06, 08:28
Dazilous

BF:

So I went to my doc yesterday, after not seeing her for a while, and she's started a new, integrated practice which included a naturopath and a dietician who specializes in celiac (has even written a book on it, which I am going to check out to see her take on things). Anyway, pretty much all she could do for me was order a blood panel: endomysial antibodies, anti-gliadin antibodies and tissue transglutamine antibodies. I haven't been eating gluten so I wonder if it's even worth the bother and expense, since these tests aren't covered by our health care. I mean, better to spend the money with Enterolab I think, in this case. Thoughts, Nancy? Could I eat a little bit of gluten and have it show up in the blood? (I am doubting this, and don't really want to anyway)

I've been such a good girl with my eating My bloat puffed up though after eating chicken last night - I knew the sauce had vinegar in it, and I am staying on a yeast-killing diet as well but I bought a 15-day treatment kit thing so thought hey, we'll go for some good, Portuguese chicken. Blew up. So I am fairly certain that candida factors in here as well. I am starting the treatment thing on Saturday - it's a combo of herbs in pill and tincture form. Could be fun stuff! I also got a probiotic (refrigerated). Doc suggested enzymes as well. Had any experience with these?