Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1291   ^
Old Fri, Sep-09-22, 06:31

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Take #2. I had a paragraph written and hit the wrong combo of keys and *poof*. Sigh.....

Anyway, easing into what is going to be a hectic morning. I'm meeting "M" at Betty's around 9:30 to get started. "M" will give her a bed bath and get her changed and then we'll get her up and transferred to her wheelchair and then to the beauty shop chair to get her hair washed. Give me strength. So glad to have "M" to help me.....she's been a God send. Hopefully we'll be finished and have her back to her bed by 11:30.

We have a guy coming to our house at Noon to give us an estimate on putting a liner in our chimney(that vents our furnace). It is an old brick chimney and in order to keep it from slowly disintegrating, we have to put a liner in it. Good-bye to a pile of $$$.

---------

Trig....So sorry about the sciatic pain. Horrible. I hope it eases up for you. Take it easy today.

Jaz.....If the way that company operates is to just ghost people, you don't want to be involved with them. Very sloppy business practice. What are you up to this weekend? How are repairs to your apt. coming?

Nic.....No down time for you after the wedding weekend! Right to the start of your classes. So glad you're enjoying them. When do you head back to DE?

----------

Yesterday I got out for a 1.5 mile walk. I was going to go further, but after about a mile, I started to feel unwell. Legs felt shaky and broke out in a cold sweat. WTH? I had taken myself out for breakfast(avocado toast..yum), so it wasn't low blood sugar. I came home and ate lunch and drank some water. Felt ok after that. Who the he!! knows?

Well, I have to start pulling myself together. I'm going to put on my "patience pants" and get this job done.

Later!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Fri, Sep-09-22 at 06:39.
Sponsored Links
  #1292   ^
Old Fri, Sep-09-22, 10:16

BF:

I'm back! The washing of the hair is done, plus bath and clean bed etc. Whew! It took us about 1.5 hours. It went pretty well....not too much trouble transferring her in and out of bed and to the beauty shop chair. It is a weight off my shoulders to have it done.

Now waiting for the chimney guy to arrive. I hope he shows up. I'm happy to be home for the afternoon and have my "work for the day" over with!

Hope all are well!
  #1293   ^
Old Fri, Sep-09-22, 10:47

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

DOT- Need some food and then BRB.
  #1294   ^
Old Fri, Sep-09-22, 12:08

BF:

Yum- LC sloppy joe. I could eat that everyday and not get tired of it.

Trig- I am so sorry about those sciatic issues. I know that is VERY painful! Does a heating pad help? You are right. Pain takes one out fast!
A hot tub about now would be PERFECT (WINK WINK WINK).

Glad you have a putter day and can rest that hip!!!!!!

Any more news on the house? Kiddo still liking school?

Lori- - You know that comment about feeling shaky and all is sorta disturbing. Add that to the rash, and itching? Any bite marks on you? Bullseye bruises? Thinking outside the box here! hummmmmmm keep an eye on all that!

Glad you were able to get Betty all buffed and puffed. How long does that "last"?

Yay- VA around the corner! When is departure date? IS sis excited? I sure hope you are feeling better fast!

Nic- - Loved Loved Loved your post. You sound so grounded and happy! I am thrilled you are headed back to the "Nest".
Wow- you sure jump in with both feet! Book clubs, social events, MOW's, goodness. Your Calander will surely fill up!

Where did the "kids" go for their honeymoon? I am so happy that was such a great event with no drama or issues!
I might have to look up the books you are reading. I will let you know if I lay my hands on any.

I love that you are journaling.
----------------------------------------------------------------

I rarely wake up hungry but I was starving and held off until noon. It's fine. I will just eat a bit "lighter" later. Nothing is off plan, so it's fine.
I am just into "grazing". So I will just have a light meal at the end of the day and call it a day.

Cleaning up a tad before the "kid/son" stops by tomorrow. He will be here for a day and then head home.
He said his time in St. Simon has been really good. Although it is supposed to rain starting tonight and keep raining all weekend- here too! Soggy weekend in store.

I am really lacking motivation both yesterday and today to do ANYTHING related to a job hunt. My head space is just not there. So, I will not force myself. I totally think that self-care wins here. I will be back at it in a day or so.

Just feeling as blah as the gray skies today. Might go fold a load of laundry.............OR NOT.......

Later after I get this attitude adjusted!
  #1295   ^
Old Sat, Sep-10-22, 03:17

BF:

Good Morning!

Up WAY too early this morning. 3:30....what?? Gabby was sleeping at the foot of the bed and got down and started stomping around. I think she knew that I was awake and thought it was time to get up. I was ready, though I'll be regretting it by late this afternoon. Heading to the golf course around 9 this morning. This will probably be my last time to play until I get back from my trip. I think it's going to pour down rain tomorrow. I don't really mind as it'll be nice to have a day to get all my stuff done before heading to DSis's on Monday afternoon. I called her yesterday....we are both SO ready to just get there. I think we're leaving at the crack of dawn on Tuesday morning. We want to avoid some of the traffic that is terrible near Philly.

Yeah, that episode while I was out walking was odd. I haven't felt anything close to that since. It really felt like low blood sugar...and it didn't last long. My itching is much improved and I really don't have any rash anymore. Enough of that.
------------

Jaz......Enjoy your son's quick visit. Am I remembering correctly that he is taking a job in GA?

Trig....Hope the sciatic pain is better today.

Nic....What are you up to this weekend?

-----------

Time for another cup of coffee. I also have to do my daily check of VA Beach weather for next week.
  #1296   ^
Old Sat, Sep-10-22, 06:28

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori, yea that walk episode is wild. Kinda out of the blue but if you feel ok, then could easily be low blood sugar. Just keep feeling ok will ya please

Glad you got Betty buffed and puffed LOL I like the way Jazz said that

We are in big rain right now. Coming to you....3 days of it I think with monday being the big Tstorms around. Hope your VA weather holds well thru this crap around us.

Jazz you got like 3 days of rain coming around your area I think like me, you got time to do your work crap later. Just throw out some online jobs and see what bites.

yea nerve leg bullsh** is feeling better but still babying it all....but much improved. Oh man I hate when this goes down

Nicco, you got alot 'to do' but fun stuff for you!
Let us know how all your good stuff you are adding is going for ya. I can't do online classes.....I have the attention span of a gnat. be interesting to see how ya do on all that.

-------------rain rain go away. 3 days of it. raining now. tomorrow and monday Tstorms. ok....BOO

got pork ribs cooking right now. Yes I want them LOL
got chick or burger for tonight when I eat a second meal.
easy peasy

hubby working
kid sleeping
dog sleeping

wish I could sleep. I got up at 2:30....OMG A NAP will be in order.

I been going very slow with weirdo leg issues.....so I turn on tv at 9 watching, heck I can't remember even, and bam, woke up wide awake at 2:30 with tv on and I am like, huh, where am I? what day is it? I won't make it long til I shut down for the day. tv couch tater action for me. head a bit wonky so taking sinus drugs now with low pressure storms on me. I am now getting tired, at 8:30 in the morning ugh.....heehee.....ahh the way it goes for us sometimes right!!

rock on.....we got this....the thing called life? I hope....wee....
  #1297   ^
Old Sat, Sep-10-22, 07:50

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

GOOD GOD you people getting up at 2:30 and 3:30 in the morning! I literally do not know how you get through the day! Trig, I hope you get a nap! Lori, you are somewhat more used to it overall I guess. LOL on the cat stomping around- aren't cats supposed to be light footed?

Glad you aren't that concerned about the lightheadedness and the itchiness is fading. That is great. And a trip to look forward to, coming soon!

Jaz hope your time with the kid is/was good. And then you get your own space back. What did he think of the apartment?

All is well here. I'm in DE and happy to be back. Dh is playing PB but I'm not bc we will be on our feet a lot today- going to get him a bike (used), then going to Bethany Beach for an art show, back home for lunch and then going out to Berlin for a music festival this afternoon/evening. So a busy day!

Classes so far are great and I am enjoying them a lot. None are academic really and not challenging in that way, which was my preference. I want to learn for the sake of learning. No pressure involved!

Anyway, all is well, life it good, enjoying a bit of smooth sailing!
Hugs to all!
  #1298   ^
Old Sat, Sep-10-22, 08:05

BF:

Good Morning from a gray and soggy rained soaked GA!

Lori-
I am very happy to hear you are still going AND you feel better! I know you sure could use a break from all that has been going on with Betty.
Speaking of people in their 90's wasn't that SOMETHING about the Queen? She was shaking hands with the Prime Minister and 2 days later just gone?!?!?!?!? It happens that way! Wow. OF course, they will not release any details other than to say she took a turn and was comfortable. Seriously?!?!?!? Oh well, it is what it is.

What does it look like beach weather? How long will it take to get there from your sisters place? Do you have a place you stay?

Trig- How are YOU feeling girl?!?!?! Dang it just seems as we get older stuff just doesn't "blow off" anymore, it sticks and then invites friends!

I know you are getting the same crap I am getting. Sucks. Another weekend rain soaked and crappy.

Did you ever get your smoker brisket???? Yum- today might be a good brisket day! Hubby home today?

Nic- Hey are you in DE now? I love you have a "little" nest to go to for your getaway! Plus, you are getting to know people there! I did in St. Simon as well. Those little beachy areas people tend to know each other if they are locals!

Any wedding or newly wed updates? Everyone back to their respective spaces???

You still doing BBBE? It really does reset the body!
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Yup- gray and gross here. I actually pulled out my leggings and a sweatshirt and socks! Fall is here and winter is fast in coming!
Time is flying!

Speaking of..... So, I do get Magnolia Magazine. I really like that one. Anyway, one of the articles spoke about how time flies and how to slow it down. It said to get INTENTIONAL with our time. I love that, and it really spoke to me. It is also harder to practice. Living with intention takes practice, but truly I think for me something I need to do.
I think of time wasted and that needs to change. Now building in INTENTIONAL relaxing down time is one thing, wasting time is another! I seem to be in a procrastination phase right now and I need to let that go! Work in progress, that might be my word for next year, or sooner!

Yup- son stopping back this way for his return to Ohio after vacay. He is coming early today so I need to think about dinner for him. I am going to do a simple chicken (he eats that) and rice and veggie something. I bought rice last week for him and still have 3/4 bag left. I will send it home with him.

My WOE: Beef and more beef and eggs. I frekin love beef. I never thought I would be here, but here I am. It FEELS wonderful! I have not felt this good in YEARS! Granted I still have stress induced gut issues. But if I stay on track- the rest of my stuff is gone. Most of my inflammation is also gone. So ya- I am here for right now and loving it!

Dinner- taco meat, or a new batch of sloppy joe. I have bacon and hard boiled eggs too that I drop some hot sauce on. Done!

Well, I need to put on some make up and head to grocery for a couple things before he comes.

Have a good one!
  #1299   ^
Old Sat, Sep-10-22, 08:10

BF:

I cross posted with you all! HEHEHEHEH- see above- going to read up now.
  #1300   ^
Old Sun, Sep-11-22, 06:56

BF:

Good Morning!

A rainy day.....which is good for me as I don't feel the pull to play golf. I have enough to do around here. Laundry spinning and bags waiting to be packed. I am SO ready to get outta here for a week.

It will take about 5 hours to drive to VA Beach from DSis's. We're going to leave really early and then stop after a couple of hours for a lite breakfast/coffee. We'll get there well before check-in time, but we'll be able to park and then venture out until check-in time. We don't want to waste a minute of our time there. We stay at a Hampton Inn & Suites. All beachfront rooms with balconies.

Be back later to check on you all.
  #1301   ^
Old Sun, Sep-11-22, 10:43

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey all!

Lovely cool gray day here in DE. I've been happily hanging out on the screened porch all morning with. the exception of running out to the store. I'll be here for the week while DH is in MD until Friday, so I've planned all kinds of yumminess for myself. I'm making two soups- Cheeseburger soup and chicken vegetable soup. YUM. Plus I have eggs with smoked pork chops, and in the freezer are porterhouse, swordfish, burgers and more. Tons of great options, readily accessible. GO ME!

Ravens start playing at 1. We are playing against the Jets, and what will be interesting about that game is they are subbing in their second quarterback, who just happens to be Joe Flacco- our previous quarterback for many years. So that should be interesting!

DH leaves after the game. I am looking forward to some nesting time alone. I will no doubt get lonely for him, 100%, but I'll enjoy the first couple of days for sure!

That's about it from here. Nothing earth shattering. Lori I am excited for you to be packing up and leaving for your sister's soon!

Jaz- I agree about intentionality. That is something I have been thinking about as well!
How was the visit with the son? What did he think of the apartment?

I still can't believe that company so completely and utterly ghosted you!

Hey Trig! How's the Gimpiness?
  #1302   ^
Old Sun, Sep-11-22, 12:00

BF:

Hey Ladies!

Finally got my son on the road! It really was such a good visit.

OMG NIC- Your food sounds AMAZING- AMAZING- AMAZING! Sounds like a rest!!!!!!! I have left over chicken; do you use rice or carbs in your soup? I know I looked up cheeseburger soup once and wanted to try it. I am so into soups in the Fall but want to stay as ZERO carbs as possible. I know the broth will add a tiny bit.

I love you are nesting. Does it feel so homey there for you? You have your pup and R&R. I love it!

Yup rainy and gross here today, but tomorrow the sun is supposed to be back out!!!!

OMG intentional. I am so working on that right now. It seems that it is the missing key for my life map right now. I think that without it is easy to drift. What are your thoughts?
It is not easy! It takes practice!

Fun on your Ravens game. I am ready for TONIGHTS GAME! Buccs vs Dallas! Bring it! The drama with Tom Brady is so interesting. Not like I should care- but it is interesting. I mean who plays at 45 years old?!?!?!?!?- He is still the powerhouse. I will be interested in how he plays this year with all his drama. I know he will want to go out in a blaze of glory Superbowl!

I am so glad you seem so happy and CONTENT! How are you loving your classes?

Lori-
I am so glad you are on the count down. I checked out the weather there too! Looks awesome for next week!!!! I like Hamptons inn's. They are pretty nice for the price for the most part. I have never had an issue in one. Unlike the RED Roof Roach Motel! Never again.

Anyway- I can't wait for those updates!!!!!! Is your hubby going to be on call 24/7?

TRIG- Where are you?!?!?- Hope all is well!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Doing laundry, bedsheets, towels and all things clean up. Raining here and gross. Sun going to come out tomorrow and be amazing all next week so "THEY" say. We shall see.

Yup- totally ghosted. Back at the drawing board! Ok- and so it goes. No use to get mad, wasted energy! Wasn't the right job then anyway right?

Totally on WOE- even though up a pound. Bacon, chicken BBQ style, and 3 pounds of ground sirloin to use, thawing stew meat. Good eating.

Gotta run- back later!
  #1303   ^
Old Mon, Sep-12-22, 05:52

BF:

Good Morning!

Travel day has finally arrived!! I'll meet "M" at Betty's at 10.....we'll take care of things there and then I'm home to shower and load up the car. DSis has to dog sit until around 4, so I'm not in a big hurry to get there as I can't get into her apt. building if she's not there. Tonight we're going out for dinner and I want to find a Skecher's store to look at some slip on sneakers that I'm interested in. There's an outlet store quite close to DSis. Just what I need...more sneakers.....

Weather looking good for VA Beach. I sent DSis a screenshot of the weather this morning and told her that I'm taking the umbrellas out of my bag!

-----------

Jaz......So happy that you had a good visit with DSon. Did he have a nice time in St. Simon? How could you not? The pics you have shared look so beautiful!

Nic....Enjoy some alone time in DE this week. Are there some activities going on that you'll be joining in on?

Trig....How are you doing? Hope the hip/leg issue is resolving.

-----------

Well, just a few odds and ends to attend to around here this morning. I'll see DH at lunch time and then I'll be heading out. He just left to go to Betty's and then he's on to his part-time job for a couple hours.

I'll check in tonight from DSis's. I wonder if either one of us will be able to sleep....we're ready to hit the road!
  #1304   ^
Old Mon, Sep-12-22, 06:49

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori.....travel time has arrived!! I WANNA GO WITH YOU GUYS no kiddin' I really do but darn I can't ugh

super glad weather changed for you. vacays can feel and be so short, good weather is a real key when we do get away!!

Nicco......gimpy is better than it was, still got some gimp so still gotta watch but on mend and think a day or 2 and OK? who knows what IT wants to do LOL

You lucky, wk in DE-----I need to do 2 things to ya.....a monster high 5 and hug, then slap ya around a bit......you hit retirement home in a beauty area...........hey, for me and you it seems like KID timing. You had them earlier, gonzo and grown up great, married off, good careers and independence and me having 1 kiddo at age 43 put ME behind the 8 ball LOL ugh but hey, I see a horizon opening up sooner than later now

very cool your online stuff is 'not academic' cause yea, WHY would we oldies do THAT to ourselves, so all is enjoyment and knowledge and growth online classes....love it.

Jazz. yea ghosted is cool cause ya didn't want it anyway, it is A SIGN....now time to CHECK out online jobs or something near St Simon? I would keep checking St. Simon area, a position could open in hosp. admin. you would be well suited for....keep the eyeballs and options open!! don't narrow yourself just yet

glad great time with your son! I bet your daugther is 'family super busy' with her new franchise biz and, well, KIDS LOL
I never wanna 'get old' ya know in the ol' body but I have to say aging gets the kids out of the house, maybe worth it in the end? yea think it will be HA

----------total shock. total amazement of disbelief. total char of the brain. I went 'real' grocery shopping. OMG. I 'saved on my sales' $54 and it still cost me $232. WTH? you have got to be kidding. Kid is again and constant, NO food in house, hubby is now like, hey get me xyz and abc and ALL high priced and I am like.......everything is gonna change. I am shopping now dollar stores and discount and gonna hit Aldi one day, first when they open and 'check them out'. I am done 'giving my money' away in this jacked up f'd up super bs economy inflation....and real reasons behind it!.......OK DO not get me started HA HA

enough of that.

kid is tackling college stuff, hope she does ok, she says she doesn't need my help which I AM USELESS in college but she won't even explain stuff to me....whatever. I am in I don't care mode, til I CARE mode....omg

ok signing off, I am in days and days of bs rain don't even get me started on the weather LOL

see ya
  #1305   ^
Old Mon, Sep-12-22, 07:18

BF:

WHOOT WHOOT WHOOT Travel day for Lori! !
Gotta love those sketchers! I have 3 pair and I swear they really put my PF to rest! So glad you took those umbrella's out of your bag! Get out the sunscreen, and GOOOOOOOOOOO.......
Safe travels!

Nic- - Hello to DE! You all tucked in and sipping coffee from your screened in porch with pup at your feet???? Such a cozy home!
I love you are making soup, that screams Fall to me! I do love a soup in the Fall. I need to find a really good one that is carb free! That is the challenge.

Is hubby leaving today? What is on your schedule this week?

Trig- Check in when you can, you ok?
--------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to another fresh week! Before I started this post I decided to check out some of the success stories on this forum. Wow and inspiring!!!!! I seriously took a second to thank someone for their story!
To write it down and share is inspiring!
I loved what was said in the story: I am a success even while in PROCESS of getting there! WOW- think on that for a second! Not only did that line stick out to me out of a long post. It really speaks to the GRIT of getting and maintaining a healthy LIFESTYLE! I am going to "borrow" that and paraphrase: I am a success story in process- "I am just waiting for my body to catch up!" LOVE it and going to live it!

Having my coffee and planning my week. Intentional planning!
Today's goal:
2- 3 hours on the job boards - fresh thinking
30–40-minute walk
30 minutes of follow up assistance for a friend (healthcare related)
100% BBBE only today as it is a reset day. I had a bit of broccoli yesterday. It did nothing for me. It wasn't even good. But it was what I fixed my son so I had some. BLECK - no thank you.

I have some fresh ground sirloin I am going to make juicy patties out of. Deviled eggs and bacon ready as well. All good.
Tomorrow I will do something with this stew meat I have thawed.

Cloudy and gray again. However, the forecast is the sun will make an appearance and stay out the rest of the week all the way through the weekend. YES SUNSHINE!
My DD and I are trying to get a time this week to meet in Clemson for a garden walk!

All good stuff!

Later!