Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-07-03, 17:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 197/187/135 Female 5'4"
BF:Too much!
Progress: 16%
Default Anyone having BF problems w/Atkins?

Ugh, it seems like BF is supportive one minute and waving pizza in my face the next. Is it too much to ask for him not to eat my fave carb foods in front of me? Grrr...darn him and his high metabolism! <end rant>

We have been fighting alot lately and my best friend moved away for college and long distance is expensive! Any one need to vent about BF or GF's? I'm here to listen if anyone is interested.

Leigh
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 17:00

Plan: atkins
Stats: 143/137/115 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 21%

your bunny's are adorable!! have you tries to get you BF to LC with you? we're doing it together and it's so much easier... I know what it's like to feel like your fighting all the time...I've definatly been there. If you ever want to talk IM me at nydemocrat83...I'll listen
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Dec-01-03, 20:31

Plan: LC
Stats: 190/184/150 Female 5 feet, 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

Well, I dont have a BF, but I do know that my best friend is SOOO unsupportive. She's slim, and has an attractive BF and all she can talk about is her BF and get this, a while back, while i was LCing, before a long, long time away from the LC WOE, she actually told me "if i hear the word carbohydrate out of your mouth one more Time, I think im gonna yak" and in reality, i listen to her yap about how AWESOME her BF is so much i cant get a word in. She tells me that my WOE is unhealty and im gonna get sick and tells me that its stupid and useless and Im not going to lose weight and all this discouraging stuff- and to be honest, it makes me soo mad, i could cry. And, even though I'm trying to keep it underwraps from her, she gives me this weird look when i take the buns off of my burgers, or eat tuna and porkrinds instead of a hotdog and fries. GRR! ANd It pisses me off so bad because If I'm actually scared to tell her IM LCing again because of all the ridicule I get from her. Some friend, huh?
Ah, Oh well, Ive got my forum pals to keep me goin!
~~~Luv~~~
Whitney

aim:ixdreamxnxcolor
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-03, 11:48
Registered Member

Stats: 207/177/150 Female 62.75''
BF:Shudder/Awful/Good
Progress: 53%

Well, I don't have a BF, but I do have a MF who is constantly trying to feed me carbs. He says I'm crazy for low-carbing, and tries to tell me that people HAVE to eat sugar. ('Course, he has a GREAT metabolism, so he can eat all the sugars he likes.) I think he likes me better fat.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-03, 20:57

BF:

Dontcha HATE that. I wish people would just let us be and let us eat how we wish!! grr.. lol this topic heats me up every time.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-03, 07:04
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 190/179/125 Female 5 ft. 4 in.
BF:
Progress: 17%

My friends tell me all the time "you can't live on just protein! It's not good for you! You're not getting all the nutrients you need!" and I just say "I take vitamins!" lol, which I do... But, I agree with NovaGirl, it's great that people are concerned about us, but once they see that we are not trying to starve ourselves, they should just let us alone.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-03, 21:25

BF:

What I really like is when they say bicker at you about not eating "right", then after you lose about 10lbs theyre all like "hey! have you lost weight?" HAHAH WHY YES I HAVE!
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Dec-20-03, 21:45

Plan: Atkins - Modified OWL
Stats: 290/250/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 26%

MadCabbit - Sometimes men just don't understand girl LOL!! BUT IMO I think if you are going to do the LC WOE then you need to learn to deal with your once fav high carb foods being eaten in front of you. We can't expect everyone around us to be on their toes about what THEY eat because WE are watching what WE eat. In truth, conquering your desire for the pizza your boyf is munching on will make you stronger anyway!!!
NovaGirl - I wouldn't call her a bestfriend. Love yourself more and find new friends!!!
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Mar-16-04, 12:00
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 197/155/145 Female 5'5 feet
BF:30.1%
Progress: 81%

As if it wasnt hard enough starting LCing in Australia, my Aussie BF can eat whatever he wants. He didn't understand the whole Atkins thing but he did support me in it if it was "what I wanted." Sometimes I really have to wonder about his motives, he always wanted me to cheat. It made eating out very difficult. I love him but sometimes he made it so hard to keep on the straight and narrow.

Now that he is still in Aus and I am in the US I find it a bit easier but roommates constantly eating carbs like crazy infront of me was a bit tiring, I finally just got used to it and now I have slowly begun to turn one of them to the LC side. Mwahahaha.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Apr-19-04, 11:02
Registered Member

Plan: simple low carb :)
Stats: 165/157/150 Female 67"
BF:Have a boyfriend!
Progress: 53%

I am so glad I was not the only one. My last boyfriend was totally unsupportive of LC'ing. He wanted me to eat like he did. He was chunky at one time but lost it by eating one meal a day (dinner). He was one of those lucky ones who portion control works for. He called me fat a lot, too.

My new boyfriend (well not new, today is our 5 month anniversary) is a rail. He is over 6 feet and super skinny. He eats what he wants and doesn't gain any (I joke that he has a tapeworm), but he is supportive of me and my LC way of life. He won't LET me eat bad foods, because he knows I am hypoglycemic and that diabetes is a family problem. He doesn't think I need to lose weight, tells me I am beautiful and sexy how I am. I love him so much.
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Apr-20-04, 17:57

Stats: 303/270/220 Male 6'2"
BF:yummy
Progress: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCabbit
Ugh, it seems like BF is supportive one minute and waving pizza in my face the next. Is it too much to ask for him not to eat my fave carb foods in front of me? Grrr...darn him and his high metabolism! <end rant>

We have been fighting alot lately and my best friend moved away for college and long distance is expensive! Any one need to vent about BF or GF's? I'm here to listen if anyone is interested.

Leigh

Break up with him, go out with me!!
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Apr-30-04, 15:43

Plan: low fat -to- atkins
Stats: 180/124/110 Female 5'4-5'5"
BF:36%/18.2%/???
Progress: 80%

i recently started the low-carb thing so my bf isn't a problem but before that, i was doing low-fat.... he was very mean and would pick on me.. even about water "make sure your water is low fat lizzy!" yeah, i dumped him..

tell him how you feel.. tell him you are trying to look better for him.. thats what i did.. the X and i are "dating" again. and now that im low-carb.. he doesn't make fun of me.. maybe because i gave him a piece of my mind!
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Apr-30-04, 15:45

Plan: low fat -to- atkins
Stats: 180/124/110 Female 5'4-5'5"
BF:36%/18.2%/???
Progress: 80%

oh yeah.. i always need to vent..

hehe.. we can yell about guys together woot woot!
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Apr-30-04, 19:33

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 395/380/165 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Well don't tell your bf you're losing weight for him... because you should be losing weight for youself, not for some guy that makes fun of your WOE. I actually haven't told my bf that I'm doing low carb....he noticed that I had lost some weight but I don't go into details about how I'm doing it. He's one of those guys that can eat everything and not gain a pound. Don't you hate that?
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Apr-30-04, 20:05

Plan: My own
Stats: 152/150/135 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 12%

my stupid so called bf has not noticed. we went and saw a movie and he did not say anything . i had not seen him in like 5 months and have been friends for like 5 years . and so last week when i saw him he did not say one thing . i was so ready to kill him. but that is guys for you. but it makes mefeel so mad that he did not even notice ,because i have been working so hard he is one of those guys too that can eat what ever he want and still look like a stringbean. it is so unfair