Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Aug-04-01, 09:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/160/135
BF:
Progress:
Default Atkins Diet Questions....

My husband and i started the diet on July 30th (so far my other half has lost over 10 Lbs and 5). I have just a few questions, the recipe for the Atkins bread has a lot to be desired does any one have any ideas on how to make it differently with less carbs?
does any stores carry the Atkins flour, or do you need to purchase on line???

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Aug-04-01, 10:22
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Welcome to the Forum Nizzie!

If you click Recipes in the read bar at the top of the page, you will find a wide world of alternatives. There are recipes there for breads and Atkins-style bake mix.

Any thing bread-y has to be made from something carb-y so there is no magic bullet, super low-carb bread out there.

If you're on Induction, try following it to the letter. There is very little room in the Induction Phase for low carb bread, and little room for it after induction too. It's much easier to follow an LC plan by eating real food than trying to find substitutes for high carb foods that were part of your old way of eating. Give it a try!

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Aug-04-01, 10:47

Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

welcome nizzie! congratulations to you and your husband on your terrific weight loss!! i personally never bother with lowcarb breads. i might make a lowcarb dessert for a special occasion, but like karen says, i mostly just stick to real foods! your stats are almost exactly like mine. i'll update my signature weight when i come back from holidays. i hope you'll be a frequent poster here!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Aug-04-01, 13:24
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Protien power
Stats: 164/149/130
BF:
Progress: 44%
Thumbs down lo carb bread

Before the WOL bread, pasta and pastry were my down fall. I just never could stop at 1 slice/piece/serving. I was constantly hungry and craving what I just ate. Since being a lo carber I finally can pretty much walk away. I did try in the beginning to create "bread". Homemade in my machine and oven. None of the results were truly delicious. When I did make the bread I found just eating a slice wasn't quite enough and would have cravings afterwards. So for my opinion and others I have read here in this forum. You are better off to steer away from it. Also the price of anything that has flavor is quite expensive online. You have the cost of the loaf appox $5.99 + shipping. You could buy quite the nice steak for that and enjoy all of it not just a slice!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Aug-05-01, 18:02

Stats: 165/160/135
BF:
Progress:
Default thanks!!!

Thanks for the replys, THE BREAD, IS IN THE WASTEBASKET NOW... YOUR RIGHT!!!! it really was not that tasty so why waste my time making it. I guess I'm so used to having breads that I felt I couldn't function even with out it. I just feel today that I'm not going to make the two week 20 carb diet... still having cravings...I QUIT SMOKING A YEAR AGO IN APRIL... AND I'M FINDING THIS TO BE JUST AS HARD OR IN ANOTHER WAY HARDER...
I am very hard headed so I will overcome this too!!!