Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-06-02, 06:57

Plan: Scarsdale
Stats: 134/128/120
BF:
Progress: 43%
Angry I HATE ME DAY

Hey, what's wrong with me!?!?

I KNOW LC is good for me. I have tried before: I feel great, lose weight and love it. I started (again) 2 weeks ago, was doing really great and then POOF!! just blew it. Started again Monday, did ok and then... I dunno, I blew it again ...

I don't know what happens in my dumb brain. Maybe it's just that old habits die hard? Is that it? I feel like a slob... and every time it's back to square one! I really really wanna LC!! I really really believe in my heart of hearts that I'm a LC lifer: it's the only possible eating plan for me.

So what the heck's my problem!?!?!?

Sorry guys..
Liv
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-06-02, 07:42

Plan: Zone
Stats: 165/163/145
BF:
Progress: 10%
Unhappy Me too!

I do the same thing....I think we all do! I use all types of excuses to eat "wrong." Yesterday it was cold and I was tired and so I had soup for lunch. I managed to make a save by not eating carbs at dinner, but some days I don't!

Grrr.....

-animaldoc
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-06-02, 08:08

BF:

Thanks Doc!

I just think that I wouldn't feel like such a slob if I came down enough to be able to fall off the wagon flat on my face without weighing even more than I started out with ...

Liv
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-06-02, 18:08

Plan: CALP
Stats: 199/185/139
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Liv

I think you might be most successful if you chose either CAD or Atkins. I don't know much about Atkins, but I do know that you cannot combine CAD with any other WOE and be successful. If you try one and it doesn't seem suited for you, you can always try the other.

Hope this helps
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-06-02, 18:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 473/332/190 Male 75.6
BF:
Progress: 50%

Liv,
You are not alone.

I started two months ago on atkins, and can say that I've been LC since only a week ago.
I feel off the wagon many times. Becuase I did this, I'm much more determined this week to stay on this WOL.
I know what it's like to fall off, so when ever I'm temtped I visualise how I feel as a LC failure and it gives me strength to persevere!

Good Luck!

LC_Dave
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Mar-07-02, 02:22

BF:

Thanks for the moral support ...

I guess it takes a while to psychologicallt get back on track. I don't understand though, why sometimes I binge on carbs and don't even enjoy it as though I was going in for a get fat competition ...

Anyway, today's looking a little better and so I'm going to go for it again ... I think that when I manage to stop thinking like "ThE Diet" the whole time and think about it when it's mealtime things would go smoother, seems like for the last weeks I haven't had any other thoughts in my head ...

Bye for now!!!
Liv
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Mar-08-02, 11:13

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%
Default "the diet"

Ya know Liv...... I never think of this as "the diet" and maybe that has helped me. In the begining I forced my self to say "way of living" or "way of life" or "low carb lifestyle" but I would never say "diet". Now it comes natural.

When I think "diet" I think failure. That is probably because of my history with diets.

I am on a quest for my health and guess what? I am loosing weight as a reward!! Now THAT is what you should tell yourself every day until that "diet" word goes away. LOL

You are doing so well!
Libby
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Mar-11-02, 02:45

BF:

Thanks Libby!

And I know you're right! Old habita die hard ... but I'm killing them. My success has been this weekend: we went to visit my aunt and uncle. He's a chef and his hobby is feeding guests. I stuck to my CAD/CALP and certainly didn't lose anything, but I didn't put on anything either. And it's TOM. In this case even just not gaining is a big success for me.

And today I don't feel depressed and decadent and carby!

Thanks for your kind words!

Liv