Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-24-02, 06:45

Plan: atkins
Stats: 220/188/180
BF:
Progress: 80%
Default does this affect my mental faculty?

Hey there! I am not quite sure if this is the proper forum but anyway I'll ask just the same. Can this WOL, especially the atkins type affect one's mental faculty? You see I am in deep review for my bar examinations this September and I am really worried that Atkins Diet might affect my study habits. Are there studies that high protein diets can cause mental side effects? More particularly will this diet make me less focus or make my mind less sharp? Help!

Hope you guys can help me on this. Thanks!

bluedragon
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-24-02, 07:37
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

I've heard some people report being dazed and foggy a few days in induction, but it clears up after your body makes its adjustments. You should not have any long-term problems in this area. If it were an ongoing problem, I doubt you'd see many people sticking with it! We all need our heads about us, law students or not!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-24-02, 08:15
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

I was in a similar position this past semester and actually found that the absence of sugar and junk cleared up my ability to focus and recall...my thinking was clearer and my nerves more settled. I didn't feel drugged or like I was having a sugar high, then a lazy low, etc. For me that was the norm. Being on LC made for a more stable ability to think, read and perform. All in all, I felt better and that contributed to a successful finals week.

Good luck.