Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-29-02, 02:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 56/50/50
BF:
Progress:
Angry Mini pill & break mid-cycle bleeding

2 mths into the Atkins diet I started to get mid cycle bleeding I was on the pill triphasil after 6-8 mths I hah had enough. I had tests done all negative so I could only put it down to my diet. The doctor then changed me to the mini-pill Femulen since being on this I have had no mid-cyle bleeding in fact I have had no period at all for 2 mths now. Does any one else take this pill & find they don't get periods or am I unusual?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-29-02, 08:33
Contributing Member

Plan: lowcarb .
Stats: 160/141/127 Female 5'6"
BF:it"s for SALE!
Progress: 58%

Same thing here.....

I was on the somersizing plan last year and my period diappeared for 2 or 3 months...everyone on line..they have an active chat line...said it was the change of diet.

Now that I'm on atkins I had mid bleeding last month with a small amount of spotting during when I was suppose to get it. I am on the pill...I don't think the typeof pill matters..it's just our bodies getting use to the HUGE food change. I guess we shall see what happens to me next month!!

Take care...let me know how you make out too...

cin
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jun-13-02, 08:17
Registered Member

Plan: Suzanne Somers
Stats: 146/133/130
BF:
Progress: 81%
Angry Yuck!

This has happened to me also. I'm just into my first month and am real curious how long this lasts. I was a bit worried, glad to see I'm not the only one.

#4   ^
Old Wed, Sep-02-15, 16:23

Plan: Atkins/Bulletproff
Stats: 179/168/150 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress:
Default Same issue

I just came across this board and message. I just started a low carb diet and I've lost just over 10 pounds. My only complaint is spotting and mild cramping. I really don't want to bleed all the time. My doctor prescribed the mini pill since I tend to be sensitive to estrogen. Sounds like this may also help with the bleeding. I feel so much better knowing others are experiencing the same thing.