Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-12-18, 09:22

Plan: LCHF (<50g), IF
Stats: 184/167.2/140 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default Low Carb for Life

Hello!

I'm new here, but this is my second time on low carb. I have severe PCOS, and previously lost 30 pounds on a moderate LCHF diet. I was able to correct all of my health problems (including menstrual irregularity, asthma, and eczema) and I felt great. However, after a stressful move and some major life changes and general upheaval, I gained back 18 pounds. Here I am again, 46 pounds from my goal weight. Losing this much weight seems...I don't want to say impossible, but difficult!

I have finally accepted that I must eat low carb for the rest of my life. My body simply cannot tolerate a lot of carbs, and low carb is the only way I can control my weight. If I want to be healthy over the long term I must get serious. I'm 44, and have been overweight since after my first child was born nearly 16 years ago. I would really like to reach my goal weight, once and for all, and I love to read the success stories here...they make me feel like I can do it too!

This time around, I'm combining LCHF with intermittent fasting. I routinely fast from about 7:00 PM to 11:00 AM, and I think it makes a big difference for me. My biggest challenge is that my husband and I eat low carb, but my kids don't. My son is not a big eater (and is even a little underweight) so I feel like meal prep is a lot of work. Also, while I don't really miss sweets, pasta, or potatoes, I DO miss bread. Mostly I miss the usefulness of bread to hold other foods, and sometimes I just want to eat a sandwich. I feel like I've tried every low carb bread recipe without success. Eggy sponges = gross.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here! I think it's easier to work toward major goals when you don't feel like you're all alone in your struggles.

Have a great day!
Heather

Last edited by HeatherLKP : Thu, Apr-12-18 at 11:25.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-12-18, 09:32

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Welcome back to low carb eating Heather
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-12-18, 10:28

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Welcome back Heather!
There is a sub-forum here on PCOS. http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=46
Includes links to new DietDoctor info and the Ask an Expert (Dr. Fox).
There are so many new bread recipes, Flax wraps, etc. Search below in our recipes. Cheese taco shells is another newish entry, but I am too lazy to make them unless having guests. I wrap sandwiches in Romaine lettuce leaves or simple cheese and turkey roll-ups around a pickle or similar. Lately I have been enjoying Keto Plates: https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb...arch=&st=recipe

Kristie on DD also has her own huge collection of family-friendly favorites. http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=470795 Try her taco bake or Philly cheesesteak...you wont miss the bread.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Apr-14-18, 07:43

Plan: LCHF (<50g), IF
Stats: 184/167.2/140 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 38%

Thank you for the tips!