Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-11-09, 13:47

Plan: self made
Stats: 160/150/145 Male 71c
BF:
Progress:
Default candida+antifungals

Hi everyone.hope you are all keeping well.
I started my anti candida treatment 2 months ago, I have had IBS and other stomach problems for over 10 years.Doctors where of no help. Anyway, i only eat raw food which works,im taking P&B shakes(which r amazing,thanks to this website for that info)and i am taking CAPRYLIC ACID AND PAU DARCO to kill the candida.
My major problem is i have had 3-4 doctor and hospital visits in last month (strange flu like symptoms and the worst migrains available,struggle to go to work).
The thing im unsure of is,im on CITALOPRAM(antidepressants) and have been for years.when i looked up drug interactions with that medication it stated that i could not take anti-fungals with it.Maybe explains my illness.
My question to you kind and knowlegable people is there anything else which isnt an anti-fungal that i can take that will kill the candida?

Thank you so much in advance,
Teddy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-11-09, 15:17

Plan: Weston A. Price, GFCF
Stats: 165/133/132 Male 5' 5"
BF:?/12.7%/?
Progress: 97%

I don't know, but some people have found that they can get off their antidepressants when they go on a high-fat gluten-free diet. Caprylic acid is found naturally in coconut oil -- Hopefully coconut oil would be safe with your meds.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-16-09, 13:27
Registered Member

Plan: candida diet
Stats: 116/113/110 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:

Hi there . . .

Candida seem to hate oxygen. Beetroot (US = red beets) turns to nitrous oxide in the bloodstream and gives you a few hours of candida-killing good oxygen levels. Although some people say it has sugars in it, in fact, I have found that it is included in my "The Complete Candida Yeast Guidebook" diet plan and that it is really effective in helping me to control my symptoms. Some people call it a "superfood".

On a similar note, Barley Green Grass drink is REALLY helpful too. It does the same thing as beetroot and gives you a complete oxygen boost, after which you may feel die off, though, if you have bad candida.

This can be bought as a powder in health food stores and I mix mine with V8 juice to make it taste a little better. Neither of these *should* interfere with other drugs, although as I'm not a doctor myself, it would always be a good idea to check with your doctor first.

Garlic also works very well if you swallow one or two raw cloves after a meal, but again, Garlic does a lot of things and is an antifungal, antihistamine and antimicrobial, so good to start slowly and see how you do.

I started my programme 2 months ago too after a long period with bad symptoms, so it's nice to meet someone else on the road to recovery.

Hope that helps!

Annajen.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-18-09, 14:25

Plan: self made
Stats: 160/150/145 Male 71c
BF:
Progress:
Unhappy Cheers

Thanx very much annajen.Really appreciate it,good ideas.Up until 2day i was gonna go with the garlic idea.But as far as i know it interacts with my meds.bummer.
Barley grass powder seemed aan exellent idea.Might try that in conjunction with beetroot.Not 2 sure how much beetroot i will need to eat though.
Keep well and take care.
teddy
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Nov-19-09, 05:53
Registered Member

Plan: candida diet
Stats: 116/113/110 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:

Hi Teddy

Yeah, glad I could help. I'm on a learning curve here too, but that book I got is really good (By Dr Rona from Toronto) and it had a lot of other good ideas you might be able to try.

I just try to have 2 red beets (beetroots) at breakfast and maybe 2 at dinner time and that, in conjunction with the other stuff, seems to work really well---I go a lovely healthy pink after that.

Psillium husk mixed with aloe vera and water also helps to kill the stuff and flush it out of the system (apparently aloe vera can boost the white blood cell's abilities to kill candida, from what I read anyway) so that's also a very mild treatment which may help.

Keep in touch----it's good to hear how other people are getting on with this. I'm sort of all alone out here and my extended family (my parents, inlaws etc) don't really understand any of this and so I don't have much support besides the doctor.

Hang in there, though, since it definitely looks like mine is (very) slowly improving, so I hope yours will too.

Annajen