Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-13-11, 03:46
Registered Member

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 98/105/105 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default What do you think about while exercising?

Do you ever feel like just stopping because you cant be bothered? I need advice because I get unmotivated quite easily, and when I start I find that im wanting to stop like 2 minutes later.. I exercise on an exercise bike and elliptical. Im too self consious to exercise outside just yet.

Last edited by lau94 : Mon, Jun-13-11 at 04:03.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-14-11, 03:45

Plan: Long term.
Stats: 160/157/150 Male 64
BF:
Progress:

you wont be as dedicated to start off, but as soon as you start seeing results you get addicted. just keep at it if your on a bike/ellip just get a good playlist going and you wont even notice your working out, trust me cardio is the worst part of working out but good music/tv/movie makes a big difference.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-25-11, 15:47

Plan: atkins
Stats: 215/202/160 Female 5"3
BF:
Progress:

nekkehd is right once you see results you'll get addicted. i just signed up for the gym and can't wait. and i have ways to go. so just stay in there.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-25-11, 15:51

Plan: atkins
Stats: 215/202/160 Female 5"3
BF:
Progress:
Default cant wait for the gym

im feeling so giddy today. im signing up for the gym. this one is great it has a boot camp and indoor track. i figured i work overnights and in the morning it will give me something to do. plus im ready to knock off some of this weight and tone up my body.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jul-25-11, 19:30
Carnivore

Plan: <50 net/day
Stats: 368/305/190 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 35%

I normally don't think. I just enjoy the heck out of not having to think/plan/talk/etc. When I am thinking, it's usually just a "yes, your knee hurts, but it hurts less than yesterday - so keep moving..."

It does become a bit addictive.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jul-25-11, 20:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 241.8/233/147 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 9%

I always think how much my shins are burning and wishing it was over lol. Long ago I walked religiously for a long period of time, and I never liked it. I don't get how some people fall in love with exercise and enjoy it. That will just never be me!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jul-26-11, 07:33

Plan: a
Stats: 175/157/150 Male 71
BF:
Progress:

I put podcasts on my ipod and listen to them while working out.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Aug-06-11, 00:17
Registered Member

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: 232/202/120 Female 5'3
BF:Insane
Progress: 27%

At home I just blast music and concentrate on what I'm doing and the words to the song. If I go walking with the dogs.. all my concentration goes to keeping them from eating a dead squirrel or something gross in their mouths.

I'm horrible at the gym.. I'll watch TV and then during commercials I stare at the damn timer. Even with all the crap on my Ipod, I get bored/easily distracted. Sometimes I get into a texting conversation while keeping a decent pace on the tredmil..but I hate texting so that doesn't last. Or a stupid game. But somehow I feel I get a better workout at the gym. Getting some kind of tredmil or cardio machine at home isn't possible for me.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Aug-06-11, 13:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 289.0/280.2/250 Female 6ft
BF:
Progress: 23%

I first off never look at the timer... the first half of the walkout I find it tougher when I see I have a long time still to go. I play music - I try to sing, breathlessly. I have started playing on the internet on my ipod and reading news stories etc. Once I have passed the half way mark I seem to gather a second wind and keep on moving. Try not give up!
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Aug-06-11, 23:51

Plan: Primal
Stats: 478.4/248.0/228 Male 73
BF:28.9%
Progress: 92%

i listen to banging tunes, lots of energy and bass, makes me wanna goooooo