Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Mar-31-06, 07:57

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%
Default We Need Vision...

Hey Aethena,

I'll post the article here and in your journal... I had originally posted it in HOW YEAST GROWTH HAPPENS...at the beginning of this forum...http://www.stopyeast.com/news9.html It is a very interesting article...

As you know, I'm struggling too to get back on track! I need to find ways to add foods that I like and make a legal version... I'm just going to have to suck it up because I hate to cook, but that is what it requires...so there lol!!!

Hey...here is some inspiration for all of us yeast busters!!!

Friday, March 31, 2006

Follow that vision

You can visualize anything you choose. Your imagination is yours to control as you wish.
So make use of that powerful imagination to visualize the best of all possibilities for yourself and your world. You don't need any special resources, you don't need anyone's permission, and you don't even need to be realistic.

Simply go in your imagination to the place where you'd most like to be. Visualize all the details, all the richness, all the feelings of the experience.

Make it real in your mind, and you'll be well on your way to making it happen in your world. Visualize with the entirety of your being, and you set into motion a powerful momentum.

Visualize the most positive and desirable of alternatives. The more richly and intensely you see them, the more attainable they become.

Where there is vision, there is life and growth, accomplishment, fulfillment and joy. Visualize the very best for your world, and allow your life to follow that vision.

-- Ralph Marston

Last edited by skeeweeaka : Fri, Mar-31-06 at 08:18.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Mar-31-06, 22:21

Plan: candida wipe out plan
Stats: 130/115/120 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 150%

Do you have to at least enjoy the taste of cauliflower to enjoy mashed potato-like cauliflower?

Tunk...........can you e-mail me the recipe for that bread you make w/ the almond or coconut flour? How's the taste........I don't care if it's muffin like or not.....I want something that resembles some sort of bread!!!!!!!!!!!

I made chicken in the coconut oil and baked it in the oven with fresh shaved coconut on top............it was lacking something...........didn't turn out that great...........anyone got any suggestions........ I think we shoul start a thread with good candida free recipes that we can all share......
  #33   ^
Old Sat, Apr-01-06, 07:40

Plan: Atkins-SCD
Stats: 125/99.5/110 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 170%

If you don't like the taste of cauliflower, you won't like the mashed version, either, unless you mask the taste with a lot of salt and butter.
I have to admit I cheat when it comes to the bread, I use bananas:
Bread:
2 cups finely ground coconut falkes or coconut flour or
1 cup same and 1 cup almond flour or
2 cups almond flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3 eggs
2 mashed ripe bananas
1/4 cup coconut oil or butter

Mix well and bake at 350 in loaf pan for 45-60 min depending on size

if you make muffins, bake for 15-20 min.

Somebody posted a very low carb muffin recipe in their journal (Moseyman) on this forum, I don't know what page it is, but he doesn't sweeten it with bananas or anything, only blueberries which are low in sugar. He uses 1 1/2 c. almond flour and 1 c. coconut flakes the rest is the same.

I gave up using the almonds becasue I don't tolerate them well. I just make the coconut version. And then I slice it up and put some butter on top, yumm. You have to use is sparingly because of the bananas.
You know just feel free to experiment. It took me while to come up with something I like.
You can use grated carrots, zucchini in the batter. Too bad we can't have cheese, it would make an awesome cheese bread with cheddar added. But next time I'll try to put some dry curd cottage cheese in the batter instead of bananas.
The SCD recipe website (that also addresses candida) has bread and baked goods recipes. You just have to omit the honey. scdrecipe.org
I'm not suer if there is a candida recipe thread in the kitchentalk section.
  #34   ^
Old Sun, Apr-02-06, 07:04
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcs
Zul,
I have a supplement timing question..........I know with my armour thyroid it is very important for absortion not to take with in four of of fibre (dont' take any more) or calcium......I have also read you said not to take OOO or vit D after 5pm ......having said all that are there other timing issues..........currenty I take my armour sublingualy so it would react with morning supplements - and I take it that way in the evening so I can get dinner eaten by 6pm (old habit...never eat after 6pm)

Anything else to keep in mind?
Take the armour when first getting out of bed, you don't have to wait until later. That way it won't interfere with taking supplements. Most supplements can be taken with food, they absorb better that way. Armour should be taken on an empty stomach and about an hour before food is ingested for maximum benefit.

Last edited by Zuleikaa : Sun, Apr-02-06 at 07:11.
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Apr-03-06, 18:57

BF:

thanx tunk.........I'm gonna try it!! What kind of cocnut do you use? I shredded a fresh coconut and it was SOOOOOOO much work!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do they sell fresh sugar free coconut at the health stores and do we have to worry about mold in it? I will experiment as well.
  #36   ^
Old Tue, Apr-04-06, 06:39

BF:

Yes mold is a concern...
you can either buy it at HFS or order online, they sell coconut flour, too. Netrition usually has it but it's out of stock now. wildernessfamilynaturals.com has it too. Tropical Traditions has flakes, not the flour, but you can just use the coffee grinder to make it finer, however, it'll get clumpy because of the oil. But I don't mind it, that's how I do it. I'm going to try to make a batch without bananas and add stevia. I think it'll be too coconutty, though...maybe I could use shredded squash to make the texture better...hmmm...experimenting...
  #37   ^
Old Thu, Apr-06-06, 12:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 143/143/200 Male 6 foot 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

In the past I bought enteric coated oregano oil caps. Pretty powerful. But I can't get them anymore. The only oregano oil I can get now is the stuff they use for aromatherapy. Is that ok?
  #38   ^
Old Thu, Apr-06-06, 18:03
Finding the Pieces

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakumo
In the past I bought enteric coated oregano oil caps. Pretty powerful. But I can't get them anymore. The only oregano oil I can get now is the stuff they use for aromatherapy. Is that ok?
As long as it's pure, yes it's fine.
  #39   ^
Old Thu, Apr-06-06, 20:31

BF:

thank-ums
  #40   ^
Old Fri, Apr-07-06, 02:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 143/143/200 Male 6 foot 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Thanks for that Zul!
I'm concerned about the effectiveness of OoO though. I mean, your GI tract is like 25 feet long etc. It's MASSIVE. Oregano is only effective if it comes into contact with the yeast. Hardly shooting fish in a barrel if you are consuming so little every day...
  #41   ^
Old Fri, Apr-07-06, 05:23

BF:

I want to use it externally but the NOW brand liquid OOO says not for external use. Is that because it's so strong and I can dilute it or for some other reason?
  #42   ^
Old Sat, Apr-08-06, 09:53
Finding the Pieces

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunkany
I want to use it externally but the NOW brand liquid OOO says not for external use. Is that because it's so strong and I can dilute it or for some other reason?
I think it says not for internal use. That's because it has to be diluted with oil before taken internally, otherwise it will burn you.

It's fine to use as long as you use it with some oil as I said. I use it.
  #43   ^
Old Sat, Apr-08-06, 09:58
Finding the Pieces

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakumo
Thanks for that Zul!
I'm concerned about the effectiveness of OoO though. I mean, your GI tract is like 25 feet long etc. It's MASSIVE. Oregano is only effective if it comes into contact with the yeast. Hardly shooting fish in a barrel if you are consuming so little every day...
Believe me, OOO is powerful stuff!!! But you do have to take enough to be effective. I chuckle at the people who are taking 50 mg and say it's not working. Duh!! That's not enough.

People make the same mistake with other supplements as well. You have to take enough, if you don't, you might as well be taking none.
  #44   ^
Old Sat, Apr-08-06, 11:20

BF:

OK, I checked out another website seeling NOW oregano oil, well it had a totally different usage description. They recommend it both internally and externally, the same exact thing that another retailer said not for external use. Oh well. Thanks.
Also is the recommendation to dilute 1:4 correct, with what oil? Olive or coconut OK? It's already in olive oil, right?
  #45   ^
Old Sat, Apr-08-06, 18:23
Finding the Pieces

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunkany
OK, I checked out another website seeling NOW oregano oil, well it had a totally different usage description. They recommend it both internally and externally, the same exact thing that another retailer said not for external use. Oh well. Thanks.
Also is the recommendation to dilute 1:4 correct, with what oil? Olive or coconut OK? It's already in olive oil, right?
That's the correct proportion. You can make it weaker if you need to, just add more oil. Coconut or olive or any other edible oil is fine.

If the oil is pure essential oil it's not mixed with any other oil. NOW does sell aOOO that's already mixed. That's not the one I buy.