Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-09-12, 16:58

Plan: Atkins-modified
Stats: 240/197.1/160 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 54%
Default Seeking Advice

Ok, ya'll, I'd been good for about 3 straight weeks. This last week, instead of losing, I was gaining, about 3 pounds. Was pretty frustrated and irritated, so I messed up today. I got out of Clinicals, was hungry, and didn't have lunch with me so I got Arbys for lunch. I know it was wrong of me, but I let the carb demons get me. I know that I have to be good, but at the same time, I feel like that little cheat helped me as far as getting back on the right track and satiating some insane pms cravings. So tonight, I'm not going to sabotage and throw out the rest of the day, cause that will just set me on a downward spiral, and I will eat right and low carb, and tomorrow is a new day!
But, I'm wondering why the heck I was gaining. Like Sunday, I was 193, this morning was 196 after it had crept up around a pound a day. I've not had a carb creep. Everything I've eaten/drank was Atkins Induction legal. I've been drinking like 8-10 glasses of water. So dehydration and water weight wouldn't be the issue, right? My calories haven't been over 1350, by the way. I kinda let the old way of thinking that a day off will jumpstart you again crawl into my little brain, and I know deep down that it wasn't right. But, here's to a new day and the rest of this one! Any advice will be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links