Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Sat, Jan-11-03, 10:10
Registered Member

Plan: CALP/CAD
Stats: 215/212.5/140
BF:
Progress: 3%
Default Peanut Butter & Celery Snack?

Hi GoodTxGirl,

You asked if peanut butter and celery are an acceptable snack on CAD. Unfortunately the answer is no. The Hellers CAD book says Peanut butter is rm only. Too many carbs and sugar.

I personally wouldn't chance it, especially seeing as you have been having cravings lately. In the past when I've blurred the edges of the program and had peanutbutter, outside of my rm, my weight went up and I would stall for 3 or 4 days before beginning to lose again. (Two years ago I had lost 30 pounds on CAD)

Everybody is different though. What works for me may not work for you.

Darlene

Last edited by Dar Babe : Sat, Jan-11-03 at 10:13.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sat, Jan-11-03, 10:18
Registered Member

BF:
Default Two weeks on plan

I'm two weeks on plan today. I've lost another pound for a total of 2.5 pounds. Not too bad for me. The first time I lost weight on CAD I lost .3 pounds per week, so I'm fairly pleased with 2.5 pounds in two weeks. I'd like to keep losing at least a pound a week. Cravings are down but I'm still overcarbing for lunch. I just can't seem to help myself.

I hope everyone is doing well on plan. Welcome back MaltoMeel.

Darlene
  #48   ^
Old Sat, Jan-11-03, 19:36

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts Lifespan Plan
Stats: 174/171/135
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default Thanks I Needed That!

I've had company for a month and tried to stay on the plan even though I wasn't losing.Today was a bad day. Now that everyone's gone home I'm back on plan for dinner and hope to start exersizing Monday.It is such a struggle when I don't see the scale moving or the inches coming off,but I am determined to stay on plan.I know low-carbing helps with my Chronic Fatigue/Fibromyalgia Symptoms
It's nice to have the support of others to stay on plan.Thanks
  #49   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-03, 00:35

Plan: CAD
Stats: 244/226.5/140
BF:
Progress: 17%

Darbabe,

I'm finding it SOO hard to keep my RM's balanced, especially when I'm losing weight. It's not moreso because I am craving anything, but maybe because I just feel like I CAN, so I will. You know what I mean?

I bet if I were to start seeing my numbers climb I'd knock it off, but it hasn't done that yet. Kind of discouraging in a weird kind of way. Lol... asking for weight gain for motivation to keep my RM's balanced.... oops.
  #50   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-03, 14:40

Plan: herbalife
Stats: 157/130/130 Female 61inches
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default 2nd week

I averaged out my second week on the plan today, lost another

1lb for a total of 5lbs. I am having no cravings and its TOM now

so far I don't think I am showing as much weight gain as I

usually do. Well all I can say so far its not bad, I am also

looking forward to rm today, because we are ordering Chinese

food and I am not going to worry about balancing too much.

Alicia
  #51   ^
Old Thu, Jan-16-03, 17:39
Registered Member

BF:
Default Balancing RMs

Cassie,

I do know what you mean. I think I overeat at rms because I can too. I want to lose the weight but I use food for comfort. Not being able to eat what I want when I want it is very depressing to me. Some days the most exciting part of my day is what I'm going to eat. Sick huh?

Unfortunately because of not balancing I'm not losing. My period threw off my average this week and it looks like I'll be posting a gain. I'm staying on plan though. I still feel better even though I'm not balancing. I figure at some point I'll naturally begin balancing as long as I don't give up.
  #52   ^
Old Thu, Jan-16-03, 17:39
Registered Member

BF:
Default Balancing RMs

Cassie,

I do know what you mean. I think I overeat at rms because I can too. I want to lose the weight but I use food for comfort. Not being able to eat what I want when I want it is very depressing to me. Some days the most exciting part of my day is what I'm going to eat. Sick huh?

Unfortunately because of not balancing I'm not losing. My period threw off my average this week and it looks like I'll be posting a gain. I'm staying on plan though. I still feel better even though I'm not balancing. I figure at some point I'll naturally begin balancing as long as I don't give up.
  #53   ^
Old Mon, Jan-27-03, 08:21

Plan: Ketogenic Diet Dr Westman
Stats: 267/243.6/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Drastic Measures to get back on plan

I have been trying to get back on CALP for almost six months now. After recommiting (again) on December 28th I stayed on plan for three and a half weeks. In that time I lost and gained the same two and a half pounds. To be fair I was overcarbing at my rm. I just could not stop myself.
So...This past Saturday I ate 7 small, no fat, protein meals spaced about 1 1/2 to 2 hours apart.(Dr. Stillman's water diet) The scale showed a loss of 3 pounds the next day. I did the same thing on Sunday except that by 4:00 I was craving carbs like crazy. I had two slices of leftover pizza and was perfectly satisfied. Today I show another 1 pound loss. Today I am eating the 6 small protein meals with a carb meal(rm) that will consist of a cup of homemade chicken and vegetable soup(cm vegetables only), 1/4 cup of brown rice and three lettuce leaves no dressing. No fat, well as no fat as you can get eating protein.
My aim is to lose my extra fat by August of this year and to slowly work my eating habits back into very balanced CALP, eating less fat and making better carb choices. (not pizza) I am being very strict with myself portion wise and plan to continue until this weight is finally gone.
It feels good to finally see the scale moving down. That and still being able to have carbs at my rm helps to keep me going. I've lost weight once before on CALP. It took me two years to put it back on. I know this is the lifetime eating plan for me. I just have to be strict with myself until my insulin in under control.
Now I had better get back to work or I won't be able to buy any food and I'll get thin real quick.
Dar Babe