Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-02, 09:36

Plan: atkins
Stats: 156/135/120 Female 5' 3
BF:156/135/120
Progress: 58%
Wink

Well back on track this morning got my 2miles in the first mile took 11minutes and I finished the second mile in 10 minutes. Total of 21. So I am trying to follow BLF for the 20 minutes of carbs first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.

My plan for tommorrow is to go out on my long run of 6 miles. The 10k is Sept.28th. I have a lot of negative feed back from the guys here at work. They say that I will never make the 6.2 miles they say that it is just not possible for me to run it with a good time. Right now my goal is to finish before the cut of time which is one hour and 30 minutes. I have ran a six mile course in 60 minutes but that was a couple of years ago. I have 37 days to train, so here we go.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-02, 14:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/182/170 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 78%

Hey everyone!!

I missed my workout yesterday. I went out with a friend all day. So, I did my weights and cardio today, and tomorrow, I will get in my last weight day. I am also going to do an extra day of cardio tomorrow, too.

I went out and got some size 12 jeans! Yay yay!! I was in 10s when I met my husband and that is my goal for September 22, my birthday. I'm not worried if I don't quite get there, but I want to get as close as possible!

I weighed today and went to 160.5, so the cardio is working! I was at around 163 last week. I felt a bit high today after my workout. I think it was adding the B vitamins back in. I ran out a week and a half ago and got some this morning. I took one with my Stack at lunch and OH BOY! I am flying! I'm going to have to cut down my stack to two in the morning and one in the afternoon, or I might never get to sleep!

Lisa - I can't wait to hear those little boy's reactions when you succeed! Every detail, expression, everything! I know you'll be proud when you do it!

Marlaine - You do so well with your workouts! Are you doing BFL workouts, or do you have your own specialized one?

I hope everyone finishes the week out well. Hold it through that burn!!

Amber
  #78   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-02, 14:53

Plan: MyLCWOL
Stats: 485/366/210 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 43%

Ok, got all three Cardio workouts in for this first week.

Monday 2 minutes warmup, 13 minutes ~ heart rate 130pbm avg. + 5 minute cool down

Thursday 2 minute warmup, 14 minutes ~ heart rate 134pbm avg. + 5 minute cool down

Friday 2 minute warmup, 15 minutes ~ heart rate 136pbm avg. + 5 minute cool down

Alot more effort to get heart rate up today. Tomorrow is weigh in day, keeping fingers crossed.
  #79   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-02, 14:58

Plan: Atkins --> South Beach
Stats: 219/214.5/165 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

OK, I've been a perfect w/o angel since that last slip the other day. (Marlaine, that comment about not looking in the mirror and seeing the person who skipped the workout really got to me!)

Yesterday, about half way into 20min on the Nordic track in the basement, I heard "clunk, clunk, clunk, thud …. Wahhhh!" from upstairs. Turns out my little girl had fallen down about the last third of a flight of stairs while playing there with toy cars. So I scooped her up, got her settled down, and with boo-boo inspected and kissed, I went back down and started over. Yup – started from zero! So I got 1 ˝ 20min cardio workouts in.

Today was UBWO, which went just fine. Tonight, the BF is taking me out for big LC dinner for my birthday. What a guy!

Welcome aboard, Lisa and Lux! Talon – WTG on upping your minutes on the bike! Hey, Marlaine, Amber, Linda and everyone. Glad to see everyone checking in.
  #80   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-02, 15:11

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Great to hear from all of you!! And I'm delighted to hear that you are keeping up the exercise! We are going to be human dynamos by the end of the year! I just know that our efforts are going to pay dividends.

Amber...I'm kinda doing my own thing now on the workouts. I'm experimenting and trying to make working out something that feels natural in my life so that I can keep doing it.

Lisa...I usually find that someone telling me I "can't" is all that I need to be able to do it! I believe that you are going to not only make it but do a very good job of it too! We'll be here rooting for you!

LuxGood going there! Persistance will make you strong!

RhuI'm really glad that you've picked yourself up! And that 1.5 cardio is great, expecially considering the little accident. Have fun on your LC birthday dinner!
  #81   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-02, 17:51
Registered Member

Stats: 226/226/189
BF:
Progress: 0%

I am doing fine on my program. This morning I ran 3.2 miles. Good thing I started before it got to hot.I'm on way out the door for 1.5 mile walk . Good luck everyone and work hard.
Fred
  #82   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-02, 23:47

Plan: Keto
Stats: 203/187.2/140 Female 5' 3"
BF:75%/5%/25%
Progress: 25%

I did my w/o today, but not a normal one! I was in a hurry and could only do 1 set of each exercise each... BUT I zipped through them without taking a break... took me twenty minutes, I really was tired after! I think that was a defiant cardio today! Boy my legs are sore now too!
  #83   ^
Old Sat, Aug-24-02, 09:11

BF:

Hi all! I got my cardio in and weights on whatever muscle groups got the least attention this week. I'm happy to be done early! Cardio was harder today.

Have a great weekend you all!

Hey Lux, I like your Larry Boy!

Amber
  #84   ^
Old Mon, Aug-26-02, 08:51

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Just checking in for the beginning of the week.

Cardio done on Saturday, and though I normally take Sunday as a free day, I did do about a three hour walkabout with friends. Was in bed early last night (9:30PM) and awake by 6 this morning so go up and headed to the gym. Feels great to be done my workout already and have the whole day ahead of me yet!
  #85   ^
Old Mon, Aug-26-02, 08:58

Stats: 156/135/120 Female 5' 3
BF:156/135/120
Progress: 58%

Good morning everyone, just checking in from the week-end. I ran a lot of hills this week-end. Sat. 2.5 mile run with a 1.25 mile walk. Sun. morning 3mile run.

I haven't worked out this morning I hope to get it in tonight. I hope everyone had a great week-end. I am getting ready to turn in my registration form for the 10k. See ya guys.
  #86   ^
Old Mon, Aug-26-02, 09:07

BF:

Monday check-in, I already did my weights and cardio this morning. Felt great! I'd like to do it as much as possible in the morning, but I need to fit it into my homeschooling, so I might only be able to do it a couple times a week. I do like it better though.

See you all later! Amber
  #87   ^
Old Mon, Aug-26-02, 10:01

Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%

I was up to 13 minutes on Saturday. Yesterday I took a day off. I -will- be back to 13 minutes today - need to phsyc myself up for it - somebody remind (read: nag) me about this later?
  #88   ^
Old Mon, Aug-26-02, 10:02

Plan: Keto
Stats: 203/187.2/140 Female 5' 3"
BF:75%/5%/25%
Progress: 25%

I’m still at it… Saturday was my day off of w/o and yesterday I did all 3 sets of each exercise. Used 5 pound weights for each set. Most of the exercises, the last one was to or almost failure. Didn’t stop for a 15sec rest, just kept at them… took me 50 minutes with about 10 minutes of stretching before the w/o started. I still have not got back into walking But hope to get that going again soon.
  #89   ^
Old Mon, Aug-26-02, 21:57

Plan: MyLCWOL
Stats: 485/366/210 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 43%

Put in extra credit workout Sunday on exercise bike 30 minutes

Got in Mondays workout, up time by 5 minutes this week to 25 minutes on Eliptical Cross trainer. Again had to increase effort to get heart rate up to target zone avg revs/minute up 10 from 125 to 135. Body continues to adapt to exercise level.
  #90   ^
Old Wed, Aug-28-02, 08:07

BF:

I did my weights and cardio yesterday and today. I am wondering, Marlaine, do you know how long it takes to see real change when using a stack? I feel like I see some definition that wasn't there before, but that could just be normal for weightlifting! I don't expect a miracle, but I can't wait until the flab is gone. You can see a lot of my muscles, but there are "groups" of fat in places that just need to be melted off. I'll be glad when all I see are the muscles!

Have a great hump day everyone!!

Amber