Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-12-03, 16:39

Plan: My Own Thing
Stats: 299/222.5/160 Female 5'10"
BF:EEK!
Progress: 55%
Smile Hey Ya'll

This is SO cool. I came across this website just yesterday and I am already hooked. The post that I have read have been extremely enlightening (and some...pretty funny). I guess I need to give ya'll a little "history" on me. I have been overweight for most of my life. I have tried EVERY diet...you name it...I've done it! This time I am not rushing myself...I am more forgiving of "slip ups" that I might have...and I am taking this pound by pound. Now don't get me wrong...Lord, how I would love to wake up tomorrow morning and see that I have reached my goal! And this time I am doing it for myself. I look younger, feel better and I am pretty dang happy with what I have accomplished.

I do need help on one thing though. As I lose weight, I am noticing my skin starting to sag. Especially in my tummy, thighs, arms and hiney. I have been looking into surgery to correct this once I have reached my goal (yes, I think it looks THAT bad)...but if anyone has any advice on how to firm the skin up without surgery (hopefully I can do this with exercise)....I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER!!!

Take care...and nice meeting ya'll!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jul-13-03, 12:42

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 283/179/150 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 78%

Welcome Beachdream!

It is so impressive to see that you have come so far in your weightloss goal already! That's fantastic! I'm sure you will enjoy low carbing, it is a truly satisfying way of eating.

For sagging skin I know that has been discussed a lot here. It is recommended that you exercise while doing low carbing and that will help some of it and also some have said that it may come off eventually. I would click the blue earth search feature at the top of the screen to the right of "This is a sugar free zone" and type in sagging skin. I'm sure you will find lots of links.

Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jul-13-03, 15:32

Plan: My Own Thing
Stats: 299/222.5/160 Female 5'10"
BF:EEK!
Progress: 55%

Hi etoiles!!

I went to the search (blue globey thingy) and you were right...my goodness! what a wealth of information.

Thanks for your help! I will definitely use some of the advice posted!