Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Aug-25-01, 17:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 191/173/150
BF:
Progress: 44%
Default Help!

I have been on Atkins on and off for the last few months and I think i've stuffed up my metabolism. In the past when I've gone into induction I've lost up to 6kg (13lb) in the 2 weeks and that was when I was eating apples!

I've been on Induction now for a week and am eating NO vegetable or fruit at all. I'm definately in ketosis and have lost no weight.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-26-01, 02:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 73/58/57
BF:
Progress: 94%
Default Patience ?

Induction is a two week process during which your body's metablism is changed to a fat-burning state. Past results are no guarantee of present results ... u r not in the same state. However as u r half way through I would recommend that you stay fully 100% committed and assess the situation again in a week's time.

Take care.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Aug-26-01, 10:24

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

Alas, the body is not infinitely forgiving. People can botch their metabolisms so thoroughly that no weight loss is possible, even on tiny carb and calorie counts. The older we are, the more hyperinsulinemic we are, the more we've dieted in the past, the more this is so.

So it's a good idea to wait to begin to LC until you're ready to make it a Way of Eating, forever. You'll get your best results that way and shouldn't ever regain.

In the final analysis, it is each of our choice. Do we want to eat pizza, cake, pasta, and croissants, or do we want to be slender? Neither of those choices is morally right (or, for most of us, really "right" for our health, as there are risks to losing weight as well as to staying fat). But pick one choice, make peace with it, and make it your lifestyle. For some people, deciding to accept a higher-than-socially-accepted weight, buying great clothes in the larger size, etc. is definitely an act of self-love, giving much peace after a lifetime of battling their bodies. For some people, being slender is important.

Best of luck.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Aug-26-01, 11:52

Plan: Atkins(minus fiber)
Stats: 175/160/140
BF:
Progress: 43%

good speech razzle! calista, be patient with ur body. i'm sure u'll get out of the stall.. i'm sure it's more of a stall in ur mind, than in ur body.