Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#181   ^
Old Tue, Aug-16-11, 23:05

Plan: Primal
Stats: 478.4/248.0/228 Male 73
BF:28.9%
Progress: 92%

I gave up caffeine at the start of my journey, the headache was not fun ... but there's a hint that something is bad for you

luckily there are some superb decafs in the UK
Sponsored Links
  #182   ^
Old Wed, Aug-17-11, 01:46
Paleo and proud!

Plan: Paleo / Primal
Stats: 210/175.6/168 Female 70 inches
BF:40%/34.4%/30%
Progress: 82%

I love coffee so much. It's not the caffeine, it's the taste. Well, sometimes it's the caffeine too! I can only drink 2 cups per day of caffeinated coffee otherwise I go loopy and start getting the shakes and I rarely drink coffee past midday.

I am hoping to give up caffeine for 30 days for another Whole 30 challenge. I think I will need to drink decaf coffee in its place though.
  #183   ^
Old Wed, Aug-17-11, 08:49

Plan: Paleo/Atkins/low cal
Stats: 232/148/135 Female 62
BF:a lot
Progress: 87%

OK, I'm back to 1 cup of strong Joe in the mornings. I missed every thing about it.

And quitting coffee did nothing for my weight loss. Yea, I'm looking for justifications why it is OK to fill up my beautiful blue mug...

So maybe I have to give my wings back....
  #184   ^
Old Wed, Aug-17-11, 09:02
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonechew
Phase 2 is strategizing the implementation of your giving up coffee. With a lot of maps and diagrams, lists within a list of supplies needed, and complicated parallel project time lines.

LOL! Phase 2 went on for months with me, maybe even over a year. I gradually used more and more decaf. Then I got to a point where I stopped reducing the caffeine and was stuck there for months.

Phase 3 happened when I got my genetic test results about my slow caffeine metabolism. I started having 2 cups of instant caffeinated coffee (yuck) a day, the rest decaf. Then 1 cup.

Phase 4 was when I quit caffeine altogether and drank nothing but decaf.

Phase 5 was when I got sick of the price of coffee and quit the decaf too.

Now I'm drinking Teechino which I'm not sure is any cheaper than coffee, but it is good with dark chocolate.
  #185   ^
Old Wed, Aug-17-11, 09:54

Plan: Paleo/Low Cal
Stats: 000/000/200 Male 5 ft 10 in
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonechew
Phase 2 is strategizing the implementation of your giving up coffee. With a lot of maps and diagrams, lists within a list of supplies needed, and complicated parallel project time lines.

Yes, I believe you are correct, Bonechew. I've begun a spreadsheet that catalogs the equipment, skills, and efforts needed to confront Phase Two in the proper manner.

The maps and diagrams will be drawn on whimsey, probably on scraps of tissue paper at 3am following psycho-kinetic dreams.

Until then, I'm awaiting further instruction from The Void - you know, that place deep in your heart that says... life without coffee = ain't worth it.
  #186   ^
Old Fri, Aug-19-11, 09:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProteusOne
Yes, I believe you are correct, Bonechew. I've begun a spreadsheet that catalogs the equipment, skills, and efforts needed to confront Phase Two in the proper manner.

The maps and diagrams will be drawn on whimsey, probably on scraps of tissue paper at 3am following psycho-kinetic dreams.

Until then, I'm awaiting further instruction from The Void - you know, that place deep in your heart that says... life without coffee = ain't worth it.

Always highlight the single point of failure. Then route as much through that point as possible.

If I can't create a bottleneck via this strategy, I then work really hard to create a logic/process loop where I can keep cycling more while waiting to reach the single point of failure - simultaneously draining my economic/psychological resources.

Where there is a will, there is a way… to not doing what needs to be done.

I’ve got so few vices left… At what point does the Void question if I am still homo sapien?
  #187   ^
Old Sat, Aug-20-11, 08:07

Plan: Paleo/Low Cal
Stats: 000/000/200 Male 5 ft 10 in
BF:
Progress: 0%

Vices. Funny you should mention them, Bonechew, for vices of the flesh are what it's all about. I recently took this challenge to go for 30 days of clean living - which to me meant eating only fresh unprocessed fruits, veggeis and meats. I've done spectacularly well (for me, anyway), but I ended up in failure because of a couple of vices that I have - butter and coffee with cream. But, in the big picture, these things are insignificant, I believe. Addiction talking here? Probably, but strangely addictions make sense sometimes. For instance, coffee to me, is a ritual. And since I have no other real rituals in my life, I'm embracing it. It's all I got!
  #188   ^
Old Sun, Aug-21-11, 10:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProteusOne
Vices. Funny you should mention them, Bonechew, for vices of the flesh are what it's all about. I recently took this challenge to go for 30 days of clean living - which to me meant eating only fresh unprocessed fruits, veggeis and meats. I've done spectacularly well (for me, anyway), but I ended up in failure because of a couple of vices that I have - butter and coffee with cream. But, in the big picture, these things are insignificant, I believe. Addiction talking here? Probably, but strangely addictions make sense sometimes. For instance, coffee to me, is a ritual. And since I have no other real rituals in my life, I'm embracing it. It's all I got!

Why don't I have a vice like saving too much money... Or being addicted to exercise and work outs...