Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jun-28-19, 16:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/150/135 Female 64 in
BF:
Progress: 70%
Default Hi from sunny AZ

Only posting because I have this message at the top of my screen that I want to get rid of:

Hello DaisyAZ, our records indicate that you have never posted to our site before! Why not make your first post today by saying hello to our community in our Introductions forum. With so many active, expert and friendly low-carbing members and millions of posts across dozens of specialty forums, Active Low-Carber Forums is a great place to find and give low-carb support!

I've been here lurking for a while, reading all the inspirational journals and posts...basically just looking around, getting used to the environment.

I have been doing Atkins most of my adult life. Went from 350 lbs to 140 lbs about 7 years ago when I got sick and tired of the game I was playing w myself and my health.

Kept it off until 6 months ago when I went thru some heavy-duty life changes; my life partner (of 17 years) died of complications due to T2. No he wouldn't change his life style and our beloved mutt passed away 4 weeks after his father. The little mutt was 16 years old.

Seems to me it was carte blanche to eat me some carbs...

In any case, I've been back on the wagon as it were, since 17 June and I've lost 7 lbs.

Thanks for listening.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jun-29-19, 09:27

Plan: Protein Power, IF
Stats: 238/204/145 Female 5'8"
BF:53.75%/46.6%/25%
Progress: 37%

Welcome, DaisyAZ. 350 lbs. to 140 lbs. is amazing! What a success. That takes a lot of hard work and commitment. I'm really impressed.

It sounds like you went through some really tough times recently--and maybe still are. I lost some weight on low carb years ago (not remotely what you accomplished) and then something traumatic happened and I just thought "What's the point?" I understand how you can easily go from committed to not, very quickly.

I don't have any advice, because you're the expert, I think. Just wanted to let you know I empathize with where you are.