Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Bread & Baked Goods
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-17-20, 14:10

Plan: Keto, gluten/nut-free
Stats: 245.8/179/149 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 69%
Post Keto Bread Recipe - 0.6g Net Carbs/2 slices

Keto Bread Recipe
-- 0.6g Net Carbs for 2 slices

This is my own recipe that I created from experimenting with ingredients. It is gluten-free, nut-free, dairy-free, yeast-free, and clean Keto.

INGREDIENTS:
6 large eggs, room temperature
Flaxseed - 6 tbsp seeds (makes about 1/2 cup ground)
Olive Oil -1/4 cup
Monkfruit Sweetener - 1 tbsp (or your favorite sweetener)
Pysllium Husk - 3 tbsp
Chia Seed - 1 tbsp
Hemp Seeds - 1 tbsp
Nutritional Yeast - 1 tbsp
Baking Powder - 1.5 tsp
Collagen Peptides 1 scoop (optional)

DIRECTIONS:
Beat the eggs with a hand mixer or immersion mixer for at least 2 minutes till frothy.

Grind the flaxseed in a coffee grinder (or a blender on fine ground), and then put the Psyllium, Chia, and hemp together in the grinder, and grind them as well. Makes a total of 1 cup of ground ingredients.

Add the dry ingredients and oil to the eggs, mix well, till you don't see the egg froth any more.

Let sit for about 5 minutes to thicken.
Pour into bread pan.

Bake for about 50 minutes at 375 F. Let cool in bread pan for 10 minutes, then move to a cooling rack.

If possible, let the bread air dry 2-3 hours before putting them in a zip-lock bag and store in the fridge or freezer.

Makes 18 slices.

NUTRITIONAL VALUES:
2 slices = Calories: 155.7, Fat: 11.9, Sodium: 54.6, Carbs: 6.1 , Fiber: 3.7, Sugar: 0.03, Sugar Alcohols: 1.8, Protein: 7.9 , Net Carbs: 0.6g

THOUGHTS AND SUGGESTIONS:
I originally used this recipe to make Keto buns (1.6g net carbs), and they worked out great. Then people kept asking for bread, so yesterday I thought I would try, and see how it turned out. It was great!

I have added superfood ingredients to make it more nutritious. I figure everything that goes in our mouths should be healthy, nutritious. Not just empty carbs or calories.

It is very dense, more like a multigrain/whole wheat bread texture than Wonderbread, but I love it. However, it's been so many years since I had regular bread, I may not be a good judge! LOL

If you can't eat the Psyllium, Chia, or Hemp, just replace it with one of the other ingredients.

I buy most of my ingredients from Bulk Barn (a bulk food store in Canada), the rest on Amazon.

I have a small coffee grinder that I grind my ingredients. I don't think it will work as well if you don't grind these ingredients. If you don't have a grinder, just use your blender on fine ground. Some ingredients can be bought pre-ground.

Eggs beat up higher at room temperature, so that's important.
If you try my recipe, I'd love to hear how it turned out!

ENJOY!!

Last edited by CWatt : Thu, Sep-17-20 at 15:26.
Sponsored Links