Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Oct-04-03, 20:09

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 246/242/155 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 4%
Default New to this site but....

Not to atkins

I was doing really well but fell off the bandwagon the last few weeks. My life was really stressful so I fell off. Now I am ready to hop back on and make this a PERMANT way of life

ow If I could get my dh to join me life would be awsome

Thanks,
Kim
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Oct-04-03, 21:23

Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

Hiya! I wish I could give you some helpful advice on getting the DH to join you. I was WAAAYYY luckier that way, LOL, have nearly the whole family on it! It's so nice to have everyone but the little guy basically eating the same stuff. I always did this kind of thing alone before, and that was never any fun.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Oct-04-03, 21:29
Carb Nazi

Stats: 260/255/160 Male 6'0
BF:YES!
Progress: 5%

Hi Kim:

Just wanted to welcome you to the forum and congratulate you on making that significant first start! Maybe if your DH sees how well you are doing in a few weeks he will be inspired to join you, especially when all the men start looking your way when you are a thin sexy woman! Good luck and let me know if I can help... mad
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-03, 01:05

Stats: 269/245/150 Female 5ft 10in
BF:
Progress: 20%

Hang in there girl and hang around here. You'll get tremendous support and advice like no other place.
Welcome.
Elaine
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-03, 08:42

Stats: 259/223/148 Female 5'7
BF:No clue
Progress: 32%

I hear ya! I did so well for seven months and fell off...off and on for over a month!!! The good news is that the first couple of weeks, I still lost...a total of 2 more lbs. The other good news is that despite a daily pepsi and eating things like the bread on a ham & cheddar melt, pizza, sesame chicken, etc., I didn't gain back an oz! I attribut some of this to luck and some of it to my continued working out 5-6 days a week.

That being said, I am too close to my goal to let bad habits reestablish themselves. Yesterday was my first day back on induction (after several bad starts) and I know I'm back on it now (I can always tell when I'm in that place where I need to be) and looking forward to hitting goal in a few months.

As far as getting hubby to join you...the best way to make that happen is by example. My hubby said no way he was going to give up bread and that he would just do low fat, etc. Well, after seeing amazing results in me in only two months, he jumped on the bandwagon. He's lost a ton of weight and is now also doing the gym 5-6 days a week. He gets bored with the foods, etc, but almost never cheats at all! (I could count with fingers left over on one hand the times he has in the past six months.) That is my fault because I'm not a creative cook and he's been eating the same thing over and over for six months.

When your hubby sees how terrific you are doing, don't be suprised if he starts asking questions about Atkins

L
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-03, 09:31

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 135/123.0/120 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 80%

Welcome! I found this site by mistake as I was scouring the internet for Atkins-friendly desserts. As everyone has said before, you might hook your DH onto Atkins by your results. Once he sees how fabulously you will be doing and how easy it is, he might be sold. My DH does not LC, but he now watches his carbs. He reads labels and is amazed at how many carbs are packed into his everyday foods. When we get take-out, he usually tosses the bread that comes with the order, "Gotta watch my carbs!" Good luck on your LC journey and in getting your DH to LC!!!
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-03, 14:27

Plan: Atkins- OWL/Pre-M
Stats: 165/144/140 Female 70 inches (5' 10")
BF:30%/19.28%/19%?
Progress: 84%

Welcome back!! This forum is a great support system. The people are fantastic.

I started Atkins alone, without my significant other, however after he say the weight loss and that foods I was eating for the 2 weeks of induction he decided to join in. Maybe your DH will too. I hope so!
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-03, 17:13

Plan: atkins
Stats: 231/191/150 Female 5 6
BF:
Progress: 49%

Welcome Kim....good luck to you and keep coming here for support and advice every day. It is a wonderful support system and a wealth of information. Glad you are back!