Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-13-12, 11:03
Registered Member

Plan: paleo, carb cycle
Stats: 160/136/115 Female 63 in
BF:25.4/25.1/20
Progress: 53%
Default Does LCing while pregnant help with nausea?

I'm not PG yet...I don't think lol. I'm in the two week wait, but I always feel a bit queasy during this time. It seems worse after I carb up on carb cycling days. So I was curious if anyone found that staying low carb helped with the morning sickness many PG women experience?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-14-12, 15:34

Plan: general LC
Stats: 191/140/133 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 88%

I had no morning sickness at all my entire pregnancy. I was VLC before, during, and after. I have read where morning sickness may be a function of blood sugar levels, so it stands to make some sense where LC'ing could help a great deal in preventing nausea during pregnancy.

Best wishes for you to get that big fat positive soon! It's great that you are already LC, I think maintaining my LC WOE was the biggest factor in making my pregnancy extremely easy and problem free for its entirety. My little guy came into this world very healthy and is still quite robust as he is just beginning to experiment with solids, all paleo foods of course
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jan-14-12, 21:16

Plan: LC Paleo
Stats: 211/177/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 48%

If it were me I would concentrate more on whole foods and avoiding things that don't agree with me like grains and dairy. And most fruit. Meat and veggies make me happiest, and whole foods are good for everyone
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-15-12, 04:53
Registered Member

Plan: paleo, carb cycle
Stats: 160/136/115 Female 63 in
BF:25.4/25.1/20
Progress: 53%

Thank you mfish! I'm so happy to hear that there may be some truth to the article I found! Morning sickness is one of my biggest pregnancy worries. Of course, that wouldn't stop me from wanting a baby, but it's nice to know that my Mom's remedy from when she had me (four saltine crackers before she got out of bed every morning!) is not necessary to combat it .

Raven, I already do that due to a food intolerance. I can't have any grains, no dairy, certain types of veggies and fruit are off limits, so I'm basically stuck with a few basic veggies/fruit/some starches and meat/fat. I've become pretty accustomed to it, though. My hubby jokes that I could live off of salmon and sweet potatoes haha.