Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-03, 18:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/166.5/??
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Anyone have NO die-off symptoms??

Hi!!

I started de-yeasting yesterday and keep reading the horror stories about die-off and was wondering if anyone out there had not gone through this when they de-yeasted? The only thing I have felt so far is mild cramping, but I am bracing myself for the worst.
I started off taking half doses of everything (oil of oregano, olive leaf extract, pau d'arco, probiotics) and will up it to full doses next week. I have heard this minimizes die-off- we'll see though!!

Hope you are all doing well!!

Kara
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-03, 21:32

Plan: Organic
Stats: 167/1??/120 Female 69 inches
BF:29w/26w/24w
Progress: 57%

HI Kara! I actually have been having some die off sympotoms ( dizziness, very tired, vaginal yeast infections , and just feeling out of it) But they seem to be getting less severe now. (fingers crossed) I have read that a lot of people don't experience any die off aymptoms at all so maybe you're one of the lucky ones! Just make sure you stay on the diet and take your supllements and drink lots of water.
Good luck, let us know how you're doing!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-21-03, 11:01

Plan: Hybrid
Stats: 122/118/114
BF:28
Progress: 50%

This won't probably help you but here is my sentiment on the subject.

I don't understand when people talk about die-offs. I already have numerous symptoms when I start the candida diet/treatment. (Well, because of the symptoms I decide to start the treatment.) If I still have the same symptoms after starting the diet/treatment, well, I cannot really call it die-offs. I cannot really tell the difference you know.

Some people say symptoms worsen when you are having die-offs, but even before I start the treatment, my symptoms change and vary in severity day to day. Maybe I am not as observant as I should be.

Well, if I am experiencing any obvious die-offs, is I see cloudy filmy stuff in the toilet occasionally this time around, which I've never seen before I started the treatment.

BTW, I was taking SF722 and Hydroxygen Plus initially and saw a oily filmy stuff in the toilet and I just added Threelac about a week ago and I see cloudy stuff in the toilet now. (I hope I wasn't being too gross )

tmo

Last edited by tmo : Fri, Mar-21-03 at 11:04.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Mar-23-03, 06:44

Plan: MINE
Stats: 143/112.4/119 Female 162cms (63+inches)
BF:35/?/20
Progress: 127%
I am using nilstat three times a day before meals plus megadophilus, again three times a day before meals. I have been doing this for a couple of months now.

I have not experienced any die off symptoms at all which makes me doubt whether I do have candida. I run out of the nilstat and megadophilus this week and have an appointment with the Doc on friday for a repeat script. I am not sure if I am simply wasting my money and time.

I took the meds because of flatulence but I think that may be more related to what foods I eat. Also in what circumstances I am eating food ie tense social situations. The flatulence still comes and goes and seems to be more related to the previous two factors than anything else.

Can you have a test for candida - as in a scientific laboratory test not some whacky naturopathic testing (I used to do them so know what is available in that regards and they are not at all reliable either!!!).

#5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-13-03, 15:40

Plan: starting Dr Bernstein
Stats: 260/251/199
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default I'm wondering, too

After a week of indigestion every time I ate, I woke up one day last week and found fuzzy *black* (not white) growth on my tongue.
I'm diabetic, and eat low-carb, but when I slide off the wagon and eat carbs, I'm usually rewarded with "itchies" in private places...(I'm sorry for the need to talk so personally, but need to specify the reasons I think I have candida issues)...which I understood was yeast celebrating a sugar bonanza.
So I took the candida test you can find links to in this forum, and scored 239. I could relate to so many of the symptoms like depression and lethargy, lack of energy, too.
And I've been having outbreaks of the more physical symptoms off and on for about a year, now.

So convinced I had a candida infection, I purchased the product "Yeast Raiders", which I read about here as effective at least as far as immediately causing those dreaded die-off symptoms, and I've been taking 5 capsules at bedtime as per the directions for 5 or 6 days now - and have had really no symptoms to report.

So I'm left wondering...
Maybe i don't have candida?
Maybe the product doesn't work?
Maybe it's working but I'm just one of the lucky ones who doesn't get severe symptoms?

Wish I knew how to tell without going to a doctor for testing. I have a feeling my doctor would be on the "there is no such thing" side of the fence, anyway. He is not supportive of my low-carbing for diabetes.

What about black instead of white fuzzy tongue? It was gone by bedtime. Anyone else experienced that?
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 17:01
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 311/291/160
BF:
Progress: 13%
Unhappy

I feel plain yuk-ee...this is day 10 back on the plan and I feel terrible in the afternoon....I am pooped by 3 and ache allover...thought it was my fibro but I am checking into this candida thing....
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 23:24

Plan: candida diet
Stats: 143/137/120
BF:too much!
Progress: 26%

hi

sorry you're feeling crappy, it is really hard for the first couple of weeks.

One of my biggest symptoms with candida is the extreme tiredness hitting me about 3-4 in the afternoon, like a wave of lethargy, I really feel for you it's horrible, the inability to actually last a whole day. I've been on the anti-fungals and diet for 3 and a bit weeks now and can almost get through the day, have about 1 day out of 5 where it hits me hard, so keep going with it things will improve.

Hope you start feeling better soon.

cheers,
Row
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Apr-17-03, 01:57

Plan: MINE
Stats: 143/112.4/119 Female 162cms (63+inches)
BF:35/?/20
Progress: 127%

Hi Row,

I get those exact same symptoms when sugar, yeast and processed white flour has been back in my diet for a few days. I also wake up feeling 'hungover' like I have not really rested properly. A horrible feeling.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Oct-04-03, 14:51

Plan: Whatever works
Stats: 300.5/200/135 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 61%
Unhappy Delayed Die-Off?

Anyone heard of "delayed" die-off symptoms? I started caprylic acid, oil of oregano, and pau d'arco along with milk thistle and lots more water (to minimize impact on liver) ...and I began these supplements six days ago. I felt nothing like a "die-off" for the first three days, and I was wondering if I was going to be one of the lucky ones that gets by....or if I really did have a candida problem. But...the next day I started having mild crampy-like stomach pains....and my energy level started waning. I think this is beginning to affect my mood, my mind, and my stomach....and, you know, I've started the last few days with normal BM's...but about halfway through the day they get really loose and burn. My nose is running too.....more than usual.....perhaps reacting to the "autumn" molds...... I don't know if all that is die-off, but it sure doesn't feel good......

I'll be glad when this is all over......

And, no...it doesn't feel like the flu or anything like that...I can usually tell the difference....

Last edited by DerBlumers : Sat, Oct-04-03 at 14:56.