Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-16-10, 15:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 208/202/130 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default Messed Up, Stupid Emotions!

Was having a particularly miserable day yesterday. Bad things were coming at me left and right and I actually broke down in tears. I left my office and walked out to find lunch (I don't have a car). I just had to escape the good smell of whatever the drug rep brought for lunch (at our doctor's office, drug representatives bring us big, fancy, free lunch & breakfast pretty much every weekday).

Anyway, I was walking down the street. There was a taco bell a bit further down the road and I felt that if I kept walking past it, I'd lose the desire to eat there but by the time I passed taco bell I turned around and lost my mind.

Picture this: a 180lbs, 20year old girl frantically eating a burrito supreme in tears. Yeah, people were staring. Yeah, it was pathetic and embarrassing.

The worst part was that I wasn't even hungry. I was just having an emotional tumble and that was the only thing that crossed my mind.

I'm back on track now but I had to confess/
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-16-10, 17:37
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 175/168.4/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 22%

God love the drug reps.....they sure know how to put on a spread, don't they?

You had your mini-meltdown and now it's over. Onward and upward! (or downward actually in this case)
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jan-16-10, 18:08
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

Hug. Hope that helps.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-16-10, 21:53

Plan: Optimal Diet
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 62 inches
BF:

Look a little farther back than the bad day. Was something off with your food? not enough, or ran out of your favorites, or tried a new recipe and it was yuk?

in my experience there is always some food vulnerability before a bad day makes me go sideways. But, if I am well fed i am more likely to weather a storm.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jan-16-10, 22:20
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 133%

Quote:

in my experience there is always some food vulnerability before a bad day makes me go sideways. But, if I am well fed i am more likely to weather a storm.

Can I hear an AMEN!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jan-17-10, 13:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 208/202/130 Female 64 inches
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marrin7
God love the drug reps.....they sure know how to put on a spread, don't they?

You had your mini-meltdown and now it's over. Onward and upward! (or downward actually in this case)

Yeah! You sometimes I wonder if my biggest obstacle with weightloss has been those drug reps! I've worked there for 2 years now and I can't help but notice everyone I work with is chubby or putting immense effort to keep it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterE
Hug. Hope that helps.

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seejay
Look a little farther back than the bad day. Was something off with your food? not enough, or ran out of your favorites, or tried a new recipe and it was yuk?

You know, I can't remember. I think I kept on track up till then because I remember I wasn't even hungry when I indulged. I've just always been a comfort eater and it took a lot to stop but this last time I guess it defeated me.

But thanks everyone!
I will keep moving forward and I'll keep a stronger hold on the reins.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jan-17-10, 15:21

Plan: Optimal Diet
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 62 inches
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam
You know, I can't remember.
That's where a food log helps. Not a heavy big deal, but just notes of what and when you ate.

I was so excited the first time I noticed a pattern that after 3 days or so of not eating very much (and thinking I was doing so well), I invariably and inevitably ate too much and usually the wrong things.

Like the Chinese say - the most faded ink is better than the clearest memory.

The falling-facedown-in-the-carbs is the end result, the big symptom. The lead-in to it is usually something like not enough food or sleep or something that came before. I should say, for ME. Every single time.