Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-19, 07:17

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%
Default The Diet Fix by Dr. Zoe Harcombe

Zoe Harcombe has a new book! Has been years since her last book as she finished her doctorate, a PhD in Public Health Nutrition. I bought if for no other reason than supporting all her wonderful research. A few minutes ago, it was available on Amazon US, being shipped from a UK book shop. Said only one copy left, but this book was just published end 2018, so that stock situation should be temporary. Maria's book link goes to the book's own UK website.

I also have The Obesity Epidemic: What caused it? How can we stop it?
Excellent.

http://foodmed.net/2019/01/the-diet...-loss-harcombe/

Quote:
By Marika Sboros

Are you battling to lose weight? Confused by the minefield of conflicting nutrition and weight-loss advice out there?

Or simply and seriously concerned with your health or the health of those you care about?

If so, this book is for you.

The Diet Fix is by British public health and obesity researcher Dr Zoë Harcombe. The sub-title says it all: How to lose weight and keep it off… One last time!

On the front cover, British consultant cardiologist Dr Aseem Malhotra calls The Diet Fix “a gamechanger”. It is that and more.

Harcombe is a prolific author of best-selling books on optimum nutrition and beating obesity. These include a seminal work, The Obesity Epidemic: What caused it? How can we stop it?

The Diet Fix is very different – much shorter, less dense, an easier read overall but just as seminal. Once again, Harcombe demonstrates her well-developed habit of delivering on all promises.

She goes over old scientific ground that’s in her other books but bears repeating. Combined with the most up-to-date research, it paints the big health picture of sustainable, safe and healthy weight loss.

Book Review continues....

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-19, 07:56

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

I had vowed to never buy another book on diet. I own many, read them all, and have settled on a way of eating that works for me. Why spend more money? And now you post this, a book by Zoe Harcombe, and I am beginning to think my resolve to stay diet book free is going to break down. I am not sure whether to thank you or not for this posting, Janet.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-19, 09:24

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Completely understand Jean. I made the same vow, and this is seems only a short book about diet that neither of us really need, but I like her style.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-19, 12:42
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

The Diet Book Diet, fattens the wallet.