Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 19:33
Registered Member

Plan: low carb
Stats: 225/225/145 Female 66 inches
BF:too much
Progress: 0%
Default new to triple digit club

hello, i have been a member for a little while of the site, but am new to this forum.i am returning after falling off the lo carb lifestyle and wanting very much to get myself on track . i have regained the initial weight i had lost about 11 pounds, am feeling yucky from the carbs and still a keen craving to eat more. i do not want to continue to eat the carbs and want to get the cravings under control. any advice pepole have for controlling the cravings i am very willing to hear it and try. for me coming back is about finding support where in past i was more willing to give it. receiving is hard for me.

debra
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 19:55
~Return to Reality~

Plan: LCHF also RNY Bypass
Stats: 288.8/183.6/159 Female 5'7"
BF:I/don't/know
Progress: 81%

Welcome qattales. Those cravings are very strong -- but they truly will go away with getting rid of the carbs. Best to get started one day at a time. There is a post in the TDC about '' what one thing would you tell a newcomer" or something similar. If you read through that thread, it's very encouraging and I found it helpful.

Good luck! We are here to help you -- don't be afraid to ask.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 20:12
Registered Member

hello hummelda thank you so much for the welcome and offer of support. i am very appreciative. thank you for the tip on the thread i will look for it and read . i have done fairly well today..day one
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 20:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/336/179 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Qattles - plenty of support and encouragement here. Just keep posting, it really does help to keep you focused knowing that there are others going through the same things! Good to have you with us!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 20:42
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins Like
Stats: 266.5/231/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:50.06%/42.96%/25%
Progress: 33%

Welcome qattales to TDC and back to Lcing. I found when the cravings hit I drink water till they go away - and they do go away.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 20:56
Registered Member

hi tl thank you for the welcome and support. i know i need to get better about asking for help and putting it out there. i have seen how this site and it's members support one another. i welcome any insight any member has to offer.

hi bjuga, thanks for the welcome and the tip about water. i know many of the success stories i read on the site always talk about higher water intake. besides being just plain good for you is there a component to this diet as well? does it help flush the fat out ? boy i wish.....
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 21:33

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

Welcome to the TDC, Qattales! I know it's hard for me to sometimes ask for help, because it's admitting I need help. There are a lot of folks here who have been through the struggle and can really offer sound suggestions for ways to help.

I highly recommend logging your foods at Fitday That is how I learned what foods to eat that worked for me. Good luck!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 21:47
Registered Member

Plan: Custom
Stats: 410/253/240 Male 72
BF:Wow/30%/???
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by qattales
want to get the cravings under control. any advice pepole have for controlling the cravings i am very willing to hear it and try. debra

Cravings are pretty natural for most of us. We always want what we perceive we can't have. Some people can stay on induction level carbs for more than a year, and never crave anything. I can't do induction level at all, and get overcome by cravings and boredom in eating the same kinds of food within weeks. Just be honest in assessing yourself. For some, more moderate levels of carbs (60-80 grams) enable you to stay on plan long term. Remember:

The only bad diet is the one you can't stay on.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 22:15
Registered Member

hi dianne.. thanks for the hello..i have signed up for fitday when i originally join this site but have never really learned to use it. i will try again to be fitday friendly .

hi jerry thanks for your input. i just bought the book on low glycemic foods to see if maybe i need to adjust my carbs but do it in a way that has minimal insulin increase.. by increasing my realm maybe i won't feel so restricted..i know sometimes i want the eggs but other days i feel if i look one more egg in the face i will lose it.

debra
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 22:32
living kaizen

Stats: 510/406/195 Male 6 feet baby...
BF:
Progress: 33%

I think just by exchanging ideas, recipes, and giving other support, you are getting it. In an active community, it's reciprocal. Glad to have you back!!!
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 22:46
Registered Member

hi heath thanks for the welcome..you are right it is about exchange.i tend to listen and offer support well but have a hard time being vulnerable and open to revealing my own limitations. it is something i am working on to breaK through why i have gained this weight in the first place.

debra
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 23:43
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 270/266/140 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 3%

Hi Debra. I'm new to this whole board, really, but I'll say welcome anyway. I'll bet many of us are better at giving than receiving. You'll get a chance to do both. Good luck getting back on track.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 23:49

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Welcome to the forum. It's great to see you here.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 10:34
Registered Member

Stats: 278/189/150 Female 65 inches
BF:?/35%/25%
Progress: 70%

I like to cook so I tried get back into cooking, low carb, of course. It really has worked. If I am bored I search for some new recipes to try or treat myself to a new cookbook. Sometimes I will go shopping if I am feeling down just to try on clothes. Now that I can see the progress, it is very inspiring. Clothing styles that I would have never worn (but I tried on to dream big or small!) at a 26W look fine at a 14 misses. Find something you like to do and rediscover it low carb style. Good luck to you.
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-04, 11:27
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

Welcome. The closer I stay to induction the more control I have over carb cravings. But over time you will find what works best for you. I wish you every success.