Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Fibromyalgia, CFS, S.A.D.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View Poll Results: does a No!! suger,wheat,rice,softdrink,carbs,dairyetc make ur fibro go into REMISSION
YES am pain free 19 23.46%
yes only 50% pain free 29 35.80%
yes only 20% pain free 14 17.28%
NO hasnt done a thing for me still in bad pain 19 23.46%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

#76   ^
Old Thu, Jun-14-12, 02:32

Plan:
Stats: 180/180/180 Female
BF:
Progress: 90%

It is so complex, isn't it myrt. Damned if ya do , damned if ya dont. The meds are proven to increase appetite and retain fluids. You need the meds, The weight just has to play second fiddle. I am so happy to hear about your doggie's improvement . Bless his little heart. And Spot ... gosh what a trooper.

My cats are up to their usual antics. I love them to death. In the morning when I am trying to get my body to work at all. I sit up and my younger kitty comes right to me and sits with me. She is so soft and sweet and just absorbs all the petting and chin scratching I can muster. This just heals my spirit so much. Her fur is so soft and her little purr is so comforting, her eyes show she adores me. I love how she distracts me while I work out the kinks. She never misses a morning, either.

I am looking forward to some good weather, hopefully the body will feel better because of it too. yay.

How are you all doing?
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Thu, Jun-14-12, 14:54

Plan: Concentrate on Protein
Stats: 186.5/136.6/136.0 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 99%

Hi Cathleen, I was at 163.8# & absolutely elated but when I started on the prednisone I was up to 169.0# & just couldn't believe it. That was about Saturday and now I finally weighed thinking I had gained but I was down to 166.2#. When I get down to my goal of 145 I'll know I really weigh 140# and be happy with it. So far today I'm eating right.
W. said that Spot had a seizure last night when they came to bed. It lasted for a very short time and she was fine afterwards as usual. There is some anti-seizure meds. for dogs but we'll do without for now. It's getting expensive. Lucky's dog food lasts him 2 days and it's $2.50/can.
After while I'm going to the gym and starting back on the recumbant bike. It helped me so much before and I'm going to do it again. We're having pork chops on the Foreman Grill tonight and we have potatoes/sweet potatoes to go with it and some raw veggies. Have a good one, myrt
  #78   ^
Old Fri, Nov-23-12, 22:04

BF:

I forgot all about writing on here as I can't get all my ducks in a row....ever! That's the fibro life, isn't it? We put Spot down a couple weeks after I wrote this and we miss her. She had such a cute personality. Lucky is still doing great on his kidney disease dog food.
I wish there was more to do for fibro---it's so daily. Every day it's there even though there are some good days. for many years I took meds for arthritis but I can't take it anymore. The meds messed up my GI tract. I would love to be on a med that actually works and doesn't make me a zombie. myrt
  #79   ^
Old Sat, Nov-24-12, 04:06

Plan:
Stats: 180/180/180 Female
BF:
Progress: 90%

I am right there with you myrt. Daily I wish there was something . I am getting nothing done because I hurt so much and feel so exhausted all the time. I am glad I was able to lose weight over several months,if I had not, I am not sure I could handle the days at all now. Just going out to do one errand puts me horizontal for the rest of the day. I am just such a whiner, too, good thing I have no others in my household to listen to it.

Hope you can find something to help you soon ( and then come back and tell us about it! ) *** smiles ***

((( hugs ))))
  #80   ^
Old Wed, Dec-19-12, 16:49

Plan: atkins
Stats: 180/180/140 Female 54
BF:
Progress: 0%

I have Fibro and I take Vicodin....does this cause weight gain ? Anyone know ? I also think I could have a gluten intolenace
  #81   ^
Old Wed, Dec-26-12, 19:54

BF:
Default Physical Therapy

I've been back in PT for about 3 weeks and I feel better but not great. Feeling betterr is good. I go to the pool on most of the days I don't go to PT. It's very cold here right now. I think it was 22* this morning and tomorrow won't be much better. The gym/pool has a warm therapy pool so I'll go in there tomorrow morning.
I ate way too much yesterday and ate a little too much today so I don't feel too bad about it! Tomorrow's another day
  #82   ^
Old Tue, Apr-02-13, 16:23
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 205/197/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 18%

Any chance of getting this thread going again?
  #83   ^
Old Tue, Apr-02-13, 17:21

Plan: My plan, my way
Stats: 233.8/170.0/179 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 116%

I believe there are a great many of us with fibro on this forum. It is hard to live with and I do think following low carb does help. Recently discovered I was anemic and am on iron pills Wouldn't have thought about that since I have regular blood tests because of diabeties and no thyroid. The iron seems to have helped some. I also think weight gain and fibro go hand in hand someway. N2L
  #84   ^
Old Tue, Apr-02-13, 18:30
Registered Member

Stats: 205/197/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 18%

Hi N2L,
I wouldn't be surprised if fibro and weight gain went hand in hand. I'm sure I'm not the only one to have eaten to feel better! Half gallon of ice cream and chocolate syrup will surely make me feel better! And then it's a vicious cycle of pain exacerbated by obesity.

On the 5th I will have been low carbing for 1 month. After about 4 days I was feeling considerably better. I've had way more energy.

And then, Easter weekend and I overdid it. I had the energy and considerably less pain so I went hog wild cleaning house and cooking a mega meal for the fam. Yesterday I cleaned out the bedroom my 20 year old just vacated to get it ready to give to his 16 year old brother. Top to bottom scrubbing and vacuuming.

Today I'm about in tears I'm in so much pain!

I'm so happy about the extra energy and less pain but still have to remember to not overdo... the life of fibro!

But I do believe low carb is the answer for me. I can already tell a difference.
  #85   ^
Old Wed, May-01-13, 13:01
Registered Member

Plan: LC/Atkins/Hgc2.0 &3.0
Stats: 260/231/160 Female 5' 1"
BF:Maybe someday....
Progress: 29%

Hello everyone! I hope this thread can keep going also.
I joined the board a year or more ago, then forgot I did... found my log-in info and came back! Good ol' fibro-fog.

The longest I've ever done low-carb is 3 months a couple years ago. Then a month this last November, and now I'm in the last week of month 3.

I am sleeping a bit better and I feel a little better overall. Of course that's primarily due to quitting smoking at the same time I went back on low-carb eating. HAD to do them at the same time! I did not want to gain even more weight from quitting smoking. I started on Feb. 11th.

The quitting cigs is by far easier than doing low-carb, oddly enough. But the longer I'm on low-carb, the easier it is getting. I've been lazy and allowed "carb creep" to catch me, so I'm not losing for a few weeks now. But not gaining, either.

I was diagnosed with fibro in Jan. of 1991, 22 yrs. ago!! But I had it for 20 years before the diagnosis. Like most of you, I was thought of as lazy, crazy, faking, etc. Horrible. Even after diagnosis! It has gotten so much better the last 5-10 years with more knowledge in the general public, so at least most people have heard of it now.

Gave up working the end of 2002. So very hard but I had to.

I feel better for giving up all the "whites" of food that are so bad for us.

Fibro and weight gain definitely go hand in hand, I believe due to the very poor sleep we get. It's a classic cycle that sets us up for weight gain. It's a constant battle.

Ok, enough for now! I will be back!
  #86   ^
Old Sat, Jul-06-13, 15:59
Registered Member

I got so engrossed in re-reading all the posts, I didn't even realize that last one was mine for a few sentences! LOL!

I sure wish the other gals who were here before would post again, or new ones with fibro!

After going off low carb for a few days and hurting like crazy for it, if I didn't know before, I definitely do now that it makes a huge difference in the way I feel. I can't give up on it now. It HAS to be a way of life.

Please come and post!
  #87   ^
Old Thu, Jul-11-13, 22:55

Stats: 195/189/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress:

I have been on LC for 5 weeks and also have fibro. I am on Cymbalta and Plaquinil plus hormones and other vitamins. I have only lost 5 pounds and only a few inches. Not much progress and have stuck to the plan. Just wondering if the medicines could be affecting the lack of weight loss.
  #88   ^
Old Sat, Jul-13-13, 15:24
Registered Member

It could be the meds. But a pound a week is good. I had to keep telling myself that! Clothes don't lie and even if my numbers (weight) doesn't go down much, the inches do. SO hang in there. I have been on prozac and am slowly getting off it again. My whole life has been a vicious cycle with fibro!! Good luck.
  #89   ^
Old Sat, Jul-13-13, 22:38

Plan: My plan, my way
Stats: 233.8/170.0/179 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 116%

Do you crave carbs when having a full blown attack?
When I hurt and the fatigue sets in it seems like I crave sweet snacks.
If I stay on low carb long enough I don't have those cravings.
Even though I'm 69 years old I still cycle each month (only have ovaries) and that is the only time I've ever liked chocolate.
Rest of the time, think chocolate is yucky.
Now I want key lime pie, over and over again.
I'm having problems with sciatica nerve and it brought on an attack.
Hadn't had one for awhile.
I've had the fatigue, just not the horrible nerve pain.
I'm on prozac, but also many other medications.
If I'd lost a pound a week and stayed on low carb I wouldn't weigh anything now, lol.
Think a pound a month, week would be marvelous.
N2L
  #90   ^
Old Tue, Jul-16-13, 07:22

Stats: 195/189/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress:

Thanks everybody! I am going to have a good attitude about the weight loss at a pound a week. At least I'm not GAINING a pond a week.