Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Oct-25-14, 10:29

Plan: Staying below 25gs
Stats: 139/137.6/119 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default I ate a doughnut.

I'm almost 3 weeks in. I've been so good and I've lost 8 pound. I'm delighted. But today I went to the cinema with my girls and are a doughnut. I feel so guilty. My total carbs for today are now 58. I've been keeping the below 20 up untill now. I'm terrified I've undone all my hard work. Will drinking a lot of water help.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Oct-25-14, 12:14
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Getting back to it and figuring out how you'll handle this better next time around is all you can do now. You might gain a bit, but it'll be water weight and should come off quickly. Congrats on sticking with it for 3 weeks!

Also, you might experience increased cravings now for a while. Giving into them will just make them worse and might completely derail you for a while.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Oct-25-14, 16:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 296/220/205 Male 71 inches
BF:25%?
Progress: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellie37
I'm almost 3 weeks in. I've been so good and I've lost 8 pound. I'm delighted. But today I went to the cinema with my girls and are a doughnut. I feel so guilty. My total carbs for today are now 58. I've been keeping the below 20 up untill now. I'm terrified I've undone all my hard work. Will drinking a lot of water help.

The rule is 20g per day per week. Your liver is depleted of glucose. One doughnut isn't going to change that. The sugar rush was probably not very good for you but I'd be more worried about what got you to eat that doughnut rather than the actual eating of it.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Oct-26-14, 06:41

Plan: Staying below 25gs
Stats: 139/137.6/119 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress:

It was just been at the drive in with my daughters. We don't have drive in cinemas in ireland and this one is just here for halloween so it was a treat. I should of brought some dark chocolate with me. Thanks for the support girls. I weighed myself this morning and only out on 1.4 pounds. I'm back on track today. It's not worth the guilt. Spent so much time yesterday googling what the damage would be.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-14, 23:15

Plan: Keto
Stats: 190/155/145 Female 5ft 3.5 in
BF:
Progress: 78%

My advice is to chalk it up as a fluke and get right back on track. That is what i have had to do on occasion